Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Let's be real here....

OP TECH PON3

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Halo Infinite can't make everyone happy gameplay and movement wise. 343i will be making people mad no matter what they do. If Halo Infinite plays like classic halo it will make modern fans mad and if it plays like modern halo then classic fans will be mad. There can't be a hybrid gameplay since it would fail to please both groups in some shape or form. So 343i would either have to make Halo Infinite play like classic or modern halo. SO I think they will be making modern fans mad.

So yeah 343i are in a corner and is screwed in terms of gameplay/movement.
TECH PON3 wrote:
Halo Infinite can't make everyone happy gameplay and movement wise. 343i will be making people mad no matter what they do. If Halo Infinite plays like classic halo it will make modern fans mad and if it plays like modern halo then classic fans will be mad. There can't be a hybrid gameplay since it would fail to please both groups in some shape or form. So 343i would either have to make Halo Infinite play like classic or modern halo. SO I think they will be making modern fans mad.

The classic rotational playlist leads me to disagree with you that the game can't be customizable enough to make both camps happy. Personal opinion
TECH PON3 wrote:

They aren't screwed, returning to a more classic play style might benefit them by separating themselves from the herd. By making themselves more distinct and different from COD, Battlefield, Destiny or any of those spray and pay games will intrigue a lot of people. Halo 3 is 11 years old now, the kids that grew up with the first 3 are old now, theirs a whole generation out there that have never experienced that play style, that's a fact most of us seem to forget. The modern halo play style isn't exactly getting heaps of praise either. Halo needs to hook the next generation if they can't thats what will be its downfall.
They could have sprint be a skull in campaign for the modern fans.
TECH PON3 wrote:

They aren't screwed, returning to a more classic play style might benefit them by separating themselves from the herd. By making themselves more distinct and different from COD, Battlefield, Destiny or any of those spray and pay games will intrigue a lot of people. Halo 3 is 11 years old now, the kids that grew up with the first 3 are old now, theirs a whole generation out there that have never experienced that play style, that's a fact most of us seem to forget. The modern halo play style isn't exactly getting heaps of praise either. Halo needs to hook the next generation if they can't thats what will be its downfall.
So to be blunt 343i has to make Infinite play like classic to be successful and ditch the modern halo gameplay/movement forever
343 and even bungle to an extent put themselves in this situation. Halo should have been halo, cod can be cod, battlefield can be battlefield. Stick to your brand and what works for it. If a studio wants to branch out, start a new franchise. But now that halo isn't halo can they still go back?
I still see no reason why they cant let another studio develop a classic Halo spin off. I prefer classic, but don't trust 343 to make a good one.
Let's. They're going to anger far more people by continuing with the current changes to the gameplay. For the sake of a consistent and fully fleshed out experience it can't be both, so the best bet is to go with the option that the largest number of people will react favourably to.
Well...you can’t make everyone happy.
343i can't make everyone happy and they shouldn't try. go one route and go all in on it. which one they will take is up to them and there is no way of telling which one would be better for them.
an indicator could be, that in my country the MCC is in front of h5 in the most played list, but that can have many other reasons than just being the more "popular" gameplay style with halo fans. (could have a lot to do with the recent patch and the game coming to gamepass and that are probably the main reasons for it being in front... also: the games weren't released at the same time so it is not really posible to make a direct comparision with player numbers)

i'd prefer classic movement mechanics, but thats my opinion and i'm sure there are a lot of people out there who preder "advanced" mechanics.
I still think hybrid gameplay is the best way to go. Remove the sprint and increase the the base movement speed
They can't have separate playlists for the different movement types and they won't have core differences in game play between campaign and multiplayer. No other Halo game has ever done this and they shouldn't. Let me give you some reasons:
  • Separate playlists would completely divide the player base. It is basically split 50/50 with hardcore fans right now anyway. New fans would be completely confused.
  • Any new maps that 343 would create would be playlist specific. Movement mechanics make a huge difference with the maps.
  • This measure would be a half-step and a bad one at that. Good or bad, each halo game has changed the franchise a little bit, and you cannot make everyone happy. Some people thinking Halo:CE has the best multiplayer of the series, but they can't just remake Halo:CE combat in a new game and call it Halo Infinite. It has to be a new game and that usually means new game play (movement, weapons, vehicles, game types).
  • 343 is in the worst spot. They cannot win with this game (from the hardcore fans). I just hope they create a game that has an amazing story/ campaign and honestly, any multiplayer from any Halo game is really fun for me. They just need to perfect warzone and regular multiplayer so the player base will stay.
Good luck 343 lol
juhoxxx wrote:
I still think hybrid gameplay is the best way to go. Remove the sprint and increase the the base movement speed
removnig sprint and increasing base movement speed is classic halo. base movement in the first 3 was way higher
Even if it pisses a group off, I've always believed in when rebooting or making sequels to a franchise you should make it for the original fanbase (if it's big enough, which in Halo's case it certainly is) and then grow it further. Trend following and trying to please everyone just isn't good.
Red III wrote:
juhoxxx wrote:
removnig sprint and increasing base movement speed is classic halo. base movement in the first 3 was way higher
Your right about it basically being classic halo. But halo 3 base movement is slower the CE.
I wouldn't mind Halo going back to basics (I'd rather have that than Halo 5's mechanics), but I feel they should also tweak and or add a little something to it. I mean, Halo 1-3 and ODST virtually all played the same, wouldn't it be nice for some "slight" change? Or maybe not, since I can't think of what to slightly change to make, but that what happens when you are spoiled by a great developer like Sakurai (because he adds things to Smash that I didn't even know I wanted and comparing him to 343i who hasn't done anything in that regard outside of an amazing forge with 5.).
TECH PON3 wrote:
Red III wrote:
juhoxxx wrote:
Your right about it basically being classic halo. But halo 3 base movement is slower the CE.
It's pretty much the same. FoV makes it seem slower.
TECH PON3 wrote:
TECH PON3 wrote:

So to be blunt 343i has to make Infinite play like classic to be successful and ditch the modern halo gameplay/movement forever
They don't have to do anything, but the track record of 4 and 5 aren't very strong. Halo 4 shipping 9.75 million opposed to Reach's 9.8 (you could probably attribute this number to the curiosity behind the passing of the torch from bungie to 343 and the return of Master Chief but it not surpassing Reach wasn't a great sign) and Halo 5 only shipping 5 million, the lowest sales in a mainline halo title. So obviously something in the current formula isn't working right now.
TECH PON3 wrote:
TECH PON3 wrote:

They don't have to do anything, but the track record of 4 and 5 aren't very strong. Halo 4 shipping 9.75 million opposed to Reach's 9.8 (you could probably attribute this number to the curiosity behind the passing of the torch from bungie to 343 and the return of Master Chief but it not surpassing Reach wasn't a great sign) and Halo 5 only shipping 5 million, the lowest sales in a mainline halo title. So obviously something in the current formula isn't working right now.
Funny how the sales speak for themselves yet there is still a claim that the community for classic vs. COD movement is split 50/50.
Back to the basics is what we need. Make a prequel and go with classic settings. If it does well then there is your answer.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3