Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Instead of battle royale, what about this?

OP AlanDjikkaity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
battle royale sounds dope tbh.
This^

Seriously though, seems like you are one of few who doesn’t just blindly hate popular trends that could only save Halo
I think it would do the exact opposite of saving Halo.
Why? All the Fortnite and Apex players will come to Halo
I don't know if that's what we should be striving for. Halo shouldn't have its identity sacrificed just to attract new players.
Although I'm mainly hoping for a good campaign + MP, but BR is what kids today are looking for when buying new games. I'm not trying to force a BR (In fact, I wouldn't mind much if they didn't make one as long as the main MP is fun + they add Warzone or Firefight. I just had some idea about a BR-like game mode.) What I'm just trying to do is make the point that if Halo can take advantage by making a simple but fun BR + Make the campaign and MP good, then Halo will become the most played game again.
if it doesn't take away resources from other modes, I'm all for it.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
This^

Seriously though, seems like you are one of few who doesn’t just blindly hate popular trends that could only save Halo
I don't know if that's what we should be striving for. Halo shouldn't have its identity sacrificed just to attract new players.
Although I'm mainly hoping for a good campaign + MP, but BR is what kids today are looking for when buying new games. I'm not trying to force a BR (In fact, I wouldn't mind much if they didn't make one as long as the main MP is fun + they add Warzone or Firefight. I just had some idea about a BR-like game mode.) What I'm just trying to do is make the point that if Halo can take advantage by making a simple but fun BR + Make the campaign and MP good, then Halo will become the most played game again.
if it doesn't take away resources from other modes, I'm all for it.
This ^
omarlotrc wrote:
This^

Im just a big fan of halo that I like to see any genre in the halo universe.
omarlotrc wrote:
This^

Why would those players flock to Halo's BR when both of the examples you mentioned are free to play? CoD players didn't come to Halo 4, WoW players didn't migrate enmasse to WoW-like MMORPGs, DotA and LoL are still the biggest MOBAs despite the numerous other MOBAs having been released, Overwatch is still big despite quite a few other Hero shooters out there.

While sure, in Dumb Dumber fashion, there is a chance, that a Halo BR mode could attract a large audience.
However I'd argue that i343 has a far better chance of success developing their own distinct mode related to Halo, in a vacuum from other outside "influences".

Also, what good does it do Halo as a whole, if the only thing the BR audience is interested in, is the BR mode for Halo, and have the BR audience actually been attracted to Halo? Or just the mode?
Naqser wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
This^

Why would those players flock to Halo's BR when both of the examples you mentioned are free to play? CoD players didn't come to Halo 4, WoW players didn't migrate enmasse to WoW-like MMORPGs, DotA and LoL are still the biggest MOBAs despite the numerous other MOBAs having been released, Overwatch is still big despite quite a few other Hero shooters out there.

While sure, in Dumb Dumber fashion, there is a chance, that a Halo BR mode could attract a large audience.
However I'd argue that i343 has a far better chance of success developing their own distinct mode related to Halo, in a vacuum from other outside "influences".

Also, what good does it do Halo as a whole, if the only thing the BR audience is interested in, is the BR mode for Halo, and have the BR audience actually been attracted to Halo? Or just the mode?
Back in 2012, CoD vs Halo was at it's peak, so the CoD fans wouldn't sacrifice their MLG swag for Halo. Also, the MOBAs you mentioned are always updated + they're grinding games.

If kids can steal their mom's credit card for Fortnite skins, then they can certainly steal their mom's credit card to buy Halo Infinite. If a game is just amazing all-round, then people will of course play the game
Naqser wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
This^

Back in 2012, CoD vs Halo was at it's peak, so the CoD fans wouldn't sacrifice their MLG swag for Halo. Also, the MOBAs you mentioned are always updated + they're grinding games.

