Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Jeff Steitzer and Spartan Chatter

OP InhabitedWaif06

What's your opinion on the direction 343i is taking with Jeff Steitzer's voice and Spartan Chatter?

Honestly I hate the direction they're taking with Jeff Steitzer voice, in the Original trilogy and Reach Jeff's voice was a lot deeper and rough. He had weight with his voice and it got your blood flowing. In halo 4, halo 2A, and Halo 5 he sounds more like a generic sports announcer. The only satisfying things he says is when you get a perfect kill and I believe it's because he sounds like his former self.

As for Spartan Chatter, I wouldn't have a problem with if there was an off/on switch. I know you can lower their volume in game but that also includes Jeff. As for Spartans in general I think their death screams need to be improved heavily. In halo 3 the screams were hilarious yet serious. In halo 5 it literally just a sigh or nothing which is super boring and anticlimactic
In terms of Jeff's voice, I agree about Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary, however I really enjoyed his lines in Halo 5. If they had just toned down the electronic effect more than they already had from H4/H2A to Halo 5, it would have been terrific. The Perrrfect medal has become a favorite now for sure.

As for Spartan Chatter, you can turn it off in Halo 5. Go to settings, Audio/Video, and turn MP Team Chatter to OFF. This doesn't disable the voice-over announcers in-game at all.
Uuv wrote:
In terms of Jeff's voice, I agree about Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary, however I really enjoyed his lines in Halo 5. If they had just toned down the electronic effect more than they already had from H4/H2A to Halo 5, it would have been terrific. The Perrrfect medal has become a favorite now for sure.

As for Spartan Chatter, you can turn it off in Halo 5. Go to settings, Audio/Video, and turn MP Team Chatter to OFF. This doesn't disable the voice-over announcers in-game at all.
I agree 100% and thank you
Tbh, the voice Chatter should return to Infinite but you should be able to choose your own voice
I think it was fine in h5.
I also don't mind spartan chatter returning since there's some useful information.
OP I agree that Jeff's voice has taken a step back the past few games. However, I would say that there has been improvement since Halo 4/H2A. He sounds less autotuned which is good. However, I want him to return to his old Halo: Reach / Halo 3 style. Just like how the Perfect medal sounds. Also, I want Jeff to be announcing in Warzone, forget Palmer already! But it all depends on 343's voice direction, though. I hope they use his older style of past Halos because it sounds way cooler in my opinion. I just made a topic on this not too long ago myself.

Regarding Spartan Chatter, I don't mind it. But I would like to hear different voices and different lines from time to time. It's the same lines and voice over and over again. It would be cool to hear different people, or even something funny from time to time (just to give them a little more personality). For example, the Spartans could say stuff like "die you bast***" or "ow that freaking hurt" or something along those lines.
I think we should keep the Spartan chatter because it made sense with the multiplayer being a simulation for the Spartans. If stop with war games due to what’s happening in the campaign then I hope they evolve how the Spartans do talk in multiplayer. Or they could go back to a basic style and have no talking besides Jeff’s voice.
OP I agree that Jeff's voice has taken a step back the past few games. However, I would say that there has been improvement since Halo 4/H2A. He sounds less autotuned which is good. However, I want him to return to his old Halo: Reach / Halo 3 style. Just like how the Perfect medal sounds. Also, I want Jeff to be announcing in Warzone, forget Palmer already! But it all depends on 343's voice direction, though. I hope they use his older style of past Halos because it sounds way cooler in my opinion. I just made a topic on this not too long ago myself.Regarding Spartan Chatter, I don't mind it. But I would like to hear different voices and different lines from time to time. It's the same lines and voice over and over again. It would be cool to hear different people, or even something funny from time to time (just to give them a little more personality). For example, the Spartans could say stuff like "die you bast***" or "ow that freaking hurt" or something along those lines.
Being able to choose what your Spartans voice sounds like would be pretty sweet honestly too.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
OP I agree that Jeff's voice has taken a step back the past few games. However, I would say that there has been improvement since Halo 4/H2A. He sounds less autotuned which is good. However, I want him to return to his old Halo: Reach / Halo 3 style. Just like how the Perfect medal sounds. Also, I want Jeff to be announcing in Warzone, forget Palmer already! But it all depends on 343's voice direction, though. I hope they use his older style of past Halos because it sounds way cooler in my opinion. I just made a topic on this not too long ago myself.Regarding Spartan Chatter, I don't mind it. But I would like to hear different voices and different lines from time to time. It's the same lines and voice over and over again. It would be cool to hear different people, or even something funny from time to time (just to give them a little more personality). For example, the Spartans could say stuff like "die you bast***" or "ow that freaking hurt" or something along those lines.
Being able to choose what your Spartans voice sounds like would be pretty sweet honestly too.
It would be cool to have a customizable voice, kind of like Halo: Reach firefight. I would love to hear Chief or Johnson in battle!
It would be cool to have a customizable voice, kind of like Halo: Reach firefight. I would love to hear Chief or Johnson in battle!
My thoughts exactly.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."