Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Keeping the immersion

OP PurplePowErX6

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
to add more, the biggest killer of immersion was in Reach: the armor affects. lets not see those return for the sake of immersion and gameplay. then there's the weapon skins from H5. the weapons and vehicles don't belong to the spartans, they are property of the UNSC military, any military organization would not allow their soldiers to customize their gear with pizzas and candy cane stripes and stuff, its not practical.
I want to agree with you, its likely skins will return, most likely because its a cosmetic and they can be implemented in microtransactions. I'd rather have that in MT's instead of armor pieces or weapons though. Either way, I agree.
Apparently you missed holiday fiesta speed oddball and speed flag.

Ground pound can be a usefull ability when used properly. Just Nerf the damage. Same with spartan charge just nerf it to a regular melee equivalent.

Big Team Super Fiesta could add 5 base strongholds. And other cool gametypes including speed flag, oddball and more.
Ground pound can be a usefull ability when used properly. Just Nerf the damage. Same with spartan charge just nerf it to a regular melee equivalent.
Why not just remove them? They promote bad habits for Halo's gameplay and overall just ruin it. Not only is Spartan Charge cheap but it essentially creates this bad habit of having you charging at whatever and if you fail, you're likely doomed. If you hit, it's 99% a guaranteed kill. Ground Pound is essentially the same thing. If you fail, you make yourself vulnerable for a considerable amount of time, and if you hit, you'll very likely kill your target.
Why not just remove them? They promote bad habits for Halo's gameplay and overall just ruin it. Not only is Spartan Charge cheap but it essentially creates this bad habit of having you charging at whatever and if you fail, you're likely doomed. If you hit, it's 99% a guaranteed kill. Ground Pound is essentially the same thing. If you fail, you make yourself vulnerable for a considerable amount of time, and if you hit, you'll very likely kill your target.
I honestly believe removing those mechanics would be a positive. Yeah, maybe some people wouldn't be happy at first, but it's likely that over time they would enjoy the gameplay without them more.
Surprised no one has mentioned sniper glare. I thought sniper glare was ridiculous especially in the 2500s. I don't remember much complaining before sniper glare, all you had to do was track the smoke or beam, but the glare is a dumbed down giveaway that lowers the skill gap.
I honestly believe removing those mechanics would be a positive. Yeah, maybe some people wouldn't be happy at first, but it's likely that over time they would enjoy the gameplay without them more.
Halo was just fine with the triangle. Then Bungie decided to turn it to a square and it may never revert back. Although, and I'm going to be bold here, I loved the Thruster Packs. One of my favorite additions to the Halo sandbox. They felt good to use and were rewarding out of good use. I believe that classic gameplay could work well with them, but until I see it well with my eyes, I can't really hope for an official version.
Quote:
Halo was just fine with the triangle. Then Bungie decided to turn it to a square and it may never revert back. Although, and I'm going to be bold here, I loved the Thruster Packs. One of my favorite additions to the Halo sandbox. They felt good to use and were rewarding out of good use. I believe that classic gameplay could work well with them, but until I see it well with my eyes, I can't really hope for an official version.
I agree that the triangle was optimal, but it's not likely we will see something like that again. It's gunna takee adjusting and fine-tuning to the game to make it feel complete and balanced, yet it's hard to be as balanced as something as simple as the triangle in Halo 3.
Quote:
I agree that the triangle was optimal, but it's not likely we will see something like that again. It's gunna takee adjusting and fine-tuning to the game to make it feel complete and balanced, yet it's hard to be as balanced as something as simple as the triangle in Halo 3.
That's why I said "it may never revert back."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2