If kids can steal their mom's credit card for Fortnite skins, then they can certainly steal their mom's credit card to buy Halo Infinite. If a game is just amazing all-round, then people will of course play the game
Playerbase retenion is where it's at ,
halo 4 couldn't retain its new cod playerbase while alienating its older one, end result no population .
Its one thing to get people to play its another thing to keep them returning time and again. Fortnite are the br kings and apex hasn't been able to take the crown away despite being free to play and having very good shooter and movement mechanics , cod , fallout and battlefield haven't made much of a dent despite both cod and battlefield (like halo ) again having strong following and a good polished in game systems and mechanics but a restrictive $60buy in model . I still can't see halo doing a BR well particularly the ongoing need for new content and even if did I can't see it being a success because of the $60 buy in model .
would be interesting if it was done on the warzone maps - maybe you could get the vehicles from the bases that have vehicle bays like the garages or cores
I still think a "Training on Reach" gamemode would work for BR.
You're an S-II trainee in the forests of Reach and you gotta be the first person to ring the bell Chief Mendez left out for you.
If you win, you get kicked in the head by Mendez and told to work as a team and then you do pushups till you puke.

They can work in the obession with skins and cosmetics by letting you unlock famous S-II candidates. So you can be Soren or Serin or Jorge or Sam or Will or any of the other guys we know of but havent seen.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I still think a "Training on Reach" gamemode would work for BR.
You're an S-II trainee in the forests of Reach and you gotta be the first person to ring the bell Chief Mendez left out for you.
If you win, you get kicked in the head by Mendez and told to work as a team and then you do pushups till you puke.

They can work in the obession with skins and cosmetics by letting you unlock famous S-II candidates. So you can be Soren or Serin or Jorge or Sam or Will or any of the other guys we know of but havent seen.
That'd be cool. Maybe have it run like Spartan Ops where it's implemented like a side story. I honestly don't know
Naqser wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
This^

Playerbase retenion is where it's at ,
halo 4 couldn't retain its new cod playerbase while alienating its older one, end result no population .
Its one thing to get people to play its another thing to keep them returning time and again. Fortnite are the br kings and apex hasn't been able to take the crown away despite being free to play and having very good shooter and movement mechanics , cod , fallout and battlefield haven't made much of a dent despite both cod and battlefield (like halo ) again having strong following and a good polished in game systems and mechanics but a restrictive $60buy in model . I still can't see halo doing a BR well particularly the ongoing need for new content and even if did I can't see it being a success because of the $60 buy in model .
Halo wouldn't need to worry about being a $60 game should it have BR, it's already a game with a campaign and MP. Halo 4 was unlucky that CoD was still at it's peak + many were whining about it's CoD aspects. Also, Fallout 76 and BF5 aren't really the best games, so of course they won't hold a candle light to Fortnite
theres already FFA... why does halo need to hop onto the Battle Royale bandwagon

And i343 went ahead an made additions which could all be found in some way or from in CoD, trying to lure in the CoD audience. But apparently "being an amazing all-round game" doesn't matter if there's "MLG Swag" around in another. DotA and LoL? The two MOBAs which haven't been "dethroned" despite numerous other Mobas having been released? All of which also got their own fair share of updates over their lifespan, and were grinding games.
None of that however answer why BR fans having well developed, supported free to play BR dedicated games, would jump ship, and buy a new game with a side BR mode, which has yet to be proven to be supported and updated at the desired frequency that BR fans are acustomed to.

CC stealing kids is hardly the norm, and even then I wouldn't count on the majority of those who actually do, to be around once they've been found out.

