OP

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Quote:
Yes it is slow. I play apex I play cod. And your literally slower as a spartan then a normal human? You have no cool abilities as a super powered soldier now. And as for a lot of you who didn't like halo 5. Il bet you didn't give it a chance. And if you didn't play it you have no clue as to how skillful and nuanced the game was. I didn't like the campaign. Ok. I liked the multiplayer. Yes there trying to make it a combination of everything. But halo ce was 20 years ago and I did play the hell out of it n every halo. If you didn't like halo 5 your probably just not a very good player n your happy now because the game will be easier for you. But I'm telling you it's not good for the brand that the prequel to infinite had more abilities, and endless possibilities in combat. Compared to this. If they just kept the dodge. That alone would of separated it from everyother shooter. And say nothing for lore continuity. What they could do all this stuff as Spartans but now they can't. Read a book see what a spartan can actually do. Like they took abilities AWAY. Copied apex with a grappling hook. Big deal lol. It's not unique. I've already played this multiplayer in reach. N countless hours of it. Do you really think this game is going to pull top streamers and pros away from other shooters that are more fun? N more skillful games? The game literally went backwards. What about having a counter to the sword or hammer with a one pump shotgun. I like the bulldog but they didn't have to throw out the old guns. Where's my dmr. Where's all the promethian weapons? U don't make a sequel on a new gen console n PC. With less in it then it's precessor. Halo 5 was victem to a bad time in Xbox. N a bad campaign. The multiplayer was the best thing I ever played. This is a betrayal. But go jog around strafe n shoot each other with little else Todo. See how long that's fun for when we are used to games giving us so much more. N I guess forget what the Spartans could do. Did you know about spring jumping? Using the crouch jump n float mechanic to get to higher areas? The dash slide jump to get where your going fast n I'm sorry. But I played the flight the 4v4 maps are not smaller. The halo 5 maps were not bigger like people keep saying. They just are not. There exact same size. As halo 5 4v4 maps so some of you simply don't have the facts correct. It's a step backwards in what I could do in the game. It's been years I expected it to change. But I also expected some semblance of continuation. And a lot of fun abilities. I hope it's better when it drops cuz right now I'm just saying if I'm saying anything. It's not gunna compete with these other games. You run faster in call of duty for God sake. Spartans can run who knows exactly how fast there's been different instences in the books. But there very fast very strong. Very smart. With incredible reflex's and eyesight due to augmentation. Now I just feel like a guy with a helmet in. But ya it's gunna be fine. At least all you sprint haters can now play a unskillful game n feel good cuz u can finally get a few kills withought them escaping you. Guess what try n get away from a good player in Halo 5. With all those abilities. You couldn't. Your nostalgia for 10 to 15 year old halos has devolved the series. When people don't play much compared to more fun shooters I won't be surprised. I'm gunna play campaign give the multiplayer a chance. But I think I know how it's gunna feel from the flight. Frustrating. The aim assist is messed up. Frame drops. The guns don't feel right. The abilities are few n far between with a limit on how many times u can use them. It's just the old way. They coulda been brave and evolved halo 5 n still made consessions to make people happy. They didn't need to totally change it AGAIN. every halo is getting the rest button hit. It's not good for it. They had a good multiplayer in Halo 5 they shoulda built off it while balancing wat was o.p. but they're being cowards. N trying to please everyone which is impossible. So enjoy your halo 3 sequel. That game is from a gone era. Halo was always the pinnacle of movement meets aim n good decisions. Now it's certainly not the best movement game nemore. Whatever enjoy using a spartan who runs 10 mph. That's not the chief that's not a spartan. That's a normal guy in really heavy armour. It's to hard to explain. But the loss of a higher SKILL sealing is the biggest let down. You won't need to b as good in this game. So people won't grind. Youl see
I have thousands of hours in H5. The major issues with the game is the broken aiming system. The multiplayer could have been very good, but the broken aiming system made it a chore to play and 90% pistol shooting, annoyng as -Yoink-. That aside, I did not dislike the movement implementation, I liked the idea of the spartans literally devouring the map, but the aiming system made it too taxing to play. I truly believed that people pointed their finger at the spartan abilities because they did not realize that the bad aiming was what made these SA so annoying. As a metter of fact, the beta was much better than the final game, cause the aiming was still classic.

