1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Canine252 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
An online-only campaign would be an absolute disaster, not just to us fans, but for everyone involved. Microsoft and 343 Industries would lose all trust from the fans, and Halo as a franchise will be dead.
A tad extreme there my friend, I do not know one Halo player that has not bought Halo for it's campaign and multiplayer, both are infinitely more fun with Xbox Live imo.
I could not agree less / disagree more. Halo is, and has always been, far more fun when played locally with friends or family.
You're both wrong. They are both equally fun, which you prefer is subjective.
Nah. Sorry. The online experience doesn't even come close to the real thing.
Canine252 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
An online-only campaign would be an absolute disaster, not just to us fans, but for everyone involved. Microsoft and 343 Industries would lose all trust from the fans, and Halo as a franchise will be dead.
A tad extreme there my friend, I do not know one Halo player that has not bought Halo for it's campaign and multiplayer, both are infinitely more fun with Xbox Live imo.
I could not agree less / disagree more. Halo is, and has always been, far more fun when played locally with friends or family.
I hope you are joking, people have different tastes. For example, i dislike split-screen cause i prefer to have my own screen, also split screen gives me a headache (i might make an acception if its vertical screen though.). LAN takes too much work to set up. They are all good, it just depends on what you prefer, dude.
eviltedi wrote:
Not for me, it's a preference, like you have a preference, you find it more fun locally, that's great, I prefer being connected to Xbl or PSN. I don't think 343i will force online for campaign, but it would not bother me if they did, I'm always connected, I prefer that to offline play.
Canine252 wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
I hope you are joking, people have different tastes. For example, i dislike split-screen cause i prefer to have my own screen, also split screen gives me a headache (i might make an acception if its vertical screen though.). LAN takes too much work to set up. They are all good, it just depends on what you prefer, dude.
Bold - if LAN is anything like how it used to be in past Halo games like Halo 2/3 then it's not hard or take long at all. You can literally just run a cable to your router (or wirelessly) which I'm sure you already have done if your connected to live, then do the same with your friends Xbox. Change a setting from live to LAN in the game and boom, your done. It honestly couldn't be easier man lol My friends and I literally knew nothing about this stuff back in the day and we did it. If we can do it, then anyone can, trust me lol LAN is amazing and is by far the best way to play games. Some of the best times in my gaming life have been LAN get togethers and such.

@ OP I don't want the game to be online only. There isn't any reason why game modes like custom games, forge, campaign etc shouldn't be available offline like they used to be. I know some people that stay clear from online only games and I honestly don't blame them as once those game servers go offline the game is completely dead and useless.
Canine252 wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Bold - if LAN is anything like how it used to be in past Halo games like Halo 2/3 then it's not hard or take long at all. You can literally just run a cable to your router (or wirelessly) which I'm sure you already have done if your connected to live, then do the same with your friends Xbox. Change a setting from live to LAN in the game and boom, your done. It honestly couldn't be easier man lol My friends and I literally knew nothing about this stuff back in the day and we did it. If we can do it, then anyone can, trust me lol LAN is amazing and is by far the best way to play games. Some of the best times in my gaming life have been LAN get togethers and such.

@ OP I don't want the game to be online only. There isn't any reason why game modes like custom games, forge, campaign etc shouldn't be available offline like they used to be. I know some people that stay clear from online only games and I honestly don't blame them as once those game servers go offline the game is completely dead and useless.
Yeah I think a lot of people are of the here and now so content that might not be there one day isn't a consideration. It's fine of course if folk don't care to play their content down the line but many that do now wont have even thought of the potential issue. I recently outlined this to a friend that hadn't figured this potential scenario and it got him thinking as well
I still think it is foolish judging the game on any level based on just the name. I am confident there will be an offline campaign because every game has had one including the newer ones and the backlash would be gargantuan otherwise.

If, in some alternate universe, this does happen, I will definitely not be buying Infinite. My favorite part of every Halo game is the campaign and that has to be playable offline (not sorry!).
COD BLOPS4 disagrees, most shooters these days are online only.
they don’t even have a campaign, and I don’t expect Infinite to be any different.

I don’t think it’s a good idea, but that’s the way the winds blowing, it seems.
Hope I’m wrong though!
Halo 5 had an offline Campaign, so I think Halo Infinite will have it too.
at this point who among us are confident of an offline campaign mode

It looks like the scope of Infinite is more of a broad one and shall align with other open style games that do feature entirely offline play like Far Cry or perhaps they wont and go the Destiny and Anthem route in terms of their mandatory always online aspect requirement. Being that some of the modes normally expected to be offline as well like Forge for example are being locked behind this requirement, is it also likely campaign will do. I mean sure they give into split screen demands or in fact any other but they sure like to push it seeing how much they can get away with. We know MS on the basis of how much potential money could be had from more gold members would like to go this route if they could so does that mean they will here

On the grounds that a game requiring authentication this way is unfortunately never a guarantee it will always be there, an online only experience is not something I could personally invest any time into. It's fair enough if people don't mind this potential scenario of course and online multiplayer is just that but I like to play these great games much further down the line and while I'll likely still be able to, that's actually not guaranteed

I personally don't think MS will go the route and take a Halo Infinite campaign playable only by being online but I also know they're likely very much itching to incorporate this at some point

What do people think on this?
Im afraid Halo Infinite is just going to be a much worst Severe Downgrade than Halo 5 Gaurdians.
Canine252 wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

I though it was more complex then that, but i still prefer Online.
It wouldn't really matter to me, but if a traditional offline campaign is used i'm sure it would be a better alternative than an online when taking sales into account. It wouldn't be a huge difference, but still.
Canine252 wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

Have you ever done LAN before? If not, I suggest you try it sometime with a few friends. It's pretty fun. I love online too, but honestly, nothing beats having a bunch of friends over and doing some LAN :)
I still think it is foolish judging the game on any level based on just the name. I am confident there will be an offline campaign because every game has had one including the newer ones and the backlash would be gargantuan otherwise.

