Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Infinity Possibly Gone

OP MEDICVS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I realize that we barely have any info thus far concerning the story. But 343i have said this will be a good place for new players to start and not feel lost. Seems to me trying catch them up on the events of 4 and 5 would take a lot to do in an opening cinematic. Possibly the Infinity all the characters associated with it may be absent in the game with no explanation. Hoping I’m wrong, but if their goal is to tell simpler stories then I don’t see how you can fit the Infinity or even the Spirit of Fire into Infinite’s story.
A brief opening cutscene -- rather than a disjointed Halsey one -- explaining the events of the two previous games could fill the players in enough to understand what's happening.
tL Armada wrote:
A brief opening cutscene -- rather than a disjointed Halsey one -- explaining the events of the two previous games could fill the players in enough to understand what's happening.
I get that and yes it would suffice for new players. But it’d feel cheep, I think, to those who’ve been here since the beginning. An easy way out. However, if they go this route, that leaves an opportunity to fill the gap with real detail with a novel, or even a game. In favor of a game of course, it’d be good to play a darker themed game knowing you’re fighting a losing battle, like Reach. Just my opinions, but I do hope they give us some kind of info concerning this subject before next year’s E3.
I don't mean that they should get rid of the previous characters, etc. I'm saying in regards to the 'easily understood by newcomers' comment could be accomplished by a cutscene while keeping things like the Infinity around. A cutscene that briefly goes over Halo 4 and Halo 5's plot could be done, and would be better suited than a seemingly random Halsey cutscene.
I think an opening cut scene could accomplish this. Halo 2 had a great opening cut scene that was actually quite long, but it helped explain the events of CE very concisely and set up the universe going forward. Infinite might benefit from a first level that is just one giant cut scene that serves to catch the player up on the state of the universe. TV shows do this all the time and it doesn't seem to cause any issues.
I think an opening cut scene could accomplish this. Halo 2 had a great opening cut scene that was actually quite long, but it helped explain the events of CE very concisely and set up the universe going forward. Infinite might benefit from a first level that is just one giant cut scene that serves to catch the player up on the state of the universe. TV shows do this all the time and it doesn't seem to cause any issues.
I agree with this. I didn't get an Xbox until 2004 and the first game I ever got, Halo 2. I hadn't played Halo CE but when I opened Halo 2 and played it, I knew the story and didn't feel lost. Also, H2 made me want to pick up Halo CE and play it. Any sequel worth it's weight should inspire players who may not have a complete understanding of the original to get it and play it. I really love the H2 openeing scene and would love Infinite to do something similar.
I have no problem if Infinity returns, just not a lot of the characters. I like Lasky and Rolland, but Palmer, and Osiris (minus Buck) can be removed and I wouldn't care.
From the latest trailer, the way the hologram showed an initial break in the ring before it fell apart, looked like a precise impact. Quite possibly the Infinity ramming the inner surface of the ring before it fired at maximum power, hence Brohammer saying "We've lost everything." The Infinity will be lost, the most powerful ship in the UNSC possibly with most of her crew, just to shove a wrench into Cortana's plan and saving the galaxy for the time being.

If any of the main characters die, I'll be sad. Just not as sad with Johnson's death in Halo 3, that'll never be topped.
If any of the main characters die, I'll be sad. Just not as sad with Johnson's death in Halo 3, that'll never be topped.
I was actually mad he died. Cortana's death in Halo 4 was actually sad for me
From the latest trailer, the way the hologram showed an initial break in the ring before it fell apart, looked like a precise impact. Quite possibly the Infinity ramming the inner surface of the ring before it fired at maximum power, hence Brohammer saying "We've lost everything." The Infinity will be lost, the most powerful ship in the UNSC possibly with most of her crew, just to shove a wrench into Cortana's plan and saving the galaxy for the time being.

I dunno, man. If they kill off Arby or Buck...

I’d cry for weeks...

I’d cry for weeks...
I think most of us would.

I’d cry for weeks...
Buck can die and I wouldn't be too sad about that.

If Arby dies, I'll cry for weeks. If the entire Infinity crew blew up in a blaze of glory by taking down a ring, I wouldn't be too broken up about it. Espeically if we get the traditional announcer back for all Halo MP instead of Commander Palmer.
I think its going to be like Transporter refueled.
All the elements that make Halo Halo will be there but it will be a completely brand new story.
At least that's what I'm hoping for, The story for Halo 4 and 5 was bonkers and I don't want a dead Cortona.

I’d cry for weeks...

If Arby dies, I'll cry for weeks. If the entire Infinity crew blew up in a blaze of glory by taking down a ring, I wouldn't be too broken up about it. Espeically if we get the traditional announcer back for all Halo MP instead of Commander Palmer.
If Buck or the Arbiter die, people will probably riot. Those are the bros.
When the Master Chief was found floating in space from what we saw at E3, my mind immediately went to Commander Sheppard. If the UNSC Infinity has gone, then I can see a cutscene very similar to what happens at the beginning of Mass Effect 2.
x N7 117 x wrote:
When the Master Chief was found floating in space from what we saw at E3, my mind immediately went to Commander Sheppard. If the UNSC Infinity has gone, then I can see a cutscene very similar to what happens at the beginning of Mass Effect 2.
I just want to know what happened to make the chief floating in space. For that matter, why was the Pelican floating in space? I mean, if the Infinity doesn't blow up, then how did all of that happen? It has some interesting theories.
x N7 117 x wrote:
I just want to know what happened to make the chief floating in space. For that matter, why was the Pelican floating in space? I mean, if the Infinity doesn't blow up, then how did all of that happen? It has some interesting theories.
I just hope we don’t have to find these answers in novels or comics. But 343i did say they’re telling simpler stories so I’m hoping for in-game explanations

I’d cry for weeks...

They had better not. Not with how little justice they did him in Halo 5: Guardians.
omarlotrc wrote:

I’d cry for weeks...

They had better not. Not with how little justice they did him in Halo 5: Guardians.
I honestly don’t expect any of Osiris or he Arbiter to be in the story. If this is a soft reboot of the franchise, I’d consider them gone until proven otherwise
MEDICVS wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:

I’d cry for weeks...

I honestly don’t expect any of Osiris or he Arbiter to be in the story. If this is a soft reboot of the franchise, I’d consider them gone until proven otherwise
That would be a mistake. We don't need another Chief-only story.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2