That said, after playing Halo 5 for years I switched to PC and therefore I only got the MCC, and classic halo to me is funnier. Couldn't care less about the books. The gamplay has depth because it's well thought, not because it has two hundreds movements. It's what you could do with simple basis that made it so engaging. That's how the great game in history were made. Deep, not complex.

Oh, and by the way your whole point seems to start from the idea that Halo 5 was a huge success. It wasn't.
Quote:
It's just like a old halo game.
Yep, and that's exactly what we've been screaming for the past 8 years.
We want Halo, if you want zoomfest pound 9000 there are tons of them out there.

Halo should be uniquely Halo.
If valve made a new counterstrike and changed to formula to COD, it's audience would be enraged like the Halo audience has been since 343 took over.
Quote:
I posted this a long time ago, but sprint was an illusion. They had to make the maps bigger to accommodate sprint. Feel free to read. My thoughts on sprint in halo. Now that sprint has been relegated to a small increase, they can finally make smaller sized arena maps that no longer take you days to traverse without sprinting.
I think the radar was shrunk for a similar effect. Because the radar has a reduced range it allows for players to get closer to each other without becoming hyper-aware of the other.
Movement actually feels a bit faster than classic halo, especially due to the grapple hook. But this is how halo is, you can't just run and gun everywhere, you need to learn maps, have positioning, be on your guard.

I dare say that limiting radar to sprint and firing is the way to go. Reward tactical use of sprint.

Movement felt really damn good tbh.
What's funny is that while I loved H5, I don't feel like this game is any slower. It's actually the opposite coming back from infinite flight, H5 spartan feels sluggish as your spartan movement is not as responsive. In infinite you can change direction very easily which really helps dodging grenades, getting to cover etc... In H5 the spartan has so much inerta/momentum that you have to use the thrusters to do these things.
I personally feel cracked when playing infinite, I've been smashing buttons on my controller like crazy, combat are super fast pace IMO.
Quote:
I've played every halo. I've loved every multiplayer. Say what you want about halo 5 but it was a successful multiplayer. A successful and natural evolution to the franchise.

I felt like a spartan. I could make amazingly cool plays and kills. Sprint is Soo slow in the flighting it's sad. What makes you different now halo. Add some sprint speed or slide speed or wall jump. Or anything. Because here's why, listen close. Now you went backwards.

And halo is no different than any other game. In fact apex now is way more mobile and fun. I want to feel like a spartan. Not a sluggish armoured soldier. Innovate or die. Nothing out there was like halo 5. And in your quest to please everyone. All these old school no sprint players who probably never were gunna play much anyways, are still complaining because there is a sprint.

And all of us that enjoyed the skillful fast paced play that was started in reach n evolved into 4 and halo 5 is now gone. This feels a reach sequel not. A halo 5 sequel. I want halo to be my favorite shooter. But if it's no fun because I'm not doing anything stimulating or fast or skillful. I'm not gunna play it when you have other games that have the exact same mechanics but do them better. Like apex. How are you going to survive in the genre like you wanted when you devolved the game. When it does nothing you can't do or get in these new games.

I'm shocked. N mad. Kiki broke her promise again I m.o. she said halo 5 multiplayer was a great success. N the campaign needed to be fixed. She said they were going in the right direction with the multiplayer, and she was right. Now it's stripped to bear bones movement. I felt like a slug. It wasn't fun.

I couldn't get away or make fun plays. Cuz I had no tools or abilities Todo so like I did in h 5. It just blows my mind that your biggest franchise your making irrelevant trying to please people who don't want to be able to sprint or have abilities. Like new things are what we want not Togo backwards. And again infinite now does nothing to separate it from it competion.

Itl take less skill be less fun than halo 5. There was nothing out like halo 5. Why make your game like everyother game but even slower with less abilities. I don't understand. I can only speak for myself but I expected this sequel to add to the games that came before.

This feels like another reset. And with it being less fun n less unique. How is it gunna hold up against the competion. Hope y'all halo so called purist are happy. I'm a halo purist I've played them all n liked them all. And I love the lore. Read a lot of the books. I played to feel like a future super shoulder. A halo unsc spartan. Not a sluggish soldier, or a new take on halo reach or back to being a spartan 3. That can clamber.

