OP Pinealtropic

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
eviltedi wrote:
Hello, I have a question that I am very curious to hear from everyone. What are the chances of more Halo video games happening in future installments especially with Joseph Staten coming back to the Halo Franchise? Maybe we can see finally see a new Halo ODST video game and a Sword of Sanghelios spin off video game?
I wouldn't get your hopes up on Joseph Staten being around for long. Word is, he's there short term to help them finish Halo Infinite. Unless that changed in the last day or so. On the topic of more side games ! I'm sure there will be more, regardless of Joseph Staten staying or leaving.
I doubt he'll stay being he is the Senior Creative Director for Xbox. His job is to help first party developers finish their games whether its 343 or any of the other Xbox dev teams. Him coming to Halo Infinite to help is part of his job, but his background with Halo is what really, really helps Halo Infinite's situation. And for a lot of us a breath of fresh air to the development of Halo Infinite.

Personally I'd like him to stay but only as a high leadership role just for the sole fact he literally helped create Halo.
I've been feeling pretty bad/anxious/stressed lately (Unrelated to Halo) but this news is enough to make me feel better. 343 shouldn't be too ashamed to have his help, they should be thankful they are working with one of the single most critically important people in the creation of Halo. In fact, if I was running things, I'd seriously consider firing literally anyone who feels bringing Joseph Staten on is a bad idea. Call me harsh or crazy all you want, but this is one of the people who invented Halo and made it such a loved series. 343 wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the efforts of this man.
speedyjr11 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Hello, I have a question that I am very curious to hear from everyone. What are the chances of more Halo video games happening in future installments especially with Joseph Staten coming back to the Halo Franchise? Maybe we can see finally see a new Halo ODST video game and a Sword of Sanghelios spin off video game?
I wouldn't get your hopes up on Joseph Staten being around for long. Word is, he's there short term to help them finish Halo Infinite. Unless that changed in the last day or so. On the topic of more side games ! I'm sure there will be more, regardless of Joseph Staten staying or leaving.
I doubt he'll stay being he is the Senior Creative Director for Xbox. His job is to help first party developers finish their games whether its 343 or any of the other Xbox dev teams. Him coming to Halo Infinite to help is part of his job, but his background with Halo is what really, really helps Halo Infinite's situation. And for a lot of us a breath of fresh air to the development of Halo Infinite.

Personally I'd like him to stay but only as a high leadership role just for the sole fact he literally helped create Halo.
The way I see it, I think Joseph Staten will be put in charge of the entire Halo video games especially if the upcoming Halo Infinite is a huge success. I can see Joseph Staten going in a similar direction like how Kevin Feige did with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Kevin Feige was in charge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for 10 years. If 343 Industries really want to move forward with the next 10 years plan, I can see Joseph Staten become like Kevin Feige where he will be in charge of the Halo Franchise.
speedyjr11 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

I agree. I also think it would be great if he stayed with Halo. I just quoted that user as it was an opportunity to try and keep it real for want of a better word.
More signs that this game is in big trouble.
The return of staten's as project manager for the campaign of halo infinite (he was formerly a developer at bungie) is pretty good news, but it's coming late in development. It would have been better if they were present at the start of development of halo infinite.
I would even say that staten's or the bungie team shouldn't have stopped halo and should have done the sequel to halo 3 because 343 crashed with halo 4. Many players were disappointed that bungie stopped the license halo.
Now the question is, what will he do on halo infinite ?
For the moment, we do not know anything and we can only speculate.
We know what he will be doing. Joseph Staten “will be focused on supporting the campaign team’s existing, talented, creative leaders and ensuring they have everything they need to create an awesome Halo game,” Full article here.
eviltedi wrote:
We know what he will be doing. Joseph Staten “will be focused on supporting the campaign team’s existing, talented, creative leaders and ensuring they have everything they need to create an awesome Halo game,” Full article here.
Indeed, the document specifies the main objective of staten's in the development of halo infinite but we do not know what he thinks of halo infinite and what advice he will give.
eviltedi wrote:
Indeed, the document specifies the main objective of staten's in the development of halo infinite but we do not know what he thinks of halo infinite and what advice he will give.
We never know exactly what devs think or what advice they give. However, it states he's there to assist the current team, but we'll never know the ins and outs unless someone whistle blows or he says something. Halo Infinite's development is clearly not going well, he's there to help and that's good enough for me.
Came to think of it. Sure Certain Affinity have done some great work. But werent those fellas the same one CODIfying the heck out of Doom 2016 multiplayer and Halo 4 multiplayer??
Even though the customization and progression system in Halo 4 mp were closer to what we wanted akin to Halo 3/ Reach. Yeah the cod stain stinks, even Halo 5 actual mp gameplay were alot better besides the microstransaction nonsense.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
We never know exactly what devs think or what advice they give. However, it states he's there to assist the current team, but we'll never know the ins and outs unless someone whistle blows or he says something. Halo Infinite's development is clearly not going well, he's there to help and that's good enough for me.
I agree and it seems to me that staten will not talk about him and his implications on halo infinite.

