Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Keep the weapon you were using in Cutscenes.

OP Snockooz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
HazMat2737 wrote:
MysticKami wrote:
If any of the cutscenes feature live-fire, then you having any possible weapon could be... interesting.

Chief turns around to let a few bursts of his AR out and... oops. Energy Sword. swoosh. swoosh.
Then they should not have any cutscenes feature live-fire. Live-fire should be in the -Yoink- gameplay. lol If Master Chief is gonna shoot, then let us be the one to shoot. We don't play the game to watch the Spartans shoot in a cutscene.
Kindly disagree. If the story requires it, or can benefit from it, put it in the cutscene. I don't wanna see AI Linda scoping out the battlefield with the Plasma Pistol she had to pick up 'cause her rifle was out of ammo.
MysticKami wrote:
HazMat2737 wrote:
MysticKami wrote:
If any of the cutscenes feature live-fire, then you having any possible weapon could be... interesting.

Chief turns around to let a few bursts of his AR out and... oops. Energy Sword. swoosh. swoosh.
Then they should not have any cutscenes feature live-fire. Live-fire should be in the -Yoink- gameplay. lol If Master Chief is gonna shoot, then let us be the one to shoot. We don't play the game to watch the Spartans shoot in a cutscene.
Kindly disagree. If the story requires it, or can benefit from it, put it in the cutscene. I don't wanna see AI Linda scoping out the battlefield with the Plasma Pistol she had to pick up 'cause her rifle was out of ammo.
I do.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
I have to disagree.
This would mean that 343i would have to re-do every cutscene again and again and again with every possible weapon,
which IMO, is a waste of resources since the AR has always been Chief's to-go weapon anyways.
I don't think you understand how cutscenes work. In Halo Reach they didn't go back and render over 1000 cutscenes with every possible combo of armor, Its called bodygrouping and model-swapping.
TNA Corvus wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
I have to disagree.
This would mean that 343i would have to re-do every cutscene again and again and again with every possible weapon,
which IMO, is a waste of resources since the AR has always been Chief's to-go weapon anyways.
I don't think you understand how cutscenes work. In Halo Reach they didn't go back and render over 1000 cutscenes with every possible combo of armor, Its called bodygrouping and model-swapping.
I don't think you do either, frankly. Armors are one thing, weapons something entirely different.
It is one thing having the model hold an SMG or a Magnum and another holding a beam rifle or spnkr.
But that's not all you have to worry about, since the model in most cases isn't standing still.
In most cutscenes the model is active, not passive.
It walks, runs, jumps, takes cover and you have to balance the slightest move for every kind of weapon available.
A model walks the same way in every kind of Mjolnir Armor, weapons are a different topic.
It doesn't move it limbs, neither arms nor legs, the same way while holding a heavy weapon compared
to holding a light weapon, but every single move has to be accounted for.
I hope I could enlighten you.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
I don't think you do either, frankly. Armors are one thing, weapons something entirely different.
It is one thing having the model hold an SMG or a Magnum and another holding a beam rifle or spnkr.
Only in the scenario where the model is holding it with two hands. If its holding it with one then there would be no difference. As for the latter scenario, it should be noted that they are going to have Animations of a Spartan holding every weapon in the game. That is a requirement for the gameplay. Animations are reused all the time in video games. While Large weapons are held differently, you seem to forget that the vast majority of the weapons in Halo 5 are held practically the same. AR, BR, DMR, Shotgun, Saw, Hydra, Railgun, Grenade Launcher, Carbine, Storm Rifle, Plasma Caster, Suppressor, Light Rifle, and Scatter Shot are all held practically the same, baring slight differences in finger placement, and are all relatively the same size.
Funny side note, the Rocket Launcher and SMG are held very similarly in Halo 5.
Quote:
But that's not all you have to worry about, since the model in most cases isn't standing still. In most cutscenes the model is active, not passive.
It walks, runs, jumps, takes cover and you have to balance the slightest move for every kind of weapon available.
A model walks the same way in every kind of Mjolnir Armor, weapons are a different topic.
It doesn't move it limbs, neither arms nor legs, the same way while holding a heavy weapon compared
to holding a light weapon, but every single move has to be accounted for.
I hope I could enlighten you.
The Animation of a Spartans Walking, running, jumping, or crouching have always been the same regardless of the weapon they are holding. There is no reason to believe this would be any different in cut scenes.

The only time they would have to make new animations to accommodate different Weapons is when both the character model and the weapon model are interacting with the environment. Something that doesn't happen all that often in Halo Cut scenes.

Mind you, I'm not saying that making cut scene with every weapon is as easy as making them with one. I just think you and a lot of people over estimate the difficulty.
Motion capture also makes this much easier.
Snockooz wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Only in the scenario where the model is holding it with two hands. If its holding it with one then there would be no difference. As for the latter scenario, it should be noted that they are going to have Animations of a Spartan holding every weapon in the game. That is a requirement for the gameplay. Animations are reused all the time in video games. While Large weapons are held differently, you seem to forget that the vast majority of the weapons in Halo 5 are held practically the same. AR, BR, DMR, Shotgun, Saw, Hydra, Railgun, Grenade Launcher, Carbine, Storm Rifle, Plasma Caster, Suppressor, Light Rifle, and Scatter Shot are all held practically the same, baring slight differences in finger placement, and are all relatively the same size.
Funny side note, the Rocket Launcher and SMG are held very similarly in Halo 5.
The Animation of a Spartans Walking, running, jumping, or crouching have always been the same regardless of the weapon they are holding. There is no reason to believe this would be any different in cut scenes.

The only time they would have to make new animations to accommodate different Weapons is when both the character model and the weapon model are interacting with the environment. Something that doesn't happen all that often in Halo Cut scenes.

Mind you, I'm not saying that making cut scene with every weapon is as easy as making them with one. I just think you and a lot of people over estimate the difficulty.
Motion capture also makes this much easier.
Genius
Snockooz wrote:
One of the things I enjoyed about Halo 2 was that in every Cut Scene it showed you with the weapon you were using. I Get that Chief has a thing for the AR and All but there is just no way he is getting through every missions in Halo CE,3,4, and 5 with just an AR. Show Chief with the weapons he was actually using, please.
Yh its a bit annoying when you turn up before a cut scene just for it to despawn after and then to not have it for after the cut scene!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2