Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Is HI Pistol Just H5 Gunfighter Magnum??

OP Annex Angel

Go back and watch the Halo Infinite 2020 trailer and tell me that the pistol doesn't fire like the Gunfighter magnum in Halo 5. Since we don't even see the gunfighter magnum in campaign for H5 (maybe there's one hidden around a level somewhere correct me if I'm wrong plz :) maybe the gunfighter magnum was actually an early test for the Halo Infinite Pistol, and they just threw the gun in some social/ranked maps to see how players felt about it??? I actually prefer it to the H5 magnum as in competitive slayer game modes it gives you an edge with a faster fire speed. What are your guys thoughts?
I don't mind the gunfighter magnum. It's focus on rate of fire over pure stopping power heavily reminds me of the SOCOM M6C, which I personally really loved in ODST. If that's the approach they ultimately decide to take with Infinite's magnum I won't object.
This topic is in the wrong forum. It belongs in either the Infinite subforum or the General Discussion subforum.

The Halo Universe subforum is for discussing the story elements of the Halo franchise. As this thread is clearly about gameplay elements, it does not belong here.
As much as the H5 variant of the Magnum is an OP, utility weapon, I prefer a side arm/pistol being just that-a side arm. Its meant to supplement your fighting ability in the event of a malfunction, or reduced ability to reload in the field.
It worked great as a main weapon in H5 arena, maybe abit too well. The gun fighter magnum was welcome addition, to me. Less damage when compared to the standard magnum, but a faster RoF, , reload speed, and weapon swap. Felt more like a sidearm than a primary. It was quite accurate and I find myself using it in lieu of a BR in Warzone. Pairing it with a longer range AR variant works wonders for mid range combat, and the Gfighter is a master at close range cocmbat too. Engaging targets at range, and then quickly swapping to the G-fighter for those pesky flankers works excellently.

Having the new Sidekick regulated as a back up weapon is a good choice, should it operate similarly to the G-fighter.
It reminds me more of the Halo 2 Magnum which is definitely the weakest power wise but one of the fastest. I preferred the quickfire action despite how useless it was in Halo 2.

The Gunfighter Magnum in Halo 5 is fairly different and has a far more annoying sound when fired also.
I mean. It fired faster than the standard h5 magnum. But so did the H2 pistol and it was incredibly weak with out a duel wield plasma weapon compliment. So who knows.
It does appear to work more like the Gunfighter in function and that is fine provided it isn't the starting weapon. I just wish the Sidekick didn't have such a god awful visual design.
WerepyreND wrote:
It does appear to work more like the Gunfighter in function and that is fine provided it isn't the starting weapon. I just wish the Sidekick didn't have such a god awful visual design.
Yea it doesn't i don't see the three shot rounds.
WerepyreND wrote:
Right?! The gunfighter magnum looks like it fits in the Halo universe. The sidekick on the other just seems to have something with the design that just doesn't seem right.
WerepyreND wrote:
Right?! The gunfighter magnum looks like it fits in the Halo universe. The sidekick on the other just seems to have something with the design that just doesn't seem right.
I honestly think its just the lack of detail on the weapon and its small modern design. The pistols seem to be getting smaller and smaller lol, I think at a certain point the pistols will literally become to small for a Spartan II to use, as there hands are at least double the size of a normal human hand, If you remember just how big a CE pistol was in the hands of a human, this new pistol is a joke XD and honestly I kind of liked the Halo 4 magnum the most out of 343i designs.
WerepyreND wrote:
What do you mean "three shot rounds?" We are talking about the gunfighter magnum not whispered truth.
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
What do you mean "three shot rounds?" We are talking about the gunfighter magnum not whispered truth.
LOL shoot. My bad i read that wrong. I'd say it's range is farther then this new Sidekick
I hope so. The perfect sidearm IMO should prioritize draw speed, fire rate and reload speed, which the Gunfighter does.

Doing so will give the BR it's utility back.
Go back and watch the Halo Infinite 2020 trailer and tell me that the pistol doesn't fire like the Gunfighter magnum in Halo 5. Since we don't even see the gunfighter magnum in campaign for H5 (maybe there's one hidden around a level somewhere correct me if I'm wrong plz :) maybe the gunfighter magnum was actually an early test for the Halo Infinite Pistol, and they just threw the gun in some social/ranked maps to see how players felt about it??? I actually prefer it to the H5 magnum as in competitive slayer game modes it gives you an edge with a faster fire speed. What are your guys thoughts?
to me they look fire similarly, i really miss the H5 emblem
Honestly whenever I use the GF magnum I feel like it does not do enough damage
Honestly whenever I use the GF magnum I feel like it does not do enough damage
If it did the same damage as a regular magnum but with increased speed it would be way to overpowered