Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Instead of battle royale, what about this?

OP AlanDjikkaity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
omarlotrc wrote:
Personally I'd like to see a return of the Firefight we played in Reach, but have the flood as an enemy wave that can take over bodies from the previous one. Or even a new game mode or version of Infection where you fight to escape an overwhelming amount of flood forms.
That would be so sick (pun not intended).
Same. Maybe Invasion but with the Flood
How would that work? I'm curious.
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
I know Halo set standards for FPS games, but I'll repeat it again. In terms of trends/fads like Battle Royale, Halo isn't known for starting any
"Halo isn't known for any trends except you know all the trends it started."

The way you define trends/fads has no meaning except to exclude Halo to better suit your position. You have no solid ground to stand on here, its flat-earth level of denying reality.
Uno reverse card
My friend, I've "been to space" in this metaphor. "no u" is not going to convince anyone to deny what they have experienced first hand. I've seen the mainstream news reports, huge crowds, and general cultural saturation to easily see how Halo had already qualified for "Fad" status. I've seen how Halo has influenced design trends among both PC and console shooters outside of just controls. I've seen the glut of sci-fi shooters trying to ape Halo's success just like any number of titles have tried to jump on the Battle Royale bandwagon.

In case it for some reason isn't clear, I do consider BR a notable trend in the industry, it just isn't a unique one. Battle Royale is just another in a long line of trends just like the Hero shooters, the Modern military shooters, the "Halo Killers," and the Doom Clones, etc, etc.
No u XD
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Personally I'd like to see a return of the Firefight we played in Reach, but have the flood as an enemy wave that can take over bodies from the previous one. Or even a new game mode or version of Infection where you fight to escape an overwhelming amount of flood forms.
Maybe the default map would be Installation 4 from H1 and as the game goes on, more flood come in, making it tougher to survive.
Great ideas. I think the battle royale concept is starting to become a bit stale and over saturated. Innovation and creativity should be encouraged,
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Maybe the default map would be Installation 4 from H1 and as the game goes on, more flood come in, making it tougher to survive.
That might work better as a Firefight mode.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Maybe. But who honestly knows at this point?
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Maybe. But who honestly knows at this point?
I just think that your idea sounds more like a Firefight mode than an Invasion mode since you emphasized survival. If there was some kind of objective involved, then I could see it being an Invasion mode.
battle royale sounds dope tbh.
This^

Seriously though, seems like you are one of few who doesn’t just blindly hate popular trends that could only save Halo
I personally would like to see a Halo Battle Royale
I know you've got good intentions with this thought, but honestly. Halo is one of the last, if not THE LAST game on this Earth in our lifetimes that needs Battle Royale. I mean let's be honest, any time a game even hits at the though of adding battle royale, the downhill slide begins. And when said Battle Royale gets announced for a game, cue the negative fan feedback. When you see 'Battle Royale' get plastered on a game, it's doomed to bring in the wrong kind of crowd. 343 of course would have good intentions, but honestly Halo would be better off without a Battle Royale type. A lot of people already have lost hope with 343 after Halo 5(not me, I still love this franchise), and adding a Battle Royale would more than likely set off a chain of events that could really hurt 343 with their fanbase.
Again, this is my opinion on Halo having Battle Royale.
I know you've got good intentions with this thought, but honestly. Halo is one of the last, if not THE LAST game on this Earth in our lifetimes that needs Battle Royale. I mean let's be honest, any time a game even hits at the though of adding battle royale, the downhill slide begins. And when said Battle Royale gets announced for a game, cue the negative fan feedback. When you see 'Battle Royale' get plastered on a game, it's doomed to bring in the wrong kind of crowd. 343 of course would have good intentions, but honestly Halo would be better off without a Battle Royale type. A lot of people already have lost hope with 343 after Halo 5(not me, I still love this franchise), and adding a Battle Royale would more than likely set off a chain of events that could really hurt 343 with their fanbase.
IDK. IMO the last game on earth that needs a BR is Half-Life. I hope that 343 first put effort into the Campaign and then make an MP with enough content at launch + either Warzone or Firefight, and then add BR post-launch. But TBH there's a 50/50 chance that it'll succeed. Either the majority old fans will quit Halo and the franchise dies, or the BR fans will move over to Halo and the franchise will be saved.
I'd be totally fine with Battle Royale... under a few conditions.
1. It is not prioritized. Post-launch would be a good place to add Battle Royale, since by that time the main game components will be finished.
2. It doesn't mess with the rest of the game. (This is similar to it not being prioritized.)