It would be really good if bungie could come back on halo once again, but I highly doubt it because this studio wants its independence now.

Indeed, the development of Halo Infinite is not going as planned and there is still a lot of work to be done on the game.
Om the one hand, this is great because Stanten's writing helped shape Halo during the Bungie days. On the other hand, this shows that Infinite is in more trouble than has been let on.
Came to think of it. Sure Certain Affinity have done some great work. But werent those fellas the same one CODIfying the heck out of Doom 2016 multiplayer and Halo 4 multiplayer??
Even though the customization and progression system in Halo 4 mp were closer to what we wanted akin to Halo 3/ Reach. Yeah the cod stain stinks, even Halo 5 actual mp gameplay were alot better besides the microstransaction nonsense.
You know these sub contractors don't just roll in and do what they want right ? They take the direction the mp design with the tools and the vision supplied by the company paying the fee . So any codifying of titles mentioned is most likely isn't coming from them . It's a bit rough laying any success or failure at the subcontractors feet especially in light of the fact that the multi players and maps they've worked on in many past games functions just fine in a technical sense .
Anyone that had doubts that 343 wasn't giving it their all, this should show you that they are trying. They are going as far as bringing back Bungie legends to help make this. Seeing as Joe had a major role in the older games, he'd be able to give some insight as to what makes a good Halo game. This is some of the best news I've heard in a long time.
It’s most definitely late in the cycle, but better late than never. I applaud them for the move regardless. This is huge and I’m sure they can get things going smoothly, at least somewhat with him aboard. His track record speaks for itself in Halo, I have some higher expectations for the game than I did before, but I won’t go crazy lol. Hopefully the games isn’t too much of a mess for him to put the pieces together well, he’s Campaign Lead apparently. Wouldn’t be surprised if he had more influence outside of that
Chief(343 & Halo fans)- “Sprint...is sprint what you wanted? Is this what you were looking for?

Typical Classic Fans- “plz god no!”

Chief- “Were all the forum complaints. All the ‘you lost me as a customer threats.’ Worth it? Was it!?” *laughs manically* 🤣
It’s most definitely late in the cycle, but better late than never. I applaud them for the move regardless. This is huge and I’m sure they can get things going smoothly, at least somewhat with him aboard. His track record speaks for itself in Halo, I have some higher expectations for the game than I did before, but I won’t go crazy lol. Hopefully the games isn’t too much of a mess for him to put the pieces together well, he’s Campaign Lead apparently. Wouldn’t be surprised if he had more influence outside of that
I am no game developer nor do I have any experience with it...leading with that; I believe the move indicates a few things:

1. The game is FAR from finished. Bringing in a new Campaign lead this close to what was supposed to be pre-launch mode (IE 3 months from release) is something EXTREMELY troublesome. Im sure COVID did put a damper on how quickly things were coming along but if that were the case then they wouldnt NEED to bring anyone in. They would just push out the release date.

2. Bringing in a veteran Halo entity could go one of two ways: They truly want to pick his mind and have him put the final sculpting on their vision for Infinite OR it is nothing more than smoke and mirrors to get the community excited again. I believe the latter because if your interest from the start was to truly gather elements from previous titles then he would have been on the crew to begin with...not a last minute "oh *plasma-nade* we arent going to finish this in time"

Understand one thing above all, his position is a top tier job for Halo but there is someone above him that has the final say and generally speaking its going to be the one with the $$$$$. Ive been around since Halo CE and have seen all the tactics used for marketing, etc. Every and I mean EVERY Halo has been marketed in some fashion or another as a "spiritual reboot".
Sadly he won’t continue to the story?
This is awesome news for Halo! (And much better than Joseph Stalin returning, which I somehow read first.)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4