Joseph Staten’s Return

OP Pinealtropic

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
According to Bloomberg, (in an article co-written by Jason Schreier if that gives any credence; Schreier’s tweet) sources have said that Joseph Staten (as well as another experienced director) has been brought back on board to help direct Infinite’s apparently rocky development. This could be announced as soon as tomorrow.

This is big if true. Staten was the biggest part of Halo’s narrative.
THIS IS BIG!
Zigma X wrote:
THIS IS BIG!
This is fantastic news. Great step in the right direction. I do wonder who else may be brought in board though.
Game must be in pretty bad shape if they're bringing him in.
Annnnnd its been officially announced. This is nothing but great news for Halo Infinite
This is great news, although it highlights that maybe, Joseph is returning in an advanced stage of Halo Infinite to put out the fire of the game that, in theory should release this fall.

If he is back to develop the stories for the upcoming events for the plan of ten years of Halo Infinite it is indeed awesome. Hopefully the stories that have been written all throughout the past years doesn't find incoherences or rewritings.
According to Bloomberg, (in an article co-written by Jason Schreier if that gives any credence; Schreier’s tweet) sources have said that Joseph Staten (as well as another experienced director) has been brought back on board to help direct Infinite’s apparently rocky development. This could be announced as soon as tomorrow.

This is big if true. Staten was the biggest part of Halo’s narrative.
  • Max Hoberman (Head of Certain Affinity, one of Halo Infinite's co-developers, and one of the multiplayer top dogs at Bungie during their Halo days) just liked Schreier’s tweet, linking to the article. Multiple sources, including Windows Central, confirming Staten is back as well.
  • Hallelujah! This is the equivalent of the Snyder Cut for the Halo franchise! (if the Snyder cut ends up being bad then that won't age well lol). UPDATE: OK 343 in the Waypoint Article says he is the Project Lead for the Halo Infinite campaign. This is hype! The Snyder Cut is real!
  • After watching the demo and seeing the turmoil online about the game I didn't have much confidence in Halo Infinite being good, less so worth buying a Series X for. Especially given 343's track record. I was planning to hold out on a new console purchase and see which had better games. Now Joseph Staten is back at Halo I have a lot more confidence in this game. If 343 need to delay this game further and drop the Xbox One version to realise their full vision for this game I say do it - this game has to be outstanding and a lot is riding on this game's success.
  • "The company will also shift one more senior leader to Halo Infinite, according to two people, who said the changes are meant to provide more expertise to the project." - The same Bloomberg article.
  • The Waypoint article 343 just dropped says that "Pierre Hintze, the Head of our Publishing Team (MCC), will be joining the Halo Infinite team as a project lead for our Free-To-Play experience." I assume this is who the article is referencing here.
I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT THIS.

I LITERALLY STARTED CRYING.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Yep, 343 must truly be in development hell that's being unofficially but widely reported for such a dramatic move so late in the cycle.
I’m excited about this! Getting one of the old guard in there, especially someone so integral to the story, could help focus their efforts and execute on their ideas better. I hope he sticks around for a while, I’d love a follow up to the rtas novella.
I'm crying, I just need Marty to come back.
some good at last. Joseph Staten is almightily great and makes everything better
Zigma X wrote:
I'm crying, I just need Marty to come back.
Martys other half is still working for bungie so if your really wanting to get the band back together you need all the members to really try and recreate the magic.
This is good, but it's pretty late in development. How much impact can he really have. If this was 4-5 years ago I'd be super happy!! Now I'm more of a "this is good, but not sure if it matters at this point really"

Also, if this isn't a sign that Halo Infinite has problems, then I don't know what is...

@ADROPACRICH2 does he though? Didn't he help do crackdown 3 as well? And that game is regarded as a huge flop!! Don't get we wrong, I'm happy he's involved in Halo again as I think that's his bread and butter but I don't think he's a miracle worker lol
This is good, but it's pretty late in development. How much impact can he really have. If this was 4-5 years ago I'd be super now. Now I'm more of a "this is good, but not sure if it matters at this point really"

Also, if this isn't a sign that Halo Infinite has problems, then I don't know what is...

@ADROPACRICH2 does he though? Didn't he help do crackdown 3 as well? And that game is regarded as a huge flop!! Don't get we wrong, I'm happy he's involved in Halo again as I think that's his bread and butter but I don't think he's a miracle worker lol
he was certainly brought in and there's some excellent writing to the game. It's a 6/10 as an actual game at best but the the narrative running throughout is very well written I found and made for a better experience. There's only so much that can be done of course. Similar too for Infinite perhaps if it's a train wreck already
LUKEPOWA wrote:
This.

However... Both CE and H2 also were in really bad shape just months before releasing and both turned into classics. Staten was part of those teams. I have faith in him. He's a veteran, he knows the community, he knows Halo. This is a good move even if it signals bad development so far.
FINALLY !

i hope it's true
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE!!!!!!!!! -Yoink- YES.

I love you, Joe. You are my boy. Please bring Marty back too god this is such great news.
This is good news, but it really tells us about the current situation of the game.
This is a dream come true! It’s too bad they didn’t bring him in sooner. I wouldn’t imagine he could effect too much in such a short amount of time but anything would be awesome. Now all they have to do is bring Marty O,Donnell back. And then let all of Bungie make Halo again.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4