Halo wouldn't need to worry about being a $60 game should it have BR, it's already a game with a campaign and MP. Halo 4 was unlucky that CoD was still at it's peak + many were whining about it's CoD aspects. Also, Fallout 76 and BF5 aren't really the best games, so of course they won't hold a candle light to Fortnite
That BR mode sure has to be something magnificent if BR fans are going to abandon the BR dedicated games they've spent a lot of time on, in order to pay atleast 60$ for an entirely new game, and new BR mode.
And for some arbitrary reason, Halo Infinite's BR mode would blow Fortnite out of the water?
As I said in other posts about Battle Royale it isn't that Battle Royale should not be in Halo, it is just that 343i don't need to make the game mode and foster the Battle Royale community that is already catered by Fortnight and Apex. If there is to be a Halo Battle Royale then it should be made by the community and not by 343i. Instead 343i need to just provide us with the tools to be able to make said Battle Royale mode. After all we did have the Hunger Games in Forge. So here is what 343i needs to give us.
  • A canvas style map the size of Forge World from Halo Reach.
  • Increase the player count in custom games to be at least 64 players (100 is an arbitrary number really but 16 is too little).
  • Randomized Weapon and Vehicle and equipment/ability spawns (again stuff that is needed for fiesta)
  • Drop-pod spawning mechanic (a cool feature that would be in any game mode not just battle royale.
And then let the forge community work with that. I am certain you would get something that gets very close to Halo's take on Battle Royale. It was already in Halo since H2. Start with random weapon, random vehicle and weapons and 1 life. It wasn't very popular and understandable as when someone died there was a long wait time for the next game.

Anyways 343i doesn't need to make the Battle Royale mode, they just need to make a sandbox in which a decent Battle Royale custom game is possible.
As I said in other posts about Battle Royale it isn't that Battle Royale should not be in Halo, it is just that 343i don't need to make the game mode and foster the Battle Royale community that is already catered by Fortnight and Apex. If there is to be a Halo Battle Royale then it should be made by the community and not by 343i. Instead 343i need to just provide us with the tools to be able to make said Battle Royale mode. After all we did have the Hunger Games in Forge. So here is what 343i needs to give us.
  • A canvas style map the size of Forge World from Halo Reach.
  • Increase the player count in custom games to be at least 64 players (100 is an arbitrary number really but 16 is too little).
  • Randomized Weapon and Vehicle and equipment/ability spawns (again stuff that is needed for fiesta)
  • Drop-pod spawning mechanic (a cool feature that would be in any game mode not just battle royale.
And then let the forge community work with that. I am certain you would get something that gets very close to Halo's take on Battle Royale. It was already in Halo since H2. Start with random weapon, random vehicle and weapons and 1 life. It wasn't very popular and understandable as when someone died there was a long wait time for the next game.

Anyways 343i doesn't need to make the Battle Royale mode, they just need to make a sandbox in which a decent Battle Royale custom game is possible.
That could work. If this turns out to be popular among the community, then they could turn make a game mode out of this
I personally would like to see a Halo Battle Royale, maybe as a separate game, but since there won't be a BR and a lot of "fans" don't want to listen to ideas that could potentially help Halo become the number 1 game again, I came up with an alternative, either as a mode in Infinite or a side game

What it is : Free-for-All Evolved, an expanded version of Free-for-All with battle royale elements that allows 60 players max per game, with a party of 4 allowed, thus meaning that 15 parties can all potentially play in the same game. In this game mode, players can vote for what past Halo story they want, which includes map, weapon designs, and "storm" based on that certain game. In that way, you won't be bored of the same map . I came up with a list that might suit everybody reading this

Reach from Halo Reach, with storm being the Covenant glassing
Installation 04 from Halo CE, with storm being the Flood outbreak
New Mombasa from Halo 2 / Halo 3 ODST, with storm being hundreds of Covenant drop ships, mainly Elites
Installation 08 from Halo 3, storm being the destruction of the ring
Requiem from Halo 4, storm being Promethean Knights and Crawlers

How it works : Players are dropped in ODST drop pods with an SMG and Magnum as starting weapons and with a couple of biofoam medicines in case you're about to die. Your teammates can heal you by either taking your own and using it on you, or they can sacrifice their own

If you die : Your involvement will be determined by what map you're on

Reach - Nothing, you just watch the surviving players play
CE - You become one of the Flood
2 / 3 ODST - You become a Covenant elite
3. Nothing, you just watch the surviving players play,
4. You can choose from either a Knight or a Crawler

Gameplay : Sprint is the only form of advanced movement. Duel-wielding should return as well.

