Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Installation 07 Flood containment

OP Jerbok

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is expanded lore on the subject what’s the current status of Zeta Halo’s flood containment
Well, Zeta Halo does contain 10 active proto graveminds according to the lore, but that's all I know. It's highly likely we will see the flood again.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
Well, Zeta Halo does contain 10 active proto graveminds according to the lore, but that's all I know. It's highly likely we will see the flood again.
That was before the halos fired not after
buzzsaw135 wrote:
Oh, never mind then. Anything left after the firing?
buzzsaw135 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:
Oh, never mind then. Anything left after the firing?
As far as I know I'm not sure
There could be facilities containing The Flood. I'm honestly hoping that we either get to explore the Palace of Pain or find a fragment of Mendicant Bias or both. We likely won't though. Any hope of that fell down the same abyss as the Didact.
guys, if they bring the flood back, they gotta bring this music back from CE library mission, listen to it if you cant remember, i loved that music. Link below:
Flood music
There's at least a 65% chance that we will see the Flood in the campaign of Halo Infinite. So it's slightly a higher chance of seeing the Flood in Halo Infinite than not.
There's probably samples stored there. And if there isn't already, then there can be. As with Reach, the games come first, and their canon supersedes any other. So it just depends if 343 have included the Flood as part of Infinite's story or not.
There's probably samples stored there. And if there isn't already, then there can be. As with Reach, the games come first, and their canon supersedes any other. So it just depends if 343 have included the Flood as part of Infinite's story or not.
Game lore superseding extended lore is more of a Bungie thing, but it stands to reason that given 343's track record, they could take some notes from Bungie and not care so much about the extended lore. And I'm a big fan of the extended lore saying this... so perhaps there is a happy medium where 343 can stay true to the surface level lore while letting the deep lore take a back seat to the games. I'd love nothing more than for Halo games that stay true to the deep lore and really dive into the universe, but that's just not realistic if 343 wants to attract new people to this amazing franchise.

To answer OP's topic, I'd say that just about every Halo thus far has had Flood research facilities. So it would make sense that Zeta Halo also has Flood research facilities.
Game lore superseding extended lore is more of a Bungie thing, but it stands to reason that given 343's track record, they could take some notes from Bungie and not care so much about the extended lore. And I'm a big fan of the extended lore saying this... so perhaps there is a happy medium where 343 can stay true to the surface level lore while letting the deep lore take a back seat to the games. I'd love nothing more than for Halo games that stay true to the deep lore and really dive into the universe, but that's just not realistic if 343 wants to attract new people to this amazing franchise.
Yes, it was more Bungie's philosophy, but if there's lore that says there are no samples present on Zeta, there could just be a reeaally well hidden one that was a secret, so everybody just thought there were no samples. That's the type of thing I meant. Nothing on Reach's level of alterations.
Blast88 wrote:
There's at least a 65% chance that we will see the Flood in the campaign of Halo Infinite. So it's slightly a higher chance of seeing the Flood in Halo Infinite than not.
Where did you get this number from?
KayMrt wrote:
Blast88 wrote:
Where did you get this number from?
I believe he got those numbers from what we use to sit on chairs. His behind if you will.