[Locked] Infinite Tech Preview – Xbox Specific Input

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 61
Welcome to the second Halo Infinite technical preview! As you participate, we would love to get your thoughts on specific areas and have threads dedicated to each one right here on Waypoint.

This thread is focused on collecting Xbox-specific input. To provide your thoughts on other aspects of the flight, please use the dedicated threads for each key area:
For bugs or technical issues, please utilize the Halo Insider Support site’s knowledge base and submit tickets as necessary. To reiterate, if you encounter a bug, please submit a ticket via the Halo Insider Support page.

Thank you for participating in this Halo Infinite technical preview, we hope you have fun and please share your thoughts with us below!
Yes the threads are locked, no you can't post yet.

The threads will open as the areas open up for the tech preview!
Is anyone else not able to switch weapons? I'm reinstalling the game currently to see if that fixes it.
Okay, I'm playing on a One X. 30fps has to be a forced obsolescence so we all buy Series S or X because even if you have to run it at potato resolution, the framerate completely ruins the experience. I'm not one to normally complain, but you do really need to bump down the resolution/settings so we can get 60fps for multiplayer at least. It's really painful and I can't imagine this is what the staff, the people who are crunching on this game right now, want this to be the swansong of the last gen.

Please for the love of god, change the suits minds about 30fps on at least the One x if need be. It's really killer.
Can't change weapons. I have to hit left or right on the dpad to switch, and then my current weapon drops. Y does not do it.
20 Years Halo - Halo set up the bar for first person shooter controls on controllers. 20 years later - the controls are really bad. Not enough auto aim, still strange feeling acceleration settings (for each scope!!!! Wtf???) and after various attempts, it still feels not like a fun game. Went back to any other halo and boom: there it is, halo with great controls, not always the best game mechanics, but controls were on point.the weapons are made for pc players who can score with mouse precision.after 20 years of fun with halo, the game itself finished the fight for me.p.s.: everybody who considers we are bad because we are old: -Yoink!-. You can be „old“ abbd still rock the BR, snipe whatever in previous halos.this game is the result of fortnite kiddies playing fortnite with mouse keyboard control mechanics on Controllers! And they dont care because they just play because everybody plays it. Hop on the island, get shot, back to the lobby, back onto the island… and skins, thats what they love!
SnackStab wrote:
Is anyone else not able to switch weapons? I'm reinstalling the game currently to see if that fixes it.
Happened with me when I first booted the flight up today. Go in controls and put the button layout to default. Not sure why but mine was on custom and it made the Y button useless lol
Can't change weapons. I have to hit left or right on the dpad to switch, and then my current weapon drops. Y does not do it.
Go to settings and change the button layout to default mate. Seems a lot of people have had this issue, it’s set to custom for some reason
Noticed when flicking through the menus or even pressing pause results in some green flickering lines for a second (series X)
The aim assist is too weak on controller. It makes the game stressful to play because you have to concentrate so much to aim. It makes matches feel really sweaty even though I'm trying my best to just relax and have fun.
I wrote it in another thread as well, but since this is the "main" thread for Xbox issues - here we go.

Fix the aim - please.

I can't understand how it is possible to have two completely different experiences when it comes to aiming (which is quite franky THE single most Importamt thing in a shooter) comparing MCC to H5 or now - Halo Infinite.
There is only ONE weapon that feels like it should, aims like it should and feels like it should - the BR. This one feels like H2 Anniversary, precise and on point. The Rest? A mess. I've spent hours today trying to get a proper controller setup (even using the Elite 2 Controller) but it just doesn't add up to an overall satisfying experience. Get rid of H5 style of aiming and do a proper Controller support. Unless you are aiming at people to change to Mouse/Keyboard...
Can’t switch weapons on Xbox.
Mee que mi cuenta no esta autorizada, que hago?
How do you use keyboard and mouse on controller? When I plug the keyboard and mouse and the keyboard works fine but for some reason I can barely move the mouse. Its like the game is limiting where I can aim in a tiny invisible box in the middle of my screen.
The game keeps on saying that my account isn't authorized to play Halo infinite even though I know it is and I've tried everything that I learned from last time to fix the issue but it doesn't work, please help
Sorry to get on my soapbox, but splitscreen really needs to be in the game at launch. It’s what makes halo halo
Thank you all again for allowing us to play the game early. This is my second time flighting and it's great to see improvements. Here's my Xbox Series X specific feedback. I'm playing on an LG CX OLED at 120ftps:

Improved:
- UI is much cleaner and easier to see.
- Noticeable stability improvements (less crashing / bugs).
- Skewer and Sniper feel easier to use.
- Love the Needler combine.
- Repulse equipment is awesome.
- Mind the gap is hilarious.
- Dynamo grenades are a fun addition.
- Overall, still enjoying the gameplay.

Needs Improving:
- Would still like to see blood decals, at least on power weapons for both tactical and aesthetic reasons.
- Aim assist seems really lacking on some weapons. It's much harder to use the Sidekick this time around.
- Radar needs much improvement, either in range or how/when enemies appear.
- We need skill-based matchmaking. I've had matches that are all over the place, strictly in terms of skill.
- Not a fan of challenge based progression. I'd like to gain XP from matches.
- Some dropped frames when scoping in. I'm seeing this most noticeably in weapon drills.
- Would like to see who is talking in-game chat on the Spartan HUD.
- Some screen flashes and choppy audio before entering a game.
- Not a fan of how the scoreboard reads. Would prefer 'assists' to be after 'kills' and before 'deaths'.
- More Jeff Steitzer. If people don't want to hear him, it would be nice to have a 'Frequent', 'Infrequent', 'Often' and 'Off' option for announcements. I personally love hearing him, and miss 'From the Grave' 'Reversal' 'Cluster Luck' etc. I think an announcement for a "long stick" made with a plasma grenade at a distance would be awesome as well...

Overall still enjoying it, and looking forward to continuing the flight.
Can't switch weapons either
Anyone feel like the MA40 Assault Rifle is a little too versatile? I’m outgunning battle rifles at good ranges. Maybe tweak the bullet spread to where it’ll send the bullets wider in the spread. That or slow down how fast the reticle returns to the resting state.( idk what it’s called, but it’s when you stop firing and your reticle goes to the center). It also feels like you should be able to take a few rounds before having to un-scope from the BR? It seems that the BR is relatively weak in this iteration of the flight. Maybe decrease time between bursts.
v2 Oasis x wrote:
SnackStab wrote:
Happened with me when I first booted the flight up today. Go in controls and put the button layout to default. Not sure why but mine was on custom and it made the Y button useless lol
Thanks man, that fixed it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 61