If, in some alternate universe, this does happen, I will definitely not be buying Infinite. My favorite part of every Halo game is the campaign and that has to be playable offline (not sorry!).
they don’t even have a campaign, and I don’t expect Infinite to be any different.

Hope I’m wrong though!
Just because most shooters are doesn't mean all shooters will be. Halo 5 came out at a time when this was still a trend. I hope you're wrong too!
Canine252 wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

Have you ever done LAN before? If not, I suggest you try it sometime with a few friends. It's pretty fun. I love online too, but honestly, nothing beats having a bunch of friends over and doing some LAN :)
What if i don't have any friends???
eviltedi wrote:
Always online is the future.
The funny thing is, I kinda agree. Inter-connectivity is getting more and more important e internet population is growing, fast! Technology has a hard time keeping up in fact, specially when it comes to wi-fi connectivity in urban areas. At this pace 5G can't come soon enough frankly.

That said, it's still too soon for always online. Tech-development and interest are increasing, yeah, that's undeniable! But politics are lacking behind, infrastructure isn't there yet, many countries are not putting money and efforts into such projects and technical issues are not really a rarity. How often did your internet connection drop for instance? Also what would this mean for single player titles, mods and titles which servers that are out of service? Piracy? You know how often people pirated software and games that they owned because the online DRM yoinked with them? It's not just gaming, Adobe could write a book about that back when CC was new.

I truly doubt the next gen will be always online quite yet. Games as services will become more common for sure and streaming games will be more reliable than ever. I can even see a cheaper version of Xbox and PS focused solely on streaming games, but imho it's still going to be a choice and not the established status quo.
Yeah. Phil Spencer said there will be straight ahead a "line-up of consoles". Will be probably like every gen a FAT, a slim and a premium. Or they will add this cloud service.
In according of my knowledge, rumours and understandment, Mike Ybarra, Vice-president of Xbox, he said it's was very gratefully they had invested early on development and technology on their cloud, Azure.
If I understood well, cloud computing can divide process between console. There some variables and constants on the game. Constants like maps, climatic change (snow, rain, cloud movements, etc.), objects, itens, etc; can proccess on the cloud and send to console to help on calculations. Variables like character skin, body modification, weapon skins; everything can't get a pattern, will be processed locally and physically on console. The only problem is the latency they can't beat.
The advancement of technology of streamming today only permmit games focused on Single Player. The latency, still a barrier. And there some locations where internet can't reach well. If they want to be an success, this console needs to sell and reach to everyone.
Canine252 wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
I prefer people. The only way I can imagine online being better is if your friends and family aren't fun people.
Canine252 wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
I prefer people. The only way I can imagine online being better is if your friends and family aren't fun people.
I prefer people too, who do you think I'm playing with online ? I have family in South Africa, USA and Canada, and I've made friends all over the world on XBL and PSN, they are people too. I appreciate you find lan better, but not everyone does. Again, I don't think a forced online campaign will happen, but it will not matter to me, I'll be connected anyway.
Canine252 wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
Canine252 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

What if i don't have any friends???
Then I feel bad for you and I hope that changes at some point in your life.

LAN is a great feature and absolutely needs to be in for many reasons.

Hope I’m wrong though!
You are wrong. Halo is not Call of Duty, the campaign here actually matters and still is a major selling point.

The only thing that could happen imho is the division of single and multiplayer, meaning they become own separate versions. It would however hurt them in the long run if not made properly. Especially the SP Halo would need a lot of extra modes, a longer story, better AI than ever, plenty of coop modes, maybe a shared Firefight and so on. In any case they would need a lot more resources to make both projects properly.
I'm okay with it as long as campaign and custom games has a section for offline mode.

Hope I’m wrong though!
You are wrong. Halo is not Call of Duty, the campaign here actually matters and still is a major selling point.

The only thing that could happen imho is the division of single and multiplayer, meaning they become own separate versions. It would however hurt them in the long run if not made properly. Especially the SP Halo would need a lot of extra modes, a longer story, better AI than ever, plenty of coop modes, maybe a shared Firefight and so on. In any case they would need a lot more resources to make both projects properly.
Halo definitely needs a good story. For me, the campaign is THE selling point when it comes to Halo, it's what got me hooked on the series. I'm still not convinced we won't see a separate campaign and multiplayer, Red Dead 2 are doing it, from what I've read Cyberpunk is doing it, I personally would not be bothered if Halo Infinite does it. I think there are benefits to it, I sometimes rush campaigns so I'm not too far behind in multiplayer. We need more facts from 343i, too many rumours around.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4