If it is a separate game developed after Infinite, I'd be 100% onboard. It could follow the Fortnite (Hey, hey, you put down those pitchforks and torches!) system, with it being free-to-play and with cosmetics as micro-transactions (I said put the pitchforks down!) to purchase. I'd be fine with paying for interesting armor sets or skins for a Spartan or an ODST. Profitable for 343 and Microsoft, and you get to customize your character. And since it's a separate game, people who are firmly in the "No Battle Royale" camp are not upset by a mainline game having the mode.

But that is just my opinion and thoughts. Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to run away before the angry mob comes to get me.
RedThree1 wrote:
I'd be totally fine with Battle Royale... under a few conditions.
1. It is not prioritized. Post-launch would be a good place to add Battle Royale, since by that time the main game components will be finished.
2. It doesn't mess with the rest of the game. (This is similar to it not being prioritized.)

If it is a separate game developed after Infinite, I'd be 100% onboard. It could follow the Fortnite (Hey, hey, you put down those pitchforks and torches!) system, with it being free-to-play and with cosmetics as micro-transactions (I said put the pitchforks down!) to purchase. I'd be fine with paying for interesting armor sets or skins for a Spartan or an ODST. Profitable for 343 and Microsoft, and you get to customize your character. And since it's a separate game, people who are firmly in the "No Battle Royale" camp are not upset by a mainline game having the mode.

But that is just my opinion and thoughts. Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to run away before the angry mob comes to get me.
This ^
This^

Seriously though, seems like you are one of few who doesn’t just blindly hate popular trends that could only save Halo
Or maybe people just don't like it and/or are tired of it...

Maybe people think Halo should stop trying to be something it's not and go expand back on modes that made it popular in the first place, like BTB, Firefight and so on. Personally, I think the possibilities with a firefight type mode are almost endless the things you could do/Incorporated.

Maybe people don't want a Battle Royal mode in the main series because having it will mean the game will have to be more less designed around it (Like Halo 5 was around Warzone) and will suck resources away from every other mode of play (like Warzone did and Halo 5)

There are are lots of legitimate reasons why people don't want it and I've heard lots. I don't see it as blind hate at all.
This^

Or maybe people just don't like it and/or are tired of it...

Maybe people think Halo should stop trying to be something it's not and go expand back on modes that made it popular in the first place, like BTB, Firefight and so on. Personally, I think the possibilities with a firefight type mode are almost endless the things you could do/Incorporated.

Maybe people don't want a Battle Royal mode in the main series because having it will mean the game will have to be more less designed around it (Like Halo 5 was around Warzone) and will suck resources away from every other mode of play (like Warzone did and Halo 5)

There are are lots of legitimate reasons why people don't want it and I've heard lots. I don't see it as blind hate at all.
I don't see BR as a top priority for Halo. I'd rather have 343 focus on the campaign and MP and maybe Firefight/Warzone. But I'd like BR to be added post-launch after they release a full game with plenty of MP content
This^

I think it would do the exact opposite of saving Halo.
IDK. IMO the last game on earth that needs a BR is Half-Life. I hope that 343 first put effort into the Campaign and then make an MP with enough content at launch + either Warzone or Firefight, and then add BR post-launch. But TBH there's a 50/50 chance that it'll succeed. Either the majority old fans will quit Halo and the franchise dies, or the BR fans will move over to Halo and the franchise will be saved.
I'll admit,i my jimmies would be rustled if Halo did have a stricly Battle-royale theme to it, and therefore make me drift away from the franchise, would be quite the shame because I love this franchise. Plus if new fans did come into Halo because of Battle Royale, majority of them would be the toxic Twitch streamers plus...."those" kind of people...you know the ones I'm talking about it.
Half life battle royale you say? Don't worry about that one anytime soon my man. Unless it's CS:GO/Dota 2, Valve ain't doing anything new with ANY of their games, except with Team Fortress 2/Garry's Mod. Let alone Valve can't even make a new game cause(old joke you definitely didn't see coming) they can't count to the number 3. The count from Sesame street could help them with that :P
omarlotrc wrote:
This^

Why? All the Fortnite and Apex players will come to Halo
omarlotrc wrote:
This^

I don't know if that's what we should be striving for. Halo shouldn't have its identity sacrificed just to attract new players.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
This^

I don't know if that's what we should be striving for. Halo shouldn't have its identity sacrificed just to attract new players.
Although I'm mainly hoping for a good campaign + MP, but BR is what kids today are looking for when buying new games. I'm not trying to force a BR (In fact, I wouldn't mind much if they didn't make one as long as the main MP is fun + they add Warzone or Firefight. I just had some idea about a BR-like game mode.) What I'm just trying to do is make the point that if Halo can take advantage by making a simple but fun BR + Make the campaign and MP good, then Halo will become the most played game again.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5