1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Is anyone else a little jaded about the fact that we only got one exclusive FPS installment in the Halo franchise for the entire Xbox One generation (and even then, it only included the Chief in 2 missions)?
Yes, but I was born jaded. However; halo infinite is set for the Xbox one, pc, and Xbox scarlet.
The fact that a game isn't exclusive to a particular platform is the last thing I'd be jaded about.
Im more worried about the x1 holding infinite back on whats now old hardware. Im worried itll lead to another corridor shooter halo 4 style if they are pushing the x1 graphix further leading to smaller linear levels. But i also have an x1 and no plans to upgrade so technically its good for me that its cross gen and d1 was cross gen and still had sizable semi open world environments so we will see. maybe its just the halo engine was really not working by h4/5.
I never really thought about it like that.. A few years ago I bought an Xbox One and played the games available to it. I just don't think in terms of exclusives. I think in terms of what I can play regardless. And while they aren't Xbox One exclusives, you can play every Halo FPS title on the Xbox One thanks to MCC and Reach backwards compatibility. And Reach is coming to MCC.

I'm sorry you feel jaded about that, but I guess I'm just not really sure why when you can play all of them on Xbox One anyway.
tsassi wrote:
The fact that a game isn't exclusive to a particular platform is the last thing I'd be jaded about.
I agree on this.
for comparison, the original xbox also got only 2 Halo games.
By the way, there were 2 games for the Xbox One family if I am allowed to nitpick.
The MCC (because of H2A) and H5G - not talking about H:I coming out next year.
IMO nothing to be jaded about.
I think you shouldn't be since infinite is coming to the xbox one anyway so 2 mainline installments on xbone and im planning on saving all my money up after Christmas shopping and buy scarlett and halo infinite
Deleted
I'm more jaded by the overall quality and direction of AAA games on the X1 gen , rather than weather they are exclusives . Guardians is certainly one the poster boys of all the things done not so well and not so much fin the best interest of the consumer either .
Strange how I value and play a lot more of the 360 gen games and really see them as the golden age of gaming .
No, I wish Halo was on more platforms.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
tsassi wrote:
I agree on this.
for comparison, the original xbox also got only 2 Halo games.
By the way, there were 2 games for the Xbox One family if I am allowed to nitpick.
The MCC (because of H2A) and H5G - not talking about H:I coming out next year.
IMO nothing to be jaded about.
Good point! Thanks for bringing up MCC. Tbh, I'd much rather have the series all on the XB1 console than another installment. Thanks for changing my perspective!

Also, in response to some of the replies, I'm not jaded about the fact that Halo: Infinite isn't exclusive (I'm VERY thankful that it will be playable on XB1). I was expressing jaded..ness about the lack of releases on this generation. 360 gave us Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Halo 4, and Halo CE Anniversary (and Halo Wars).

To have only got 2 new missions with the Chief in the past 6 years was the cause of my ire.
Not sure you are all reading this remark correct.

Nalla78 wrote:
Yes, but I was born jaded. However; halo infinite is set for the Xbox one, pc, and Xbox scarlet.
The poster may have different intentions, but the way this is written, they ARE NOT jaded about it coming to different platforms. Its simple grammar. However should have a comma rather than a semi colon as its being employed as a transitional phrase. What Nalla78 is stating is that you shouldn't feel jaded BECAUSE Infinite is going to be on 3 platforms. They are saying this generation isn't over because HALO Infinite will be on X1.

Nalla78 wrote:
The poster may have different intentions, but the way this is written, they ARE NOT jaded about it coming to different platforms. Its simple grammar. However should have a comma rather than a semi colon as its being employed as a transitional phrase. What Nalla78 is stating is that you shouldn't feel jaded BECAUSE Infinite is going to be on 3 platforms. They are saying this generation isn't over because HALO Infinite will be on X1.
Thank you? I clearly stated that I (me, myself, I) as a character am jaded. I never added they, them, nor otherwise. The “however” being used was to indicate the opposite tone change of the previous sentence with reference to the topic at hand which is the accessibility of halo infinite. If you want to properly change my writing based on grammar then go forth and put in the corrections but try not to be so rude to put words in my mouth that I never said.
Nalla78 wrote:

Nalla78 wrote:
Thank you? I clearly stated that I (me, myself, I) as a character am jaded. I never added they, them, nor otherwise. The “however” being used was to indicate the opposite tone change of the previous sentence with reference to the topic at hand which is the accessibility of halo infinite. If you want to properly change my writing based on grammar then go forth and put in the corrections but try not to be so rude to put words in my mouth that I never said.
Ha ha exactly. I thought what you wrote was pretty clear.
Platform exclusivity is becoming less and less popular with people (see Epic Games Store and the recent Modern Warfare PS4 fiasco), and bringing Halo to PC will dramatically increase the series' popularity.
No. Why would such a thing bother me? Halo Infinite's releasing on the Xbox One as well as the Xbox Scarlett, so it isn't like you bought an Xbox One only to get a single main Halo title to buy for it.
Imagine if microsoft just ended development of halo after reach.... thatd be even more "jading"
Nah, I'm jaded because MCC was broken on release. It was months before it even worked. Did they ever fix saving in between campaign levels?

I'm jaded because 5 was stated multiple times it would support splitscreen then gradually it was reduced to only 2 players locally then down to 1 player only. I'm jaded because Halo 5 failed to have a local co-op option at all. I'm jaded because 3/4s of Halo 5 was shipped after the game launched. I'm jade because Halo 5 had almost no levels with Master Chief. I'm jaded because Halo 5 turned Cortana into the boogey man. I'm jaded because they tried to copy Fox's "24" turning Master Chief into the bad guy. It was weak, lazy creative that failed on every level.

I'm jaded based on past behavior of 343. I love Halo and only wish the best for the franchise. I really hope Infinity proves me wrong and they deliver on all their promises. Until then I'm jaded.
Multi-plat isn't the problem, general degradation of quality and subsequently popularity is. Making Halo more accessible is a good move to at least try to help with the popularity factor.
Across the lifespan of 360 we had Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Reach, and Halo 4. And all but the last one were amazing. So yeah a little.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2