1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Main thing i'm jaded about is 343s direction with halo. The bigger issue for me is how unappealing western AAA games have been to me since 2013. Compared to xbox and 360 its underwhelming.
RENWICK117 wrote:
Is anyone else a little jaded about the fact that we only got one exclusive FPS installment in the Halo franchise for the entire Xbox One generation (and even then, it only included the Chief in 2 missions)?
Yes. I'm very disappointed we only got one new Halo this gen. On the Xbox 360 we got Halo 3, ODST, Halo 4, Halo Wars, Halo Reach and Halo CE anniversary, Xbox One has been a huge let down in terms of Halo imo. I know Halo Infinite will launch on Xbox One, but the best way to play it will be on Scarlett or PC, just like Original Xbox One v Xbox One X.
eviltedi wrote:
RENWICK117 wrote:
Is anyone else a little jaded about the fact that we only got one exclusive FPS installment in the Halo franchise for the entire Xbox One generation (and even then, it only included the Chief in 2 missions)?
Yes. I'm very disappointed we only got one new Halo this gen. On the Xbox 360 we got Halo 3, ODST, Halo 4, Halo Wars, Halo Reach and Halo CE anniversary, Xbox One has been a huge let down in terms of Halo imo. I know Halo Infinite will launch on Xbox One, but the best way to play it will be on Scarlett or PC, just like Original Xbox One v Xbox One X.
The Xbox One got Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 5: Guardians, Halo Wars: Definitive Edition, Halo Wars 2, and Halo: Spartan Assault. You count Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo Wars when talking about the Xbox 360, so why do those types of games only count on the Xbox 360?
I actually had to look up the definition of jaded for this because it's a "fancy" new word for me.

Anyway, It does seem to make me jaded that there was only one FPS Halo game that continued the main story after 4 so far on Xbox One. Since were moving on to the Xbox Scarlett, I'm glad 343 is deciding to launch Halo Infinite for both the One and Scarlett, because the One deserves at least 2 Halo games that continue the main story. If it didn't then that would be less than the original Xbox.

One thing I'm particularly jaded about is how modern AAA companies have became relentlessly greedy with monetization and microtransactions. Why is it that when I play the original Xbox and Xbox 360 that I feel so old? It shouldn't be that way! The original Xbox despite being almost 20 years old feels like I'm playing a freakin Super Nintendo because it literally feels like game companies still had to try. It was before game companies were exposed for their greediness with lootboxes and all that crap. I remember not thinking of EA as a terrible company when I played Burnout 3 at the time because they still made decent games.

It's also certainly strange that graphics continue to get better, but the experience itself get's worse? Fortunately, there are still games out there like Cuphead and Sonic Mania that were fantastic games because they were created with the intent to be fantastic games.
eviltedi wrote:
RENWICK117 wrote:
The Xbox One got Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 5: Guardians, Halo Wars: Definitive Edition, Halo Wars 2, and Halo: Spartan Assault. You count Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo Wars when talking about the Xbox 360, so why do those types of games only count on the Xbox 360?
Pretty simple:
1) Ports require much less dev time than new releases.
2) Halo Wars 1 & 2, and Spartan assault aren't first-person shooters.
RENWICK117 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
RENWICK117 wrote:
Pretty simple:
1) Ports require much less dev time than new releases.
2) Halo Wars 1 & 2, and Spartan assault aren't first-person shooters.
And, again...

You count Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo Wars when talking about the Xbox 360, so why do those types of games only count on the Xbox 360?
RENWICK117 wrote:
I'm not so jaded by that. I don't mind having 1 or 2 Halo games per generation. What I'm more jaded by is the direction Halo has gone over the years and the fact that I feel more and more that there is no longer a reason to buy future Xbox's as it no longer has any exclusive games as all games will be on PC now, YET Xbox players aren't getting PC exclusives like Age of Empires for example. That pisses me off, like a lot! I really feel like Xbox players have been kicked to the curb by this decision. If Xbox games are going to PC then PC games should be going to Xbox, end of story. It's a simple as that.

Not trying to get off topic here, but there's a reason why Sony and Nintendo has destroyed Microsoft so bad this generation. Yes, I think Microsoft shot themselves in the face at the beginning for sure and we all know why, but look how many exclusive games are on Nintendo and Sony still. I know so many people that have bought one of those systems or both just for one game. I myself am heavily thinking of buying the switch just for The Fire Emblem games as I'm a huge turn base strategy/RPG guy.

I don't know, as time goes on I just see less and less reason to buy Xbox now that Halo is on PC.
eviltedi wrote:
RENWICK117 wrote:
They don't only count on the 360, where did I say that ? However, in terms of new titles the 360 got Halo3, Halo 4, Halo ODST and Reach in the FPS department alone. The Xbox One has had Halo 5 to date. I find that disappointing. We can add all the other ports if you like, but I still think the 360 got the better new titles compared to the current gen.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
RENWICK117 wrote:
They don't only count on the 360, where did I say that ? However, in terms of new titles the 360 got Halo3, Halo 4, Halo ODST and Reach in the FPS department alone. The Xbox One has had Halo 5 to date. I find that disappointing. We can add all the other ports if you like, but I still think the 360 got the better new titles compared to the current gen.
You said it by saying, "I'm very disappointed we only got one new Halo this gen" prior to listing off a bunch of non-shooter titles/remasters that the Xbox 360 got. You didn't initially specify that you were talking about shooters, and the fact that you listed off a bunch of non-shooters/remasters when talking about the Xbox 360 made it seem as though the Xbox One only got a single Halo release.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
RENWICK117 wrote:
You said it by saying, "I'm very disappointed we only got one new Halo this gen" prior to listing off a bunch of non-shooter titles/remasters that the Xbox 360 got. You didn't initially specify that you were talking about shooters, and the fact that you listed off a bunch of non-shooters/remasters when talking about the Xbox 360 made it seem as though the Xbox One only got a single Halo release.
I didn't think I had to specify shooters as the OP was specifically asking about FPS Halo games in his first post, I was just replying to him with a quote. Either way the 360 had more new FPS Halo games, fact.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
RENWICK117 wrote:
I didn't think I had to specify shooters as the OP was specifically asking about FPS Halo games in his first post, I was just replying to him. Either way the 360 had more new FPS games, fact.
When you go on to list games like Halo Wars and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary to inflate the list of games the Xbox 360 had, it's disingenuous to act as though such games didn't also release on the Xbox One. You're making things look even worse than they actually are.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
RENWICK117 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
I didn't think I had to specify shooters as the OP was specifically asking about FPS Halo games in his first post, I was just replying to him. Either way the 360 had more new FPS games, fact.
When you go on to list games like Halo Wars and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary to inflate the list of games the Xbox 360 had, it's disingenuous to act as though such games didn't also release on the Xbox One. You're making things look even worse than they actually are.
No, I'm not making it look worse. I stated in my reply to the OP that Xbox One has been a huge let down in terms of Halo imo, I stand by my opinion. In my first reply to you I told you we can include them, but it's pointless imo. I corrected my post to you by making it about the OP. Fact, Xbox 360 had more new FPS games to date. We're on topic and it should stay that way.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2