2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 61
I had my Capstone and weekly challenge progress completely reset from yesterday for no reason.
Yesterday it was Hexen Slate and I had 11/15 matches for the capstone challenge (all weeklys completed) when the time to play ran out, plenty of time left to get it and today my Capstone is for Stone Green, which I got last beta and I have to do all the weeklys again.
Battlepass rewards cant be equip must restart
the game.
I had my Capstone and weekly challenge progress completely reset from yesterday for no reason.
Yesterday it was Hexen Slate and I had 11/15 matches for the capstone challenge (all weeklys completed) when the time to play ran out, plenty of time left to get it and today my Capstone is for Stone Green, which I got last beta and I have to do all the weeklys again.
Because the time ran out, reset time for weeklies was the same time the game became playable today.
I wanna hear the announcer say “FROM THE GRAVE”
It definitely doesn’t feel as satisfying when I don’t hear the announcer. Also, I’d like to have an indicator knowing when my active camo is about to run out
Connecting to server timed out problem with deticated server Sunday feq HIGH
Think it's Time to Deploy the Hamsers Deticated server wigging
I posted earlier about issues I was having with aiming, and my dissatisfaction with, specifically, the Xbox One version of the preview.

Sad to say, I may have jumped the gun by opting out of the Xbox Version in the hopes that the next flight will let me play the PC version. However, I think these two flights are linked, and now I can't play the Xbox version. It's now telling me that my account isn't authorized to play the beta, despite still being listed as "Active" on Halo Insider.

All things considered, I suppose this is fine. As much as I enjoyed my time in it, I can't help but feel like I was playing the most lack-luster version of the game available. I was very nearly beginning to feel like I shouldn't play it altogether, since I was getting more and more frustrated, and it wouldn't be reflective of the actual experience I'm going to have playing it on my computer come December.

To make my complaints at least somewhat constructive, I'll add:
  • Warming up with the bots is a very satisfying experience. The improvements to the AI behavior are evident. There were plenty of times I've been solidly out-played by the Spartan Level bots using techniques like hiding around corners and using equipment and power weapons in ways I hadn't even considered.
  • My biggest point of contention is that aiming with a controller feels really clunky and slippery. The BR is the only weapon that seems to have any amount of effective aim assist, which baffles me altogether since very few other precision weapons feel like that.
  • Loading into and out of a match seemed generally buggy. Matches would sometimes start before I even saw my Spartan, and very rarely would I actually see the match intros.
  • Multiple items from the battle pass didn't unlock properly, despite having achieved their associated rank. Others have brought up this problem.
Anyways, that's about all from me. I'll be seeing you all in December, on a much more comfortable platform.
The game keeps on saying that my account isn't authorized to play Halo infinite even though I know it is and I've tried everything that I learned from last time to fix the issue but it doesn't work, please help
I am having the same issue. I was able to play yesterday but not today.
I think we need more aim assist on controller
The game keeps on saying that my account isn't authorized to play Halo infinite even though I know it is and I've tried everything that I learned from last time to fix the issue but it doesn't work, please help
I am having the same issue. I was able to play yesterday but not today.
Wait, so this is a common problem?
Hmmm, it might be happening to me too.

Insider still says my flight is active, but the game won't let me play.
I went to the insider app and unenrolled and then did it again and it solved my problem
Keyboard and mouse does not work on Xbox series x as the mouse won’t let you fully turn around making it unplayable
Playing on the quality setting on the Xbox One X is awful (I am assume this is only 30fps). It also is not a constant 30fps it feels like the game dips hard depending on the map and how much is going on.

