Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Inside Infinite 2021

OP mattmacadocious

Guys, I'm saying this now... April's Inside Infinite was so stunning, the forerunner interior, the structure and structural decay, the sentinel design... How do you guys feel about it? Does it feel right, or does it feel too busy? Do you guys like the new Sidekick design? Check the screenshot and you'll see they redesigned it to fit more... Classic Halo, than a generic gun.
I also loved it, it looks very promising and I am incredibly excited. But it is easy to get some nice-looking screenshots. I will wait until people start to play the beta.
I loved the look of the screenshots that we got. I only hope that the Series X version of the game will look close to that. I am pretty confident that it will but I would like some actual series x gameplay just to be sure. Still the art style and overall look of everything is looking great! I can’t really say whether I like the new sidekick or not yet based on just the little icon. I’ll have to see it in game to be sure but at the very least it does look better than the somewhat generic pistol in the original demo.
I'm definitely excited for what this game will bring. Everything we saw here was great and exactly what I imagined when thinking of Halo Infinite back in 2018. Plus (i know this is an unpopular opinion) I love the reach AR, it is my favorite and i'm glad to see it's return, yellow stripe and all!
No guys, I don't think this is going to cut it for me. What was shown in this last update is fine, and it's clearly better than what was shown during the gameplay reveal, but honestly, the gameplay reveal was a complete disaster, it's not hard to make something look better than that. I can still see a lot of flaws in the lighting and the postprocessing, even in the new update. Even more, there were a lot of obvious design issues in the assets during the gameplay reveal, they are still fixing those (like the sidekick, WTH were they thinking while designing it???). That's something that shouldn't have happened at all. 343i looks clueless and oblivious to me. I have the feeling Halo fans are gonna get an unpleasant surprise this fall. I expect to be disappointed. After all, it's all 343 has ever done to us: disappoint. If they manage to make a good game out of Halo Infinite, then I'll be surprised and full of joy.
I'm really excited!
I am still cautiously optimistic, I don't think the screenshots prove anything either way but they help build some hype as they look pretty nice so far. The sidekick sound fun still, I didn't spot anything major in this months update unless I missed something, still seems like a gunfighter magnum from H5 which I enjoyed so again I am optimistic. Still gonna have to wait until E3 to get actually significant updates though, and even after that I feel like we won't really know what the game will be like until it's released.
I think the forerunner interior looks fantastic. Gives me strong CE vibes, the atmosphere looks awesome. I already like the pistol more just based on that silhouette, can't wait to see what it actually looks like.
i cant wait for it. it will hopefully be really good
The Forerunner interior looks better then ever holy damn
Those screenshots got me hyped fam. The forerunner interior evokes big CE vibes. If Infinite's campaign is essentially Silent Cartographer "the game", I am totally okay with that.
Yeah the screenshots we're looking really good despite people saying it was awful while showing zoomed in screenshots of the screenshots (I don't understand how you can critize graphics with zoomed in screenshots, because then you start to see the pixels of the screenshot and that's not what you'll see in game but guess that's what they think).

Honestly, I'm really hyped and really want to see new gameplay footage in this E3 because while screenshots are good, I want to see how it looks now when you move in the game (compared to the gameplay reveal of last year).
YukiryuFR wrote:
Yeah the screenshots we're looking really good despite people saying it was awful while showing zoomed in screenshots of the screenshots (I don't understand how you can critize graphics with zoomed in screenshots, because then you start to see the pixels of the screenshot and that's not what you'll see in game but guess that's what they think).

Honestly, I'm really hyped and really want to see new gameplay footage in this E3 because while screenshots are good, I want to see how it looks now when you move in the game (compared to the gameplay reveal of last year).
Those screenshots were also in 1080p as well so with zooming in the graphics just simply aren't going to be as detailed as with the graphics dialed up on 4k.
i still cant wait tho irr7793
I guess, if pretty graphics are all you care about, then bring on this new generation of Halo. But, for me, gameplay, gunplay, the golden triangle, and the story are what make Halo great. Flashy graphics, and fancy skins do seem to be the future, but not one I look forward too.

Please look deeper into what a form of entertainment should be, and not what they can take from you.
Anyone excited for the potential beta coming in a few months?
YukiryuFR wrote:

I agree 100%. Lots of people were also criticizing zoomed in parts of the gameplay video, but like screenshots, videos never look as good when zoomed in because you aren't getting it from the game itself. I do think that the graphics did need a lot of updating and they are looking way better than before, but some things would have probably looked a lot better in gameplay than it did in the video itself.
the forerunner structure. is it the palace of pain?
I'm really hyped for this game, the graphcis of the structures, vehicles, the nature is really beautiful, but i think that the textures of npc need to be improved, for example, you can see that the face of the brutes is better, but not the body. I hope and that it is the zoom or the viewing distance.
Enrico 117 wrote:
No guys, I don't think this is going to cut it for me. What was shown in this last update is fine, and it's clearly better than what was shown during the gameplay reveal, but honestly, the gameplay reveal was a complete disaster, it's not hard to make something look better than that. I can still see a lot of flaws in the lighting and the postprocessing, even in the new update. Even more, there were a lot of obvious design issues in the assets during the gameplay reveal, they are still fixing those (like the sidekick, WTH were they thinking while designing it???). That's something that shouldn't have happened at all. 343i looks clueless and oblivious to me. I have the feeling Halo fans are gonna get an unpleasant surprise this fall. I expect to be disappointed. After all, it's all 343 has ever done to us: disappoint. If they manage to make a good game out of Halo Infinite, then I'll be surprised and full of joy.
I'd recommend to keep your hopes in moderation. I doubt the graphics will change seeing so how close we are to release and how it will be released on Series X, only thing I expect as minor differences are if the game releases on Xbox One and has to be optimized to run Series.

I wouldn't say clueless, they're trying their best to make this one of the most innovative and detailed games in Halo yet in many years since Bungie and reverse their mistakes, adding a mixture of old features returning and modernized features that both divided sections of the fanbases can adapt to... Possibly.

Honestly, 343 nor Bungie was never a disappointment to me. I always liked a section of Halo 4 and 5's games, such as 4's story and drama and 5's multiplayer advances.