Customization : Everyone's starting character is an ODST. Once you earn a certain rank, you can unlock the ability to play as either a Spartan or an Elite. Elite and Spartan customization would be similar to the one from Halo Reach. However, you can chose if your Spartan is a Spartan 2, 3, or 4. 4 save slots are given to accompany the customization system.

IMO, battle royale was a missed opportunity because if they did decide to make it, then more people would play Halo. I don't care if the older fans would leave, the newcomers would make up for them, considering that most of the gaming world plays battle royale games. But I think this can make up for it and make Halo almost if not as big as it was back when it was Number 1. What do you guys think?
first of all sprint needs to go. Secondly halo needs to go back to its roots and win back the old players AS WELL as gain new ones. what halo can't do is continue to go down the rabbit hole of advanced movement, and follow in the footsteps of halo 4 and 5. halo needs to go back to its roots because halo 4 and 5 are not what the community wants. If BR is done in halo its gotta follow halos tried and true classic formula
I personally would like to see a Halo Battle Royale, maybe as a separate game, but since there won't be a BR and a lot of "fans" don't want to listen to ideas that could potentially help Halo become the number 1 game again, I came up with an alternative, either as a mode in Infinite or a side game

What it is : Free-for-All Evolved, an expanded version of Free-for-All with battle royale elements that allows 60 players max per game, with a party of 4 allowed, thus meaning that 15 parties can all potentially play in the same game. In this game mode, players can vote for what past Halo story they want, which includes map, weapon designs, and "storm" based on that certain game. In that way, you won't be bored of the same map . I came up with a list that might suit everybody reading this

New Mombasa from Halo 2 / Halo 3 ODST, with storm being hundreds of Covenant drop ships, mainly Elites

How it works : Players are dropped in ODST drop pods with an SMG and Magnum as starting weapons and with a couple of biofoam medicines in case you're about to die. Your teammates can heal you by either taking your own and using it on you, or they can sacrifice their own

Gameplay : Sprint is the only form of advanced movement. Duel-wielding should return as well.

Customization : Everyone's starting character is an ODST. Once you earn a certain rank, you can unlock the ability to play as either a Spartan or an Elite. Elite and Spartan customization would be similar to the one from Halo Reach. However, you can chose if your Spartan is a Spartan 2, 3, or 4. 4 save slots are given to accompany the customization system.

IMO, battle royale was a missed opportunity because if they did decide to make it, then more people would play Halo. I don't care if the older fans would leave, the newcomers would make up for them, considering that most of the gaming world plays battle royale games. But I think this can make up for it and make Halo almost if not as big as it was back when it was Number 1. What do you guys think?
first of all sprint needs to go. Secondly halo needs to go back to its roots and win back the old players AS WELL as gain new ones. what halo can't do is continue to go down the rabbit hole of advanced movement, and follow in the footsteps of halo 4 and 5. halo needs to go back to its roots because halo 4 and 5 are not what the community wants. If BR is done in halo its gotta follow halos tried and true classic formula
1. Sprint is here to stay. It's been around for a while
2. No, Halo doesn't have to go back to it's roots. You guys need to accept the fact the FPS games are evolving, and Halo has to do the same and instead of playing the nostalgia game, actually do stuff to innovate. "what halo can't do is continue to go down the rabbit hole of advanced movement, and follow in the footsteps of halo 4 and 5." Um, no. Halo has not been going down the rabbit hole with advanced movement. Why do you think there are many people who like the newer games? Either accept the new Halo and move on from the classic Halo or play either MCC or other games

2. No, Halo doesn't have to go back to it's roots. You guys need to accept the fact the FPS games are evolving, and Halo has to do the same and instead of playing the nostalgia game, actually do stuff to innovate. "what halo can't do is continue to go down the rabbit hole of advanced movement, and follow in the footsteps of halo 4 and 5." Um, no. Halo has not been going down the rabbit hole with advanced movement. Why do you think there are many people who like the newer games? Either accept the new Halo and move on from the classic Halo or play either MCC or other games
classic halo formula (halo 1,2,3) - 30+ million copies sold - millions of players and player retention

