Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Is 343i going to pull a 'one more thing'?

OP deathenator

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Something that has been bugging me for a while guys, would like to hear your thoughts on it.

So far, we've heard and seen the 'standard' 4v4 arena slayer and objectives games. We've also heard about the Big Team Battle 2.0 mode. This will be 12v12. That's quite a low player count if you ask me, but fine, it's at least a little bigger in comparison to what came before.

However, this is 2021. We've seen Warzone push the envelope with 150 players on one big map. Battlefield is going for 128 concurrent players and 4 major modes.. I'm wondering if Halo can compete with other shooters with 'just' classic modes and conservative player counts. And it leaves me wondering:

Is 343 going to pull a 'one more thing' and drop a big, well produced new mode we haven't seen or heard about yet in the run-up to launch?
I feel like the academy is the other big mode at launch
CZYK14 wrote:
I feel like the academy is the other big mode at launch
You could very well be right. I would be disappointed by that though, as it's just a training mode.
no, and why do they need too?
they don't need to do anything. Like I stated in OP, I'm wondering if Halo can compete with other shooters with 'just' classic modes and conservative player counts. Do they need something more to pull in the big numbers? I take it you don't think so. Which is absolutely fine.
I’m really hoping they do. Lately it seems like it’s been a lot of “this is coming post launch” with very little “here’s what’s coming at launch”. I think it could go a long way to banking some goodwill with some of the more disgruntled fans if they dropped some info on an unrevealed mode before launch day.

I’m personally hoping for an overhauled warzone, an expanded Invasion type mode (which unfortunately would have to be Spartan v Spartan), or Spartan Ops 2.0.
they don't need to do anything. Like I stated in OP, I'm wondering if Halo can compete with other shooters with 'just' classic modes and conservative player counts. Do they need something more to pull in the big numbers? I take it you don't think so. Which is absolutely fine.
I don’t think they need to compete with battlefield and call of duty. Halo is an arena shooter and always has been. The formula is different then those games and doesn’t need the huge player lobbies as a gimmick to compete
If more players meant more fun, then everyone would play btb and no one would play arena.
I was hoping for a PvE mode, but we haven't even heard a whisper of anything, so I'm not going to hold my breath. Not even a vague comment that 343 seems to love, like "we've got more in store that we haven't shown you yet, so stay tuned!"
If they were going to announce a bigger mode for release, they would have done it by now.

Is there possibly other new modes at launch? Possible.
I would like to know more how many players can get into one lobby? Would like to see epic sword fights between two armys clashing into each other
Something that has been bugging me for a while guys, would like to hear your thoughts on it.

So far, we've heard and seen the 'standard' 4v4 arena slayer and objectives games. We've also heard about the Big Team Battle 2.0 mode. This will be 12v12. That's quite a low player count if you ask me, but fine, it's at least a little bigger in comparison to what came before.

However, this is 2021. We've seen Warzone push the envelope with 150 players on one big map. Battlefield is going for 128 concurrent players and 4 major modes.. I'm wondering if Halo can compete with other shooters with 'just' classic modes and conservative player counts. And it leaves me wondering:

Is 343 going to pull a 'one more thing' and drop a big, well produced new mode we haven't seen or heard about yet in the run-up to launch?
I was expected it. But coop being delayed suggests no pve so firefight/warzone/warfare/spartan ops return seems unlikely.
Honestly I think I'd be annoyed if they go heres this new monetised thing but all your favourite halo modes are on hold. Especially if its the BR they said wasn't in the game that would leave a very off taste in my mouth.
At launch? I wouldn't necessarily expect some new mode, but I wouldn't be surprised either. After launch though, yea, I think we can safely expect new game modes at some point, probably even some big ones.
Probably not but they need to. Otherwise what do we have? 4v4, 12v12 btb, and a paid campaign. It will be fun for a bit but with a bad progression system and not much variety those other games with big modes will be luring people away pretty quickly.
I’m sure we’ll get something along those lines but maybe like a year after launch.
12v12 is big enough for Halo. I enjoy the 3 vs 3 vs 3 vs 3 game mode too. Team free-for-all. Cheers.
Hope the player count isn't entirely capped at 24, or that they raise the cap a few months later when Forge is added.
The whole "we're not doing Battle Royale, but you can create it in Forge if you want" thing doesn't work as well if you still can't make a BR anywhere near the size of what's in other games.
If you won't officially include bigger crazier modes yourself, at least give us the potential for making them ourselves

I'm hoping they say "SIKE we ain't Ruining Legacy Halo Servers and are keeping them Alive."
It was going to be battle royale, but the announcement was ruined by the code miners.
The only “one more thing” that 343 is going to drop is stuff that isn’t in at launch…damage control
Eh, I don’t particularly care for those types of games. They just stagnate and go on forever. Playing a single match for over an hour is a chore.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4