Luckily the performance mode solves all those issues however the setting does not stay on performance mode even though it is list as so in the settings menu. Each match I have to change it from performance to quality and then back to performance to have smooth gameplay.
Loving the game so far. Other than flickering in the menus and latency on the servers the only thing I’ve noticed that is Bugging me is the aiming. Controller could use a smidge more aim assist on the pistol. BR and AR are fine. The S7 sniper as a whole is atrocious though. Clunky, shot pacing is entirely too slow, the aiming feels way off and idk if it’s just me but feels as if it scopes in too far on initial zoom? more of a hindrance than a power weapon.

i’m really hoping we get skill based matchmaking on release as getting matched with people that don’t understand teamwork and have no idea how to rotate is the bane of my existence with the most recent few halos. (Including infinite) give me people comparable in skill!

will add more in a bit but these are my initial thoughts after the first weekend.
Criticisms so far:

- I dislike that when you respawn you can't immediately change your weapon if the scoreboard is up.
- medals are too small to read
- aiming feels really hard with pistol, I'll use all of my bullets and hit my enemy with all of them and I still need to reload, at least I think I'm hitting them.
I'm on an Xbox One X.

Lag:

I'm rubberbanding everywhere most of my games, which may be just the servers stress-testing like they wanted. Ping never breaks 90ms, and my internet has been maintaining consistent 10mbps down which plays everything else great, but I've found myself bouncing around large distances throughout my games, and in my last match of the morning test today my rockets I fired disappeared midflight.

It seems as though I'm dying behind cover to bullet magnetism a lot, or everything I see is delayed. In almost all games I've played I would go behind walls and still die to the final shots from the enemy. One game where I very clearly was out of sight from the sniper, he got a headshot on me. It's not always against me either; there were shots that I should have never gotten that resulted in a kill.

Aiming:

I apparently don't understand how hits work in this game. I've sprayed a shieldless enemy with an AR from close range and failed to kill him. The sidekick feels extremely difficult to use, like I need a mouse and keyboard to even be able to put shots on target. I know this isn't Halo 5, and I know Halo 5 was kind of heavy on aim assist and bullet magnetism, but I could maintain over 50% accuracy in that game while in Infinite I'm down near 30. It feels incredibly difficult to control my reticule. The problem remains the same for all the other weapons, but they don't feel as egregious about it.

I am happy for some increase in difficulty, so I'm not asking to return to the Halo 5 kind of aiming. But some player assistance is needed to compete with MKB players.

Scope glint:

I don't see why everyone who is using their zoom needs to have a scope glint. The Sniper is understandable, but the rest of the weapons don't need it.

Player Collision:

I feel as though all Spartans should be able to collide with all other Spartans, regardless of team or arena playlist. There could be a lot of team jumps to help with movement if this was brought back into the game.

Main Menu:

We need a way to hide the News tab. If your lobby is going to be visible in the main menu, don't hide them behind a message square that you can't dismiss or remove. That doesn't make much sense to me. Making the news tab is a sliding bar on the side of the screen would solve this quickly.

Music and Sound:

I love it.

Gameplay:

The BXB melee combo is beyond frustrating, and it's produced a lot of salt. It's like going into a CoD game with rocket launchers.

Personally, I think the sandbox works pretty well, but I almost think the time-to-kill is just a little bit too fast.

Grappling an enemy vehicle is easily one of the most fun things I've done in a Halo game.

Movement:

Camo should not be on radar unless they are sprinting. At normal speed they should not appear as a red blip. And the same goes for crouching: you should be able to move at any speed while crouching and not appear on radar.
My only feedback right now is for controller input. I use an elite controller and swapped around a few things on the D-pad. I have d-up set to ping, d-left set to drop weapon, d-right set to switch grenades, and d-down set to use equipment (this is so I can use it on one of my paddles).
I don't know if this will already be addressed in the final release, but in the tech preview, you can only hold 2 types of grenades at once. So I would like my switch grenades button to actually switch grenades without needing to then press a second d-pad button to choose what grenade type. It just feels pointless when the decision is binary.

I can understand if we would eventually get modes where we can hold all 4-grenade types at once and it flows like it does now where the switch button then asks for the 4 d-pad directions for which grenade type you want to switch to, but in modes where we can only hold two, the switch grenade button should perform it's action with just one press. With the way it is right now, I'm consistently getting tripped up where I press my grenade switch button then when I realize it's asking me to choose a d-pad direction for my grenade selection, I'll press another button too late and either ping, drop my weapon or waste a charge of equipment.