Thx. N I can't even pick a starting ability. You took away 6 or 7 starting abilities and are now gunna make me fight over those on the map too. Great I'm not surprised. But I am disappointed. At least add a lil more sprint or slide speed. FOR THE SAKE OF THE FRANCHISE. if someone wants to play a halo with no sprint u did that already. N updated it for them. You didn't need to stop innovating and evolving your amazing multiplayer. I still like it. But it's not unique anymore.

N what it offers is not as much as other games in the same space offer now because you got scared n went backwards instead of adding to a very fun and successful halo 5 multiplayer, like you said you would. N you stripped it down n now it feels like another halo game.

But a dumbed down type of halo. It's been a long time since halo 5. And this is your sequel to that. And to what those Spartans could do. The only thing unique about halo infinite is the soundtrack. While halo 5 is still the only fps like it. Your going backwards not forwards and I certainly am disappointed

The short answer: No, in my opinion.
The movement in INFINITE is bang on.

HALO 5 was a mess of boosting and flinging yourself around the map. Some players liked it, some did not. I was not a massive fan as I felt the 'gunskill' element was taken away from the focus of what HALO was and it was more about who could boost and fly around the map more effectively than actually shoot each other.

INFINITE feels a lot more 'gunskill' based whilst still being able to sprint. The grapple is actually cool, even though I have seen the videos of people flying around like SpiderMan... It's still a cool feature to have as it is not a standard mechanic that completely dictates the gameplay and flow of the game itself.

If you think it is too slow, maybe keep playing and get used to it, improve your shot and adapt. I would highly doubt they will make changes at this stage and I hope they don't as INFINITE feels like the truest adaptation of a HALO game since 343 took over. I have high hopes for it and have so far thoroughly enjoyed my time playing. I was a massive fan of HALO back in the day and played religiously up until HALO 4, in which I then switched off slightly and almost never played 5 at all. INFINITE has re-sparked my enjoyment of the franchise and the gameplay feels solid and true to how it should play.

