Is this halo?

OP k14 SaVAge

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I generally think this no longer feels like halo. Just the general pace of the game feels off.. sprinting seems like it does nothing. It looks like walking while wiggling your guns. It felt more like call of duty with shields and Ray guns. I miss the thruster pack. I was having a bad time until I maxed out my field of view. Made the pistol far more accurate. Was kinda having fun. Still felt like playing apex though... sad....
k14 SaVAge wrote:
I generally think this no longer feels like halo. Just the general pace of the game feels off.. sprinting seems like it does nothing. It looks like walking while wiggling your guns. It felt more like call of duty with shields and Ray guns. I miss the thruster pack. I was having a bad time until I maxed out my field of view. Made the pistol far more accurate. Was kinda having fun. Still felt like playing apex though... sad....
It's... definitely something else. But regarding the Sprint, it's like that due to the community's war on whether Sprint should/shouldn't be in Halo; Sprint's primary purpose is to be used for sliding, the slight speed boost while sprinting is rather futile but doesn't damage the gameplay design as much as opposers have claimed it used to.
Yes it is sad. For all the Halo players including me who are "...looking for a stripped down experience..." as Producer of Live Operations Sam Hanshaw put it, I kindly request some form of customization please that would allow players to toggle off the following game elements:
  • AI voices
  • kill & assist (goomba stomp) sound effects
  • specific waypoints
  • vehicle, player & weapon outlines
it's still halo but the TTK, 100% sprint uptime, hitmarkers, ADS, smaller radar, map aesthetic and even the sound design to some extent all add together to make infinite feel more like a bog standard FPS game. it's missing a distinct halo feel, as nebulous as that sounds.

bazaar needs more futurism, recharge needs more colour, TTK needs to be slower, the AR needs a range reduction, UNSC weapons should sound more distinct from eachother, zoom shouldn't affect RRR on every weapon.
Yes it is sad. Thousands of Halo fans would appreciate 343 i. for including a simple toggle in the menu to turn off
  • all vehicle, player & weapon outlines
  • hit marker sound effects
  • kill confirmed/assist sound effects
  • "shield recharge 100% complete" chirp &
  • specific waypoints.
All of those aforementioned features make so very many Halo fans feel disenfranchised because we love Halo 😢

This game is going to be around for a long time and a simple toggle option in the menu could translate to thousands of more engaged players.
You realize if you could turn off outlines you'd be at a disadvantage right?
k14 SaVAge wrote:
it's still halo but the TTK, 100% sprint uptime, hitmarkers, ADS, smaller radar, map aesthetic and even the sound design to some extent all add together to make infinite feel more like a bog standard FPS game. it's missing a distinct halo feel, as nebulous as that sounds.

bazaar needs more futurism, recharge needs more colour, TTK needs to be slower, the AR should have less range, UNSC weapons should sound more distinct from eachother, zoom shouldn't affect RRR on every weapon.
You guys are blowing things way out of proportion.

The gameplay is great and it feels like a Halo game.
k14 SaVAge wrote:

bazaar needs more futurism, recharge needs more colour, TTK needs to be slower, the AR should have less range, UNSC weapons should sound more distinct from eachother, zoom shouldn't affect RRR on every weapon.

I want to believe it feels like halo but having my shields dropped by an assault rifle in 1 second by someone across the map detracts a lot from that.
"Classic" fan who hated Reach and H4, and thought H5 was a good game but not Halo here: This is the closest we've gotten to "Halo" since H3 IMO. Feels to me like a fresh and modern version of the classic formula, in the way those other three did not.

I agree that player outlines, hitmarkers, maps, and sound do not feel as halo as they could, and just find the smaller map kind of annoying,but the game fundamentally "plays" like Halo and scratches the itch I have been wanting to scratch for almost a decade now.