Good job on everything else so far. :)
My feedback regarding playing on Xbox Series X:

PC Catering vs Controller Players:
As of now, it feels that the gameplay/aiming is strongly catered to PC players over console players. The lack of aim assist, strongly favors PC players over controller players. I'm not saying to completely jack up bullet magnetism and aim assist, but gap seems too large to not do anything about. As Halo has always been a console first franchise, so far, it seems like you're alienating the core franchise fanbase.

Strafing Acceleration: I'd love to see this turned down a bit. While strafing is great to increase the skill gap, I believe the rate of acceleration again will cater too heavily in the favor of PC players. While I've been playing Halo nonstop for years, I think the casuals that play will get frustrated by PC players being able to consistently land shots (hand/arm more accurate than thumbs/joy sticks) while accelerated strafing. With a slightly lower strafe speed, it should close the gap between PC and controller...and Casuals vs. hardcore players.

Videos of Aim Assist not being visible on Console playing:
Proof #1
Proof #2
Fun demo so far but there's a few issues i've noticed while playing, a main one being controller input on the original xbox one (Not series S, or X)
The aiming feels off, every other halo game feels solid and smooth but even with tweaking the settings it just feels off, especially the aiming during frantic firefights. There's also the lack of player collision and grenade/explosion physics not working as in other games.
Vehicles also feel like paper when driving with no weight behind them and are way too fast. The warthog gunner is a chore to shoot.

Other improvements could be the needler explosions, there's no pink mist like before. No jetpack either, it was fun in Halo 4 and Reach and 5 skipped it but it had the booster strafes to make up for it. Here it's missing completely (??)

Most ADS/zoom feature the same blue holographic display instead of unique ones, especially for covenant weapons. Before in Halo 5 and reach and such they all had their unique ADS, for example the needler had a pink HUD and the Carbine had its own zoom display and so on.

Where are the weapons?! Please don't make this a super serious competitive game. Halo has always had tons of weapons to goof around with between all the different factions. I wanna see every gun from the brutes, humans, covenant, sentinels etc. Where's the carbine and plasma rifle at? And the promethean weapons????

The sidearm pistol sucks now. I remember it being alittle better last flight. There's got to be a balance you can find between halo 1 and halo 5's pistol dominance, to this... I get you don't want every player using pistols, but maybe a tiny buff would be welcome.

The Stronghold sound effect reminds me of a windows error pop up whenever you gain a stronghold too. Not fun.

Fun flight so far but I really hope these get noticed and rectified someday. Thanks for the invite.

Edit: I forgot about the 18m radar too. Please change it back to 25m! Halo 5s radar was bad.

And please allow us to earn XP through every game played like in mcc or reach. Challenges just focus you into doing one specific thing when you just want to play and earn... For example if there's ever a challenge for 5 plasma pistol kills it might make a player always run for that gun when he's useless at that weapon, when he could be better served to win the game just playing normally.
HeaIey wrote:
My feedback regarding playing on Xbox Series X:

PC Catering vs Controller Players:
As of now, it feels that the gameplay/aiming is strongly catered to PC players over console players. The lack of aim assist, strongly favors PC players over controller players. I'm not saying to completely jack up bullet magnetism and aim assist, but gap seems too large to not do anything about. As Halo has always been a console first franchise, so far, it seems like you're alienating the core franchise fanbase.

Strafing Acceleration: I'd love to see this turned down a bit. While strafing is great to increase the skill gap, I believe the rate of acceleration again will cater too heavily in the favor of PC players. While I've been playing Halo nonstop for years, I think the casuals that play will get frustrated by PC players being able to consistently land shots (hand/arm more accurate than thumbs/joy sticks) while accelerated strafing. With a slightly lower strafe speed, it should close the gap between PC and controller...and Casuals vs. hardcore players.

Videos of Aim Assist not being visible on Console playing:
Proof #1
Proof #2
Yep, I'm on console and I have absolutely no aim assist functionality at all. Makes it impossible to track and land shots on enemies.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 61