OP ADROPACRICH2

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
at this point who among us are confident of an offline campaign mode

It looks like the scope of Infinite is more of a broad one and shall align with other open style games that do feature entirely offline play like Far Cry or perhaps they wont and go the Destiny and Anthem route in terms of their mandatory always online aspect requirement. Being that some of the modes normally expected to be offline as well like Forge for example are being locked behind this requirement, is it also likely campaign will do. I mean sure they give into split screen demands or in fact any other but they sure like to push it seeing how much they can get away with. We know MS on the basis of how much potential money could be had from more gold members would like to go this route if they could so does that mean they will here

On the grounds that a game requiring authentication this way is unfortunately never a guarantee it will always be there, an online only experience is not something I could personally invest any time into. It's fair enough if people don't mind this potential scenario of course and online multiplayer is just that but I like to play these great games much further down the line and while I'll likely still be able to, that's actually not guaranteed

I personally don't think MS will go the route and take a Halo Infinite campaign playable only by being online but I also know they're likely very much itching to incorporate this at some point

What do people think on this?
I'd say about 85% of the Halo fans are confident..
I will be absolutely furious if it is an online only campaign. That is one of the main things that ruined destiny for me, specifically needing people to complete certain missions.
I don't see them making a Destiny/Anthem style campaign so for that aspect of needing always online I'm sure they won't. However maybe they want to do ridiculous things in this game that the XB1 simply can't handle on it's own so they could introduce cloud computing. Microsoft wanted to do this kind of thing right out the gate but fans went berserk and they decided to can it. Maybe they'll try reintroducing it and show off what they can do. Very doubtful though, I really don't think they'd do that but since we're speculating I figured I'd throw it out there.
Count me very unhappy if I can't play the campaign offline. I don't think this would go down well with fans at all
thanks for the responses. Yes it would seem a move that wouldn't be well received generally so that's encouraging

Yes the cloud thing is something they could approach by way of showing how it could benefit certain modes perhaps. For now I'm just glad that Infinity looks like it wont be going the online route as far people's expectations of what a Halo campaign should be. And if it does then that would I'm sure generate large amounts of backlash
thanks for the responses. Yes it would seem a move that wouldn't be well received generally so that's encouraging

Yes the cloud thing is something they could approach by way of showing how it could benefit certain modes perhaps. For now I'm just glad that Infinity looks like it wont be going the online route as far people's expectations of what a Halo campaign should be. And if it does then that would I'm sure generate large amounts of backlash
I really hope its just a normal campaign, one of the reasons i enjoy them is because i can just hop into a solo campaign mission and enjoy it. No internet required.
Im sure it will be offline. Probably in their best interest.
It better be offline.
This's supposed to be their "we learned our lesson game;" I don't foresee them screwing around with DRM when it comes to something explicitly local, especially not when bigger and better developers have begun taking stances against it. Let's also not forget all of those videos on YouTube which show that Forge can still operate locally, effectively proving that the dedicated server excuse was total BS.
I still think it is foolish judging the game on any level based on just the name. I am confident there will be an offline campaign because every game has had one including the newer ones and the backlash would be gargantuan otherwise.

If, in some alternate universe, this does happen, I will definitely not be buying Infinite. My favorite part of every Halo game is the campaign and that has to be playable offline (not sorry!).
How would an online campaign even work? If the game is supposed to focus more on the Master Chief, who would the other players on the map be? It would be pretty immersion-shattering to see a trillion other Master Chiefs running around. Plus I'm pretty sure they learned their lesson from Halo 5. There will be offline support, guaranteed, just look at what they're doing for the MCC!
This's supposed to be their "we learned our lesson game;" I don't foresee them screwing around with DRM when it comes to something explicitly local, especially not when bigger and better developers have begun taking stances against it. Let's also not forget all of those videos on YouTube which show that Forge can still operate locally, effectively proving that the dedicated server excuse was total BS.
That's certainly true. I guess that's the thing though with knowing already the things told weren't correct and so you wonder If they'll try it again. As you say I don't think they'd like to risk this situation once again
It looks like the scope of Infinite is more of a broad one and shall align with other open style games
Right off the bat, you're kinda getting ahead of yourself. There's almost no reason to assume Infinite will be going "open-world," it's pure speculation. Nothing 343 has said even remotely points towards that being the case. We've seen a SINGLE reveal piece for the game, and it wasn't even a trailer, technically speaking; it was an engine showcase. Yes, there were some pretty open-looking vistas in it, but it was also an engine test, not a traditional trailer. Take everything with a huge grain of salt.Too many people are taking these completely speculative notions as fact, and I think we need to cool it with all these assumptions; positive or negative. At this point, we seriously don't know anything about the game to even begin to come to a real conclusion.

I understand that there were "rumors" of open-world influences during E3, but those are still just rumors, from who-knows-where. Even Reach was rumored to have "open-world" aspects during development (if anyone else remembers that far back, idk), but that ended up just being a slightly non-linear first mission, so let's keep expectations tempered, for now.

Also, everything else 343 has said publicly in addition to the trailer has leaned pretty heavily on the "classic Halo" approach; art style, gameplay, chief-focused narrative, SPLIT-SCREEN, etc.. I can't see that gelling with an "open-world" campaign, let alone an online-only campaign.
Canine252 wrote:
I'd say about 85% of the Halo fans are confident..
Can agree with this lol
I really hope its not an online only campaign. Thats not halo to me. Levels, not open world. Coop, not JIP.
I hope it will not be online only Campaign because i will not buy it then.From my huge games collection over the years i did not buy a single online only game.
If anything other than Warzone is online-only in Halo: Infinite I'll be damn furious. Even having Warzone not available offline in some form frustrates me. I understand the limitations, but this is a Halo game, not some damned MMO.
I don't think it will be online only, and I hope it's playable offline for those who want it. There are times when the internet goes down, but I cannot remember the last time I played a game when I was not connected to Xbox Live or PSN.
I will be absolutely furious if it is an online only campaign. That is one of the main things that ruined destiny for me, specifically needing people to complete certain missions.
Same, I was furious when I found out Halo 5 pulled this stunt with 3/4 of the game so Infinite should make all modes playable offline.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4