Let's be real here....

OP TECH PON3

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
TECH PON3 wrote:
Your right about it basically being classic halo. But halo 3 base movement is slower the CE.
Halo CE, 2, and 3 all have the exact same movement speed of 2.25 units per second.

and Halo 5 only shipping 5 million, the lowest sales in a mainline halo title.
This number is from three months after the release and is thus terribly outdated. It's like saying Halo 3 only ever sold 8 million copies, which is the rough number three months after release, in contrast to the actual 15 million it had sold by 2012. It's reasonable to expect Halo 5 to be at least in the 7 to 9 million range by this point, and that it will quite possibly end up in the ballpark with Halo Reach and 4.
juhoxxx wrote:
I still think hybrid gameplay is the best way to go. Remove the sprint and increase the the base movement speed
That ain't a hybrid gameplay ma man. What you just described is classic slightly rebalanced. And personally, I would be fine with that!
juhoxxx wrote:
I still think hybrid gameplay is the best way to go. Remove the sprint and increase the the base movement speed
That ain't a hybrid gameplay ma man. What you just described is classic slightly rebalanced. And personally, I would be fine with that!
I believe classic usually excludes all advanced movement abilities from Halo 5. This is literally just no-sprint Halo 5, which probably works for some people, but not for others.
tsassi wrote:
juhoxxx wrote:
I believe classic usually excludes all advanced movement abilities from Halo 5. This is literally just no-sprint Halo 5, which probably works for some people, but not for others.
I thought he meant exactly that, no abilities but faster feeling due to higher bms. If it's like you said, in other words H5 just without sprint, than of course I agree. That's not a "classic" Halo gameplay.
tsassi wrote:
juhoxxx wrote:
I thought he meant exactly that, no abilities but faster feeling due to higher bms. If it's like you said, in other words H5 just without sprint, than of course I agree. That's not a "classic" Halo gameplay.
That's how I interpreted it anyway. The post says "Remove the sprint", not "Remove Spartan Abilities" or anything suggesting classic gameplay.
I think if 343 did both styles they would get criticized for not knowing what they want and not having a clear direction to take the franchise. Not to mention, all the extra work and problems you also create by basically having two separate games. Personally, I'd rather they make it more of a hybrid or lessen the abilities role in the game, but they should just do whatever their vision of Halo is and let the game sales decide if it was the right one.
tsassi wrote:
TECH PON3 wrote:
Your right about it basically being classic halo. But halo 3 base movement is slower the CE.
Halo CE, 2, and 3 all have the exact same movement speed of 2.25 units per second.
Well it doesn't feel like the same as CE and 2 base movement but I could just be really stupid thinking 3 is the slowest halo game.
In my personal opinion they shouldn’t go full on classic gameplay. Just remove sprint and ground pound. By removing sprint you also remove the slide and spartan charge. Keep thrusters but lower the distance you travel and maybe keep clamber. Also remove stabilizers.
TECH PON3 wrote:
Halo Infinite can't make everyone happy gameplay and movement wise. 343i will be making people