Those of us who want classic Halo are just like the dudes who want Quake or Unreal Tournament to come back and dominate the market again. It's just not going to happen. Modern gamers who aren't old farts like us just wont connect with H2 or H3. I think Infinite is definitely the best compromise we could have expected, which bridges classic into modern games enough to entice most classic fans while also onboarding new players.
Yes it is sad. Thousands of Halo fans would appreciate 343 i. for including a simple toggle in the menu to turn off
  • all vehicle, player & weapon outlines
  • hit marker sound effects
  • kill confirmed/assist sound effects
  • "shield recharge 100% complete" chirp &
  • specific waypoints.
All of those aforementioned features make so very many Halo fans feel disenfranchised because we love Halo 😢

This game is going to be around for a long time and a simple toggle option in the menu could translate to thousands of more engaged players.
You realize if you could turn off outlines you'd be at a disadvantage right?
Not necessarily. Just the option would be enormously appreciated by the community especially for those who unfortunately suffer from visual and/or hearing impairments, All of those aforementioned features can create visual and/or audio overload. One may read about a specific instance where those outlines negatively affected the community in this thread here. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/please-remove-outlines-from-vehicles/a34c62e0-0b82-44c5-882e-fa57b1721b57/posts?page=1#post6
Defiantly think TTK should be longer. Where it stands right now is longer than most FPS games but only enough to turn round and fire a few shots into your attack before usually just hitting the deck. The longer TTK that halo was known for was to make it that all encounters could go either way had you had to play each one like chess. If you get jumped on you still had time to find some cover, strategize with grenades and so on. If you get the jump on someone it wasnt an easy kill, you still jad to work for it. Longer TTK means a more back and forth encounters.
RipaMaxima wrote:
k14 SaVAge wrote:
It's... definitely something else. But regarding the Sprint, it's like that due to the community's war on whether Sprint should/shouldn't be in Halo; Sprint's primary purpose is to be used for sliding, the slight speed boost while sprinting is rather futile but doesn't damage the gameplay design as much as opposers have claimed it used to.
I wasn't a fan of the sliding thing at first, but it is pretty cool for one reason. I got in a fight with some dude and we both had shields down and needed to reload, we both go to close the gap and melee each-other, and the dude slid under my melee and ended up winning the encounter because of it.

Aside from being a neat way to mix-up those type of melee encounters, it's pretty useless lol.
k14 SaVAge wrote:

I want to believe it feels like halo but having my shields dropped by an assault rifle in 1 second by someone across the map detracts a lot from that.
I have been playing all day and that doesn't happen. Only the commando and the BR are effective at range. The AR can pepper at range but not kill unless your in a completely open area.
k14 SaVAge wrote:
this isnt even near apex mate and its not even cod. It doesnt feel like halo either. I feel like its a budget version of apex.
This feels like the first Halo since Halo 3.
I honestly have no idea.
k14 SaVAge wrote:

No and no.
mokgrem wrote:
"Classic" fan who hated Reach and H4, and thought H5 was a good game but not Halo here: This is the closest we've gotten to "Halo" since H3 IMO. Feels to me like a fresh and modern version of the classic formula, in the way those other three did not.

I agree that player outlines, hitmarkers, maps, and sound do not feel as halo as they could, and just find the smaller map kind of annoying,but the game fundamentally "plays" like Halo and scratches the itch I have been wanting to scratch for almost a decade now.

Those of us who want classic Halo are just like the dudes who want Quake or Unreal Tournament to come back and dominate the market again. It's just not going to happen. Modern gamers who aren't old farts like us just wont connect with H2 or H3. I think Infinite is definitely the best compromise we could have expected, which bridges classic into modern games enough to entice most classic fans while also onboarding new players.
Reach at least played like an upgraded Halo 3. Halo 4 is downright rubbish and 5 isn't Halo at all. Infinite in it's current state plays like an altered Halo 5. It doesn't play like any of the classic Halos and I don't understand what the -Yoink- you're talking about honestly. This game is built on compromise, meaning it doesn't do anything all that good. It's mediocre at best because this franchise has been flooded with people who prefer shooters that aren't Halo.
Music and campaign is the most important thing to the Halo feel. If that fails, there’s no hope.
So far, the music have been really good and Halo accurate.
It’s Halo. Just not the Halo of old. Which is a shame: I remember playing this in 1999, as a solder. It was epic.

Maybe I missed the boat, multiple was always the best part of Halo. However, the story made you give a -Yoink-…
k14 SaVAge wrote:
this isnt even near apex mate I feel like its a budget version of apex.
Bruh...B-B-B-Bruh

Only thing this is missing is a Spongebob "2 seconds later" painted time card lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4