1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Tresor564 wrote:
Guys it’s clear that Halo will never go back to Classic Movement because it’s boring, honestly I think we just need to accept the change and adapt to sprint in halo and slide as well I’m sure it will be good just give it a chance y’all.
Actually tested the sprint and slide settings in Halo 5: Guardians with strafe acceleration. It actually reminded me of Halo 3 and how the fights were more ground game.
I refuse to play a game with Call of Duty mechanics that are simply copied into the game to appeal to Call of Duty players who have trouble with video games.
I am a PC gamer.
No its not time .... How can classic Movement mechanics be boring if they are well made ? besides Halo other shooters and very succesful ones like counter strike or Doom have classic movement.
As a fan of classic and modern Halo... I can say Halo campaign needs sprint in HI.
SNIPE 316 wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
Guys it’s clear that Halo will never go back to Classic Movement because it’s boring
Are you seriously saying that when you pick up your copy of Halo 3, insert the disc and jump into the best video game campaign of all time, you find the gameplay boring? And that's because it doesn't have sprint? Is that honestly what you're trying to tell us?
Maybe I have the wrong disc, but when I insert my H3 disc it doesn't let me play Halo 2...

You must have the special edition or something.
XD Fine. Halo 2 then. Point still stands. :P
Got to adapt to a slower game, terrific
Tresor564 wrote:
Guys it’s clear that Halo will never go back to Classic Movement because it’s boring
Are you seriously saying that when you pick up your copy of Halo 3, insert the disc and jump into the best video game campaign of all time, you find the gameplay boring? And that's because it doesn't have sprint? Is that honestly what you're trying to tell us?
No that’s not what he’s saying, you’re mischaracterizing his argument on purpose. Obviously Halo 3’s campaign is great and it isn’t ruined simply because there is no option to sprint so get out of here with that nonsense lol.

I played Halo 3 last week, and started on the mission “The Ark”. In the beginning of the level when you are fighting past those unfinished AA cannons, I found myself back tracking a few times to get more ammo for the BR when I would get low. It’s painful man. It’s really really painful. Chief literally “walks” so slow it hurts, especially after playing Halo 5 for so long. I found myself closing my eyes and hoping I’d appear at the BRs in the drop pods earlier in the level MAYBE sometime before my 90th birthday.
I don’t get everybody’s issue with sprint. Did everybody hate it in Reach too?
Yes, pretty much.
Which, ironically, was the reason that 343's first order of business after taking over from Bungie was to make new multiplayer playlists without sprint and bloom.
Sprint has stayed with the franchise since and bloom seems to return with Infinite.
I guess we've come full circle now.
Tresor564 wrote:
I’m mostly talking about multiplayer I could care less about the campaign
Tresor564 wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
To be fair 3's maps aren't that great. 2 by far has the best maps and CE has better MP than 3.
Tresor564 wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
To be fair 3's maps aren't that great. 2 by far has the best maps and CE has better MP than 3.
It’s more of a mixed bag 3s maps range from really bad to masterpieces that I would lose to see come back
Tresor564 wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
It’s more of a mixed bag 3s maps range from really bad to masterpieces that I would lose to see come back
I just want me some midship, lockout, blood gultch and headlong
Nah, I think I'm just not going to buy Infinite and lament the death of a franchise I once felt was near and dear to me. I loved Halo, I loved Halo a lot. But 343 clearly does not know how to make a good Halo game. I played 58 hours of Halo 5, and I'm completely sick of it.
Tylli wrote:
In my opinion sprint is a good addition to Halo. It changes the pace of the game.
So does changing the base movement speed.
In order to have both they would need to make at least 30 unique maps (which they wont do, or they will just insult us by giving us crappy forge maps) because as we have seen taking sprint out but not having the appropriate size maps just means you're walking around on these battlefield size maps not getting into engagements and it's boring. No. They have to commit to no sprint or full sprint.

Or to placate the new fans to the series at least give an alternative like moving quicker with pistol out or whatever.
Tresor564 wrote:
Guys it’s clear that Halo will never go back to Classic Movement because it’s boring, honestly I think we just need to accept the change and adapt to sprint in halo and slide as well I’m sure it will be good just give it a chance y’all.
"boring" lol, no. more boring to have to put my gun down to get anywhere
doom eternal and 2016 don't have sprint, are they boring?
and, to anyone saying it makes games more modern, did you know doom 93 had sprint?
and, to anyone saying it makes games more modern, did you know doom 93 had sprint?
By a very loose definition, which also encompasses the multiple walking speeds of classic Halo. Doom had the ability to run at two different speeds, and that's it. Since it was just a speed toggle that didn't impact use of any other mechanics, it's not useful to call it sprint since, as noted above, Halo CE, 2, and 3 also had the ability to run at two (and more) different speeds.

The first game (that I know of) to have a sprint as a mechanic that allows the player to run faster at the expense of combat abilities was GTA III in 2001.
tsassi wrote:
By a very loose definition, which also encompasses the multiple walking speeds of classic Halo. Doom had the ability to run at two different speeds, and that's it. Since it was just a speed toggle that didn't impact use of any other mechanics, it's not useful to call it sprint since, as noted above, Halo CE, 2, and 3 also had the ability to run at two (and more) different speeds.

The first game (that I know of) to have a sprint as a mechanic that allows the player to run faster at the expense of combat abilities was GTA III in 2001.
Fair, but, it's still a similar idea. Why can't halos "sprint" be a boost in speed like doom 93, or, just boost base speed in general like doom 16?
Honestly I never understood why people don’t like sprint. Almost every modern game has it, it’s not that deep of an issue to me.

It’s a sign of the times, the game has sprint. I think causing such a fuss over running is kind of ridiculous
TheDonCJG wrote:
Honestly I never understood why people don’t like sprint. Almost every modern game has it, it’s not that deep of an issue to me.

It’s a sign of the times, the game has sprint. I think causing such a fuss over running is kind of ridiculous
If you increase the base movement speed, you can constantly move fast in any direction and use weapons at the same time. Sprint mechanics take away you ability to use weapons and makes you move fast in only one direction.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5