You mentioned about Spartans being able to jump and do all this other stuff that is true to their actual physical abilities... But it's not a sim... it is a game and it should be made as such. If you wanted realism, the Spartans should be running around at about 50mph jumping 60 feet in the air and punching holes in walls... lol
As for you pumpkin. Who are you to say halo 5 was a mistake. And you don't want to fly around the map but a grapple hook is okay? Lol isn't that flying around the map. History lession Spartans can climb n jump up a mountain they don't need pathfinders grappling hook. N in fact I've never seen a gmspartan talk about it use that in the games or lore. And innovate. Halo 5 has a fanbase to this day. It had a amazing multiplayer community. Halo didn't die halo 5 m.p. was a return to form. U guys are acting like halo 5 was sooo much faster it wasn't! You just had more tools. Certainly halo 5 didn't die. It multiplayer is still played to this day. It's just only available on console. It's up to 60fps. It's still gets serviced. Does that sound dead. Get your facts right man. N doom is hardly a good example that game isn't multiplayer. N it had really fast movement n all kinds of moves n weapons. Crap example There wasn't hyper movement" it was just a evolution. And them trying to make us feel like what we are. SPARTANS! AND YEAH I WILL GO BACK N PLAY APEX N WhATEVER ELSE BECAUSE ITS GUNNA FUN TO BE ABLE TODO STUFF. I don't want to fly around the map. I want to feel like a spartan I want some continuity in there sequels. The only reason there not keeping more of halo 5. Is because it was during a time when more people owned a playstation. N couldn't play halo on PC. It's a casualty of it's time. That's it. I don't want hyper movement. I want possibilities to engage enemies in different exciting ways. All they need Todo was keep the dodge n some thruster stuff. Idont mind the speed of the movement. But in the absence of other abilities moving this slow movement with nothing but slide ain't engaging. Have fun going up against a team of 4. N u have no tools to fight back n get spawn killed repeatedly because of it. You don't get it pumpkin. It's alright sit down don't hurt urself. In Halo 5 if I was outnumbered my tools at least gave me a chance to kill one or a couple guys outnumbering me. Or weaken them. What are you gunna do now. Shoot who u can. Throw a grenade. Ya il maybe get a kill. Youl never get a overkill when a coordinated group of two to 4 people are team shooting you. Youl have zero options. But that's what you guys want so. Okay.
Spoiler youl get wrecked n frustrated. Btw there is a thrust ha. So I guess Halo agrees with me. Huh
Quote:
As for you pumpkin. Who are you to say halo 5 was a mistake. And you don't want to fly around the map but a grapple hook is okay? Lol isn't that flying around the map. History lession Spartans can climb n jump up a mountain they don't need pathfinders grappling hook. N in fact I've never seen a gmspartan talk about it use that in the games or lore. And innovate. Halo 5 has a fanbase to this day. It had a amazing multiplayer community. Halo didn't die halo 5 m.p. was a return to form. U guys are acting like halo 5 was sooo much faster it wasn't! You just had more tools. Certainly halo 5 didn't die. It multiplayer is still played to this day. It's just only available on console. It's up to 60fps. It's still gets serviced. Does that sound dead. Get your facts right man. N doom is hardly a good example that game isn't multiplayer. N it had really fast movement n all kinds of moves n weapons. Crap example There wasn't hyper movement" it was just a evolution. And them trying to make us feel like what we are. SPARTANS! AND YEAH I WILL GO BACK N PLAY APEX N WhATEVER ELSE BECAUSE ITS GUNNA FUN TO BE ABLE TODO STUFF. I don't want to fly around the map. I want to feel like a spartan I want some continuity in there sequels. The only reason there not keeping more of halo 5. Is because it was during a time when more people owned a playstation. N couldn't play halo on PC. It's a casualty of it's time. That's it. I don't want hyper movement. I want possibilities to engage enemies in different exciting ways. All they need Todo was keep the dodge n some thruster stuff. Idont mind the speed of the movement. But in the absence of other abilities moving this slow movement with nothing but slide ain't engaging. Have fun going up against a team of 4. N u have no tools to fight back n get spawn killed repeatedly because of it. You don't get it pumpkin. It's alright sit down don't hurt urself. In Halo 5 if I was outnumbered my tools at least gave me a chance to kill one or a couple guys outnumbering me. Or weaken them. What are you gunna do now. Shoot who u can. Throw a grenade. Ya il maybe get a kill. Youl never get a overkill when a coordinated group of two to 4 people are team shooting you. Youl have zero options. But that's what you guys want so. Okay.
Spoiler youl get wrecked n frustrated. Btw there is a thrust ha. So I guess Halo agrees with me. Huh
out numbered in any FPS your probably going to die regardless of movement, they also have the advanced movement so the outcome is still the same your out numbered and out gunned
I’m just gonna be that guy now and say, “you can still play Halo 5, we don’t want Halo 5.5 we want a new Halo game” like all the Halo 4 and 5 fans used to say to the OG Halo fans.
You seem to take it very personally that some people have different interpretations of Halo than you. Even in Halo 3 I felt superhuman given that I could leap 15 feet in the air, shoot while jumping with perfect accuracy, flip over tanks by myself, hop on and take over vehicles that got close to me, and beat 9 foot tall aliens to death with my fists.
Quote:
I posted this a long time ago, but sprint was an illusion. They had to make the maps bigger to accommodate sprint. Feel free to read. My thoughts on sprint in halo. Now that sprint has been relegated to a small increase, they can finally make smaller sized arena maps that no longer take you days to traverse without sprinting.
Halo 5 is faster and is not an illusion. If you go by only sprint then yes, it takes longer to traverse the map. If you factor in all its movement options like thrust, clamber, and slide along with sprint, it is faster to traverse than previous halos while allowing you to shoot in multiple directions as before.

I personally really like infinite though and it's a nice change of pace.
Quote:
Quote:
Halo 5 is faster and is not an illusion. If you go by only sprint then yes, it takes longer to traverse the map. If you factor in all its movement options like thrust, clamber, and slide along with sprint, it is faster to traverse than previous halos while allowing you to shoot in multiple directions as before.

They literally double the size of the maps to accommodate all of those movement abilities in 5. Just boot up Halo 2 and walk from flag room dmg long pink 2 to the other flag room. Then boot up H5, so the same thing with sprinting going the same route. You will arrive pretty much the same time.

So at that point, why even add in sprint? So that I made people FEEL like they were getting somewhere faster, but in reality, they would have just made the maps smaller due to no movement abilities.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They literally double the size of the maps to accommodate all of those movement abilities in 5. Just boot up Halo 2 and walk from flag room dmg long pink 2 to the other flag room. Then boot up H5, so the same thing with sprinting going the same route. You will arrive pretty much the same time.

