Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Just what happened to the Created?

OP GAMRKNIGHT352

Just what the hell happened to the Created? Please don't tell me that you are just throwing away this faction. I hope that the Created comes back in Infinite, but it's pretty uncertain at this point. For now, it seems that 343i is playing it safe with the Banished instead of what they already had.
I’m certain that the Created show up in the latter half of the Campaign. If I had to guess, Cortana gets alerted of what’s occurring at Zeta Halo, especially with John there, and arrives in the 2nd half, bringing Created forces with her.
I imagine they’re going be in the game, but haven’t been revealed yet due to 343 wanting to keep their appearance a surprise. The new book makes it clear that Cortana is still in control of the galaxy. By the end, without going into spoiler territory, it doesn’t seem like the Created conflict is going to be resolved in any outside material.
Lepidus wrote:
I imagine they’re going be in the game, but haven’t been revealed yet due to 343 wanting to keep their appearance a surprise. The new book makes it clear that Cortana is still in control of the galaxy. By the end, without going into spoiler territory, it doesn’t seem like the Created conflict is going to be resolved in any outside material.
A faction you introduced in the last game and has fundamentally broken your setting for 5 years isn’t really surprise material.
A faction you introduced in the last game and has fundamentally broken your setting for 5 years isn’t really surprise material.
If said faction has been completely redesigned from a gameplay perspective, then yes it is. A number of players have complained about how little they’ve enjoyed fighting Prometheans the past two games. If 343 has something big planned for them, they’ll be sure to keep it a surprise.
I hope they throw it away.

Hell, I'd prefer them to do a hard reboot of the entire storyline and universe.
Just what the hell happened to the Created? Please don't tell me that you are just throwing away this faction. I hope that the Created comes back in Infinite, but it's pretty uncertain at this point. For now, it seems that 343i is playing it safe with the Banished instead of what they already had.
343 probably 'un-created' them. Hahaha!

I’m certain that the Created show up in the latter half of the Campaign. If I had to guess, Cortana gets alerted of what’s occurring at Zeta Halo, especially with John there, and arrives in the 2nd half, bringing Created forces with her.
Forgive me if I am mistaken, but isn't the reason that Cortana didn't fire the rings yet being that the Masterchief is not safe from them? I'm assuming the "Created forces" here are Prometheans, therefore, Cortana wouldn't want to have them present in case they kill the Chief. Unlikely, I know, but it is a possibility, and one Cortana might not want to take any risks with.
WolfV11 wrote:

Why, so the fanbase could simply complain about that too?
WolfV11 wrote:

They (We) will complain no matter what. Given that, I'd say it would make sense to toss the whole thing--and let's be honest, listen to interviews with folx like Bonnie Ross and hear her talk about Halo in more abstract concepts such as "heroism" and "adventure" and they've essentially been doing that to begin with.

As a narrative, the story has gotten so messy and sloppy that I don't think there's a better artistic decision than to hit restart on the whole thing.

Were it up to me, I'd take it from Halo CE and rewrite everything afterward (because Halo 2 and 3 were the start of driving this whole thing off a cliff).
People are already complaining about that and it hasn’t even happened yet (nor does it show signs of happening at all). Halo has one of the hardest communities to please. 😅
WolfV11 wrote:

Find me a franchise that has existed more than a decade that doesnt have a loud vocal minority of fans complaining about things no matter what.

I'll wait.
I don't really care about the created to be honest. If they retconned them right out of the game, it wouldn't really bother me. I just don't think the faction is very interesting or appealing, mostly because I think the whole "evil Cortana warlord" plot thread is honestly just ridiculous.

With that said, if they keep the created in the game, I hope they rethink it and either make it a minor plot thread, or put a lot more thought and care into the idea.