[Locked] It’s Time to Adapt to Sprint

OP Tresor564

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
I really don't understand why 343 is keeping sprint given all the issues it raises. Only purpose of sprint is faster movement, you can just increase BMS and keep thrusters. the campaign being open world already puts emphasis on vehicle use anyway. in the demo shown using sprint in those areas wasnt necessary to begin with, its just a pointless animation.
I never had problems with sprinting in halo, I was very happy the first time I could see sprinting in halo because this way you progress faster the gameplay becomes more active and intense, then with the slide and the impunlso to dodge everything was better , now the combat in PVP becomes more fluid, more competitive and more interesting, a real challenge I think people who complain about spartan abilities is because they are bad at aiming, shooting and fighting. Halo 5 multiplayer improved a lot thanks to sprint, slide, dodge, climb and ram. I don't understand why they hate those skills, would they rather be slow? Spartans must be fast, agile, strong, dynamic, they must be better than their enemy, and those abilities make them better than their enemies because this is how a true Spartan should be. let halo evolve
I think people who complain about spartan abilities is because they are bad at aiming, shooting and fighting.
Interesting.
I think my stats only went up with each Halo, despite me disliking many of the new additions.
I recall some pro's arguing against new abilities.
There was even a champion level player in the other advanced movement thread being against sprint.

I don't understand why they hate those skills, would they rather be slow?
I recommend doing some reading in the various threads regarding this.
Speed can be achieved through other means than those mechanics.

let halo evolve
Edit: thought of a different thread where it was linked.
Here's a link for you.
tsassi wrote:
The first game (that I know of) to have a sprint as a mechanic that allows the player to run faster at the expense of combat abilities was GTA III in 2001.
Super Mario Bros. would like to have a word with you.
B shoots the super flower. Keeping B pressed gives you an increase in speed and less maneuverability.
Unless you specifically refer to 3D games.
I never had problems with sprinting in halo, I was very happy the first time I could see sprinting in halo because this way you progress faster the gameplay becomes more active and intense, then with the slide and the impunlso to dodge everything was better , now the combat in PVP becomes more fluid, more competitive and more interesting, a real challenge I think people who complain about spartan abilities is because they are bad at aiming, shooting and fighting. Halo 5 multiplayer improved a lot thanks to sprint, slide, dodge, climb and ram. I don't understand why they hate those skills, would they rather be slow? Spartans must be fast, agile, strong, dynamic, they must be better than their enemy, and those abilities make them better than their enemies because this is how a true Spartan should be. let halo evolve
And I would counter with: Players that need these gimmicks, these get out of jail one button press abilities..have no map awareness and in general arent good at Halo. I can do this all day, your arguments are old and tired. It's got nothing to do with whether players that dont want abilities or sprint in the game are good at it or not.
Tresor564 wrote:
Guys it’s clear that Halo will never go back to Classic Movement because it’s boring
Are you seriously saying that when you pick up your copy of Halo 3, insert the disc and jump into the best video game campaign of all time, you find the gameplay boring? And that's because it doesn't have sprint? Is that honestly what you're trying to tell us?
People who defend sprint always say this. "Classic is boring" But there is no data on this.
343 has refused to make a Halo game with classic game play.
At this point is probably because they are afraid that for the past 10 years. They were wrong.
Boring - yeah like Doom Eternal was sooooo boring without sprint, wasn’t it?! Kids these days need animations of sprint to feel the illusion of traveling quicker. Even in the demo they showed sprint felt not much quicker in my opinion - it’s so senseless and adds nothing to gameplay.
And I would counter with: Players that need these gimmicks, these get out of jail one button press abilities..have no map awareness and in general arent good at Halo. I can do this all day, your arguments are old and tired. It's got nothing to do with whether players that dont want abilities or sprint in the game are good at it or not.
THIS. I was killing it in Halo 5, with an average of around 12-15 kills. I stopped playing it after a few games, because it was more spectacle than immersive gameplay...
Celestis wrote:
I don’t get everybody’s issue with sprint. Did everybody hate it in Reach too?
Yes, pretty much.
Which, ironically, was the reason that 343's first order of business after taking over from Bungie was to make new multiplayer playlists without sprint and bloom.
Sprint has stayed with the franchise since and bloom seems to return with Infinite.
I guess we've come full circle now.
I agree that bloom was a ball ache.
Tresor564 wrote:
Guys it’s clear that Halo will never go back to Classic Movement because it’s boring, honestly I think we just need to accept the change and adapt to sprint in halo and slide as well I’m sure it will be good just give it a chance y’all.
"boring" lol, no. more boring to have to put my gun down to get anywhere
doom eternal and 2016 don't have sprint, are they boring?
and, to anyone saying it makes games more modern, did you know doom 93 had sprint?
You which is why you should probably only sprint to get near an enemy while staying out of his line of site.
I hate sprint and spartan abilities and have 0 problem aiming, shooting, and fighting. The fact that I have a 1.527 KD on H5 despite only ever playing it on drunk Halo night is a testament to that, so it's definitely not a situation of only bad players hating these mechanics as you are implying.

Sprint and spartan abilities have negatively affected map design and lead to lengthed encounters by turning combat into an annoying cat and mouse game every time someone sprints away when they're losing a fight. We hate these mechanics purely because they lead to slower encounters and are unfun.

The argument for sprint needing to be included because spartans should be able to run is also a dumb one because you could also say spartans should be able to run in all directions without having to put their weapon down, which can easily be achieved by simply increasing base movement speed. By removing sprint and increasing base movement maps will no longer have to be stretched out to accommodate sprint and you will no longer have to play cat and mouse in combat situations.
There is not enough people who want a classic halo. You guys represent the vocal minority and like many others will move on to something else. I personally dont want a complete classic halo. I want the combat to evolve and want chief be the badass he could not be due to hardware limitations or lack of vision. The last of us got crucified unlike any game i have ever seen and yet sold millions...so will halo... But this time it will gain a new following as it should. MCC is the classic halo u want infinite is the halo i want. With improved graphics of course. Which 343 will certainly do and can do...you want proof,look at battlefield 3 before graphics patch, night and day difference in every sense of the word. Gameplay is king friends. Sprint is here to stay ...some old school players have made the sprint transition and some have not which is why this is still a discussion ten years later..evolve people
I don’t get everybody’s issue with sprint. Did everybody hate it in Reach too?

I remember seeing sprint on gameplay before release thinking “surely that shouldn’t be in a halo game”. I adapted very quickly and it still keeps the core mechanics intact in my opinion. The other armour abilities however...
I hated Reaches sprint... Why? Becasue as I've said many times before, it dosent feel "natural". You need a frigging equipment to be able to sprint... as a spartan!?
Ironically Im all for sprint and other mobility armor abilities being pickups in MP. Becasue map control and flow of combat is so much more important there, especially in the competive scen with exceptions for those comps that want such things in though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5