So at that point, why even add in sprint? So that I made people FEEL like they were getting somewhere faster, but in reality, they would have just made the maps smaller due to no movement abilities.
Your not wrong if you only refer to Sprint. I was talking about halo 5 movement as a whole. When using all the abilities, it's faster.
The thing about Infinite is that when you watch casuals play it looks like Halo 3. But when you watch the pros play it looks like Halo 5. And yet, it's the same game.

The sandbox is apparently quite flexible. And hey, if everyone feels like they won than I guess we're in a good place.
I think they should increase the normal walking speed in this game. I find it feels slow/sluggish.
Interesting view point I’ve seen so many people complaining about how it’s too fast. Personally I love the movement in this. It feels very Halo-like, all about momentum and physics.
I can actually feel my IQ dropping reading this twoddle.
Halo infinite is perfect combination of new and old without the cheap Halo 5 gimmicks
Quote:
I've played every halo. I've loved every multiplayer. Say what you want about halo 5 but it was a successful multiplayer. A successful and natural evolution to the franchise. I felt like a spartan. I could make amazingly cool plays and kills. Sprint is Soo slow in the flighting it's sad. What makes you different now halo. Add some sprint speed or slide speed or wall jump. Or anything. Because here's why, listen close. Now you went backwards. And halo is no different than any other game. In fact apex now is way more mobile and fun. I want to feel like a spartan. Not a sluggish armoured soldier. Innovate or die. Nothing out there was like halo 5. And in your quest to please everyone. All these old school no sprint players who probably never were gunna play much anyways, are still complaining because there is a sprint. And all of us that enjoyed the skillful fast paced play that was started in reach n evolved into 4 and halo 5 is now gone. This feels a reach sequel not. A halo 5 sequel. I want halo to be my favorite shooter. But if it's no fun because I'm not doing anything stimulating or fast or skillful. I'm not gunna play it when you have other games that have the exact same mechanics but do them better. Like apex. How are you going to survive in the genre like you wanted when you devolved the game. When it does nothing you can't do or get in these new games. I'm shocked. N mad. Kiki broke her promise again I m.o. she said halo 5 multiplayer was a great success. N the campaign needed to be fixed. She said they were going in the right direction with the multiplayer, and she was right. Now it's stripped to bear bones movement. I felt like a slug. It wasn't fun. I couldn't get away or make fun plays. Cuz I had no tools or abilities Todo so like I did in h 5. It just blows my mind that your biggest franchise your making irrelevant trying to please people who don't want to be able to sprint or have abilities. Like new things are what we want not Togo backwards. And again infinite now does nothing to separate it from it competion. Itl take less skill be less fun than halo 5. There was nothing out like halo 5. Why make your game like everyother game but even slower with less abilities. I don't understand. I can only speak for myself but I expected this sequel to add to the games that came before. This feels like another reset. And with it being less fun n less unique. How is it gunna hold up against the competion. Hope y'all halo so called purist are happy. I'm a halo purist I've played them all n liked them all. And I love the lore. Read a lot of the books. I played to feel like a future super shoulder. A halo unsc spartan. Not a sluggish soldier, or a new take on halo reach or back to being a spartan 3. That can clamber. Thx. N I can't even pick a starting ability. You took away 6 or 7 starting abilities and are now gunna make me fight over those on the map too. Great I'm not surprised. But I am disappointed. At least add a lil more sprint or slide speed. FOR THE SAKE OF THE FRANCHISE. if someone wants to play a halo with no sprint u did that already. N updated it for them. You didn't need to stop innovating and evolving your amazing multiplayer. I still like it. But it's not unique anymore. N what it offers is not as much as other games in the same space offer now because you got scared n went backwards instead of adding to a very fun and successful halo 5 multiplayer, like you said you would. N you stripped it down n now it feels like another halo game. But a dumbed down type of halo. It's been a long time since halo 5. And this is your sequel to that. And to what those Spartans could do. The only thing unique about halo infinite is the soundtrack. While halo 5 is still the only fps like it. Your going backwards not forwards and I certainly am disappointed
To each there own. As much as I loved halo 5’a mechanics, it was all way to much for halo. I get ur super shoulder😂. Original halo was just better and that’s subjective for sure but everything about it was just so unique to itself. As much as I love the mew iterations they just feel generic in a way compared to the others. It was the original creators baby now the stepdad is raising it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4