"new halo formula" (Halo 4/5) - less than 10 million copies - minimal player retention- nowhere near as popular as it once was

and we should keep going down the rabbit hole of advanced movement and the direction 343 is pushing. ok.
Blaming stuff like advanced movement for the decline of Halo is dumb.

classic halo formula (halo 1,2,3) - 30+ million copies sold - millions of players and player retention

"new halo formula" (Halo 4/5) - less than 10 million copies - minimal player retention- nowhere near as popular as it once was

and we should keep going down the rabbit hole of advanced movement and the direction 343 is pushing. ok.
Dude no offense but if you start throwing around numbers, get them right.

Halo CE, 2 and 3 didn't sell over 30 million copies - close to, like, about 27/28 million, but they didn't beat the mark.
On the other hand, Reach, 4 & 5, the games with sprint sold about 23 million copies,
with H4 still outselling even CE and H2. Not a vast difference IMO.

The only thing those numbers tell is that Halo had its prime in about 2007.
Nothing else period especially not about the quality of those games.

Thing is, we don't have 2007 anymore. The people from back then aren't around anymore.
There are even less Xbox One consoles around than 360 consoles back in the day.
Not trying to defend anything or playing devil's advocate, it just annoys me when people
use sales numbers to back up their arguments, that's just cheap since a -Yoink- ton of various
different other factors needs to be put into that equation - year of release, sold consoles, active players etc

It is so friggin simple and I don't get why people don't get that the decline in active player numbers in halo games
started already with the poor release of the xbox one - something 343i couldn't help with.

Sure, 343i could make a game that plays entirely like classic Halo but you can take me by my word
and I would bet my -Yoink- that it would sell even less than the first Halo Wars.
Why? Because gameplay like that isn't popular anymore.
I'd wish that the people who foolishy think that classic gameplay would Halo take it back to '07
would take a look at the most-trending games on Twitch and Mixer - newsflash, it takes modern gameplayto make games popular nowadays - classic gameplay would surely attract Halo veterans and
fans of classic gameplay - but let us get back to numbers, how many of those people are left in total?
Half a million, a million or maybe two?
It is simple math guys, 343i won't return to classic gameplay because it would turn out as a well received financial disaster at bestclosing this all of by coming back to the topic at hand,
it is already pretty remarkable that 343i isn't putting resources into a Battle Royale mode or related to it.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
It is so friggin simple and I don't get why people don't get that the decline in active player numbers in halo games
started already with the poor release of the xbox one - something 343i couldn't help with.
So, how exactly did the Xbox One's poor release affect the Halo community by the time of its release?

SMOK69KMK wrote:
Sure, 343i could make a game that plays entirely like classic Halo but you can take me by my word
and I would bet my -Yoink- that it would sell even less than the first Halo Wars.
Quite a ballsy statement to make.

SMOK69KMK wrote:
Why? Because gameplay like that isn't popular anymore.
Kind of an interesting remark to make considering the turns and tides of gaming these days. It's entirely within the realms of possibility that a properly made heavily classic inspired Halo game could reignite the interest in that kind of gameplay.

SMOK69KMK wrote:
I'd wish that the people who foolishy think that classic gameplay would Halo take it back to '07
would take a look at the most-trending games on Twitch and Mixer - newsflash, it takes modern gameplayto make games popular nowadays
An even more interesting statement considering the top ten most viewed games on Twitch at the moment of writing has CS:GO, LoL, WoW with lots of classic streaming, DotA 2, GTA 5 and Minecraft in it.
While Mixer's current top 10 doesn't look like that, I'm not really inclined to believe that it would prove anything.

SMOK69KMK wrote:
classic gameplay would surely attract Halo veterans and
fans of classic gameplay
It's possible, yes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5