Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Instead of battle royale, what about this?

OP AlanDjikkaity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
It never ceases to amaze me the mental gymnastics people go through try to frame "focusing on what made you popular in the first place" as somehow being the riskier option compared to trying to muscle in on a heavily saturated market like BR or (Insert Gaming Trend Here).
omarlotrc wrote:
battle royale sounds dope tbh.
This^

Seriously though, seems like you are one of few who doesn’t just blindly hate popular trends that could only save Halo
I think it would do the exact opposite of saving Halo.
Why? All the Fortnite and Apex players will come to Halo
yeah, BR players NOT halo fans. highly doubt that they would stay for the campaign, i mean why would they if they only came for the BR and have no other interest in halo.. I would rather halo infinite be known for its epic campaign and immersive story (if it does turn out that way) than being known as that "game with a new type of BR"
Chimera13 said a lot of things I agree with. I see that there are a lot of comments shooting down this idea of a BR though so I'll put in my 2 cents..
I think Halo already has a lot of what it needs to pull together a BR mode and despite its "decline in popularity" that doesn't mean it wouldn't still be worth trying as it still infers they are popular to a certain degree. But I agree with not having any scent of a BR at the beginning of Infinite's beginning as to not ruffle any feathers. Rather, having the tools necessary to make it instead and to help gauge the interest in Infinite's install base.
Now, Microsoft still wants to make money so I could still see a Halo BR being made either way down the line and be used as that main extra source of money with the all now too common 'season/battle pass'. As for the issue of people not playing BRs part of a 60$ experience I can see them simply making it a free part of Infinite.
ronnie42 wrote:
I'd rather Battle Royale just die. All is does is encourage irritating business models like lack of content while pushing staff in overtime to rush out content for skins at insane speeds.
Halo needs to go back to start trending...not following the latest gimmick. Bringing any form of BR would be the worst case scenario for Halo and I'm glad Halo Infinite is not being included with the mode.
Completely agree; and I don't think that the battle royale craze will last for much longer.
John9895 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
I'd rather Battle Royale just die. All is does is encourage irritating business models like lack of content while pushing staff in overtime to rush out content for skins at insane speeds.
Halo needs to go back to start trending...not following the latest gimmick. Bringing any form of BR would be the worst case scenario for Halo and I'm glad Halo Infinite is not being included with the mode.
Completely agree; and I don't think that the battle royale craze will last for much longer.
Yeh I wish it would too but the thing is I don't see it dying anytime soon, I have the same feelings about vr too since feel like these are gimmicks that need to die but instead of it seems like both 'trends' seem to be stuck with the games industry and I'm at a point where I have to have hope Halo isn't ruined by either of them, actually focus on making a proper AAA game instead of focusing on what gimmick is currently trending.
"but since there won't be a BR and a lot of "fans" don't want to listen to ideas that could potentially help Halo become the number 1 game again"

Halo 4 added sprint as a permanent ability, custom classes, perks, killstreaks, killcams, and quick time events. Halo 5: Guardians added advanced mobility, lootboxes, post-release content to fill an otherwise empty experience, and borderline always-online digital rights management. Issues with sales, reception, and lasting player populations resulted from these decisions.

I'm sorry, but us "fans" don't want to see Halo continuously make the mistake of copying instead of innovating as it's killing the franchise.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5