Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Invasion (from Halo Reach)

OP RashestBobcat25

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Bring invasion back 343!

If you enlarge the weapons and vehicles sandbox this game mode will sell the game on its own - the mode of course implies that Elites need to become playable again, but that is another topic - please don't block this thread.
Invasion is my favorite game mode its return would make this game for me
This is why I like Reach because they decided to balance the weapons and vehicle pools against each other (they probably should have done the same with armor abilities but oh well). Right now it seems like most here wants the focus to be on the arena aspect of multiplayer instead of faction vs faction theme.

I also think it would be cool if you could have faction NPCs to follow you much like in the campaign. It would be a nice blend of the campaign and multiplayer elements. 343i would have to design something to act as a counterpart to the Hunters coughcyclopsecough but it would be a reason to bring the transport vehicles that can hold 6.
I would love this. I adored Invasion and it brought some truly epic scenarios to the table.
I think they would be crazy NOT to include this :)
Rafy07 wrote:
I would love this. I adored Invasion and it brought some truly epic scenarios to the table.
Well we did get Halo 4, did we not?
I honestly rather see ODST firefight comeback with some vidmaster achievements that have armor attached to them.
If any old mode like that comes back, I want them to have their own twist and style. No copy and paste, just a nostalgic modes with infinites spin on things. But, I want real 343 made maps not forge maps, REAL MAPS. BTB was a turn off in 5 for me because of the forge maps.
Heck yessss. I also hope that they bring Invasion into the MCC when Reach comes out on it. But for Infinite if playable Elites are a thing than I really can’t think of a reason not to put invasion on it. OR...warzone with Spartans against Elites...but that’s sort of close to invasion right?
Yes please, we need it.
Please bring it back 343i. It was my favourite mode from Reach and spire was my favourite map.
Invasion and Firefight were both fantastic modes and I think when Reach goes to MCC they'll see how good an idea including such things in Infinite would be
I honestly rather see ODST firefight comeback with some vidmaster achievements that have armor attached to them.
I do also hope ODST/reach style firefight returns as warzone firefight just wasn’t as fun for me. I think there’s a better shot of this version of firefight making it in infinite, but I’d personally rather have invasion. I’m hoping for both though.
If they bring it back, which I hope they do, they need to include Invasion Slayer. Playing that on Boneyard is one of my fondest memories from Reach.
kjbart wrote:
If they bring it back, which I hope they do, they need to include Invasion Slayer. Playing that on Boneyard is one of my fondest memories from Reach.
Boneyard is great but also Invasion was the one game mode that needs its own maps and in that category it also had the smallest amount of maps. There were only 3 maps (Boneyard, Spire, and Breakpoint from DLC) and Forge world which just used regular large maps for invasion slayer. It is a shame that no official invasion map that uses Forge World. I can see a landing on the beach of Blood gulch move your way through the cave then fight on the Island.

Invasion needs to return but it also needs more than 3-4 maps.
kjbart wrote:
Boneyard is great but also Invasion was the one game mode that needs its own maps and in that category it also had the smallest amount of maps. There were only 3 maps (Boneyard, Spire, and Breakpoint from DLC) and Forge world which just used regular large maps for invasion slayer. It is a shame that no official invasion map that uses Forge World. I can see a landing on the beach of Blood gulch move your way through the cave then fight on the Island.

Invasion needs to return but it also needs more than 3-4 maps.
Yeah I totally agree, if it returns they should make it a legit playlist with lots of maps.
I should make a poll if Invasion should have AI NPCs or not. I hope it is a feature in the next invasion but if they are added they need to be much better than the warzone marines.
Rafy07 wrote:
Halo 4 didn't have Invasion though?
It had dominion but that's not quite the same.
I miss playable elites too.
Rafy07 wrote:
Rafy07 wrote:
Halo 4 didn't have Invasion though?
It had dominion but that's not quite the same.
I miss playable elites too.
Yeah sorry I was being sarcastic as Halo 4 had a lot of things that the past game halo reach did not have (playable elites, firefight, ect.)
I was emphasizing the craziness that 343i simply did not put it in. Their track record has a status that is best described as in repair. So yeah 343i would still be crazy enough to ignore invasions, and elites and other stuff. Will they do exactly that for Infinite, hopefully not but what have they given us to show otherwise?
Invasion would be great to see return, which, obviously it will. My hopes is that with the game being on dedicated servers that it plays more fluid and is responsive to weapon hits.

Halo 4 DID have Dominion, but it was more of a Territories type game mode that had random weapon drops after holding a base for so long. Halo 5 simply removed the fortifications and resupply drops to get us to Strongholds. A dedicated group DID create/script Invasion on Halo 4 as a modded custom gametype. Plays nearly exactly the same as you'd expect it.

We just really need a 3-wave mode like Reach's Invasion for Infinite. I love the feeling of pushing objectives in waves as rounds and then switching sides after the fact. Giving access to better weapons as waves progress made it even more unique as you weren't just bombarded with DMRs and Carbines off the top, either.
Yep, this would be awesome. It's greedy I know but I'd love to see all previous game modes included. If you're gonna dream, dream big! Haha
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2