Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Launch title for Scarlett!!

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
"And at E3, we’re also pleased to announce that Halo Infinite will debut in Holiday 2020 on Xbox One, PC and our next generation of consoles, Project Scarlett."

I just hope it's an Xbox Play Anywhere and that if I buy a copy on Xbox One I will be able to play it on PC or Scarlett.
Depending on the cost an upgrade to Scarlett might not be an option but if I ever buy it I don't want to rebuy the game...
I have a feeling it will be on xbox one as well. But so hyped that it is launching with Scarlett. It means that if it is on xbox one it will be a second priority and not just a 'enhanced' port to scarlett.
I have a feeling it will be on xbox one as well. But so hyped that it is launching with Scarlett. It means that if it is on xbox one it will be a second priority and not just a 'enhanced' port to scarlett.
It's already been confirmed it will be on the Xbox One.
FlashyDIRK wrote:
They don't even make an 8k TV yet.
Just talked to a friend of mine who happens to be an electronics engineer and he said that there is a 8k TV out but there's nothing you can do with it yet so I told him about the new console and he said that's what it was made for in advance.
Scarlett looks promising. I'm reallt skeptical on things like the price and TV requirements what with their talks of 4k, 8k, and 120 FPS, but I'll keep my ears piqued.
I wouldn't put too much stock in these loose promises. These console teases always over-promise and under-deliver with their "Most powerful console ever".

4k TV's are fairly common, and will be even more so by the time Scarlet launches and more affordable as well. As long as you have a fairly standard 4k TV, I have no doubt it will be compatible with the newest consoles when they launch. I'd expect even 1080p TV's will still play nice with them, just at reduced visuals.
This hasn't happened since CE, it's crazy it's been that long. Halo Infinite is officially releasing next year and will be the launch title for the next generation of Xbox consoles. So amazing that this is happening. Gives me more of an excuse to get Scarlett next year.
I hope that it's released for both Project Scarlett and Xbox One so I won't have to buy a new console just for 1 game.
James4125 wrote:
The instant I heard releasing on next gen my hype all but died. I don't give a damn about 8K or 120FPS and I'm not interested in spending hundreds on another console or a PC either.
Pretty sure Halo Infinite is going to be multi-gen platform. There's supposed to be a flight program at some point before release, that would be impossible if nobody had the new console.
Scarlett looks promising. I'm reallt skeptical on things like the price and TV requirements what with their talks of 4k, 8k, and 120 FPS, but I'll keep my ears piqued.
I wouldn't put too much stock in these loose promises. These console teases always over-promise and under-deliver with their "Most powerful console ever".

4k TV's are fairly common, and will be even more so by the time Scarlet launches and more affordable as well. As long as you have a fairly standard 4k TV, I have no doubt it will be compatible with the newest consoles when they launch. I'd expect even 1080p TV's will still play nice with them, just at reduced visuals.
Well that's good. I don't think I'll be able to get a 4k TV by the time Scarlett gets here haha.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Sure, the next console generation is starting, but there is a chance for Halo Infinite to be on xbox one a little past the console's prime (ok a lot past the console's prime but hey it's likely).
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Sure, the next console generation is starting, but there is a chance for Halo Infinite to be on xbox one a little past the console's prime (ok a lot past the console's prime but hey it's likely).
Infinite is supposed to be for both platforms, it's just that they are going to launch the Scarlett at the same time.
And another thing that I'm wondering about is, will H5 be playable on the Scarlett without having to buy a new game because if not I personally don't see any reason to run out and get the new Console except for the graphics.
They are really thinking this will be a great game to put Halo back on the map by tying the new Xbox to it. I hope it is.
ronnie42 wrote:
Guess I know what I'm buying....hopefully means I can play my xbox originals/360 and X1 games on the new console with Halo Infinite....possibly limited edition console?
Dude... I was thinking the same! I'm really hoping to own a Halo Infinite edition of the new console! Also I hope there is a Legendary edition of the actual game that comes with props or figures! I used to have the Legendary edition Halo Reach figures and other Halo props but my little brother broke most of them playing with them and I got older and got my own place so I regrettably got rid of or gave all my Halo stuff to my brother. But I'm betting Best Buy will have some awesome preorder content! I'm stoked! I haven't been this excited about the release of a game or a movie since 2004 when Halo 2 came out!
ronnie42 wrote:
Guess I know what I'm buying....hopefully means I can play my xbox originals/360 and X1 games on the new console with Halo Infinite....possibly limited edition console?
Dude... I was thinking the same! I'm really hoping to own a Halo Infinite edition of the new console! Also I hope there is a Legendary edition of the actual game that comes with props or figures! I used to have the Legendary edition Halo Reach figures and other Halo props but my little brother broke most of them playing with them and I got older and got my own place so I regrettably got rid of or gave all my Halo stuff to my brother. But I'm betting Best Buy will have some awesome preorder content! I'm stoked! I haven't been this excited about the release of a game or a movie since 2004 when Halo 2 came out!
Yeh, it does seem like something they would do but wish they'd release more info on the console itself since I'm concerned they might release an awful digital only console instead so hoping they released a disc based console with Halo limited edition console. Not sure interested in props/figures, I was thinking more like a console that plays Halo sounds when doing certain things.
Great idea to have it launch with Scarlet... It will definitely make a Halo Infinite special edition Scarlet console look particularly enticing.
What was the point in even releasing it for the Xbox One if it's being developed for next gen? The next gen is obviously going to get more focus and resources. Will they even be cross play?

Anyone remember if Halo 4 360 and Xbone were cross play?
What was the point in even releasing it for the Xbox One if it's being developed for next gen? The next gen is obviously going to get more focus and resources. Will they even be cross play?

Anyone remember if Halo 4 360 and Xbone were cross play?
The point was maximazing profit, of course.
I dunno if the rumors about that 500.000.000$ budget were true or if it was just a fraction of it,
making the game accessible to as many people as possible is smart,
Yeah I'm impressed with that. That can hopefully save halo and xbox. Xbox one sure did have a TERRIBLE reveal event and that was Microsofts fault back then mainly don mattrick. Most of my friends moved to a PS4 because of that press.

Since then, the whole community has been suffering in terms of their exclusives and poor sales even Halo 5. DRM, no sharing games and forced to create an account annoyed fans so much.

Hopefully Scarlett can fix it and bring back the couch coop days with friends.
I like to joke that Halo 2 was the launch title for the XB360.
This hasn't happened since CE, it's crazy it's been that long. Halo Infinite is officially releasing next year and will be the launch title for the next generation of Xbox consoles. So amazing that this is happening. Gives me more of an excuse to get Scarlett next year.
I got an Xbox because of Halo 2 which inspired me to get Halo CE.
I got an Xbox 360 AFTER I bought Halo 3 and because I bought Halo 3
I got an Xbox one because of Halo MCC, H2A, and Halo 5
I'll likely get and Xbox Project Scarlet because of Halo Infinite, kind of depends on how much the console is at launch and how good Halo Infinite is. I'm going to get the XB1 version and if it is a substantial upgrade on XBPS, then I'll probably buy it again for that console. Which would be something I've never done before.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3