Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Is this what the new guardians look like?

OP xAXIOS

A new add for Xbox

if you freeze the video it look like some sort of ship with a face? Is this the new guardians upgraded by cortana or the harbringer? It looks like chief destroyed the ship, like in h2. Thoughts?
xAXIOS wrote:
A new add for Xbox if you freeze the video it look like some sort of ship with a face? Is this the new guardians upgraded by cortana or the harbringer? It looks like chief destroyed the ship, like in h2. Thoughts?
good find. OP is referring to pause at 00:22. Possibly a ship that can compose an entire planet in moments? It doesn't look covenant or banished oriented. I see some architecture similar to those "minecraft" pillars at 00:55 where the guy is staring at a girl (girl is on the pillars). also at the 1:00 mark near the bottom right hand corner looks to be a possible forerunner planet? What if cortana is crafting worlds in her image and giving the created a life/planet of their own?

its fun to speculate
I doubt that face ship is related to Halo at all. Multiple games/franchises are represented in that ad.
Chimera30 wrote:
I doubt that face ship is related to Halo at all. Multiple games/franchises are represented in that ad.
Agreed. Makes me wonder what pieces of this trailer are foreshadowing future unannounced exclusives. The face ship? Possibly Initiatives new AAAA game?
Chimera30 wrote:
im not too familiar which games are referenced in the ad outside of Halo. Could you elaborate?
Chimera30 wrote:
im not too familiar which games are referenced in the ad outside of Halo. Could you elaborate?
Without going into a deep dive I saw AC: Valhalla, Halo, and Destiny.
speedyjr11 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Without going into a deep dive I saw AC: Valhalla, Halo, and Destiny.
Alright, havent played any of those games (outside of halo obviously). thanks for the info.
That's unlikely to be Halo at all. Watch the scene where Chief smash-lands on the ground. You can see an animal skeleton and a wreck of a sailing ship behind him (the ship also appears before the face where the guy suddenly hovers above the sea). I suggest you do not read too much into these non-specific trailers. They're meant to advertise the entire Xbox platform, not any particular game.
That's unlikely to be Halo at all. Watch the scene where Chief smash-lands on the ground. You can see an animal skeleton and a wreck of a sailing ship behind him (the ship also appears before the face where the guy suddenly hovers above the sea). I suggest you do not read too much into these non-specific trailers. They're meant to advertise the entire Xbox platform, not any particular game.
yeah i was enlightened to the other games in the marketing...no fun police in full force
yeah i was enlightened to the other games in the marketing...no fun police in full force
Wasn't trying to "police", sorry if you felt that way.
xAXIOS wrote:
A new add for Xbox if you freeze the video it look like some sort of ship with a face? Is this the new guardians upgraded by cortana or the harbringer? It looks like chief destroyed the ship, like in h2. Thoughts?
good find. OP is referring to pause at 00:22. Possibly a ship that can compose an entire planet in moments? It doesn't look covenant or banished oriented. I see some architecture similar to those "minecraft" pillars at 00:55 where the guy is staring at a girl (girl is on the pillars). also at the 1:00 mark near the bottom right hand corner looks to be a possible forerunner planet? What if cortana is crafting worlds in her image and giving the created a life/planet of their own?

its fun to speculate
I like that theory, I’ve been theorizing that infinite will have more enemy factions then just the Banished! But wouldn’t they show up in toy reveals, since that’s how we are getting our information. We still don’t know anything, any theory doesn’t sound to far fetched at the moment.
Chimera30 wrote:
Haven't all games for the new Xbox been announced? What makes it seem directly tied to Halo is that when the machine is sucking up the life Chief is being shot down into the planet like he just planted a bomb in it. Not like later in the trailer where there’s random worlds.
I'm more inclined to believe the face on the ship is the advertisement-person's face.
I feel like that's not Halo related. Probably just something created for the ad.
That would certainly make them more intimidating if they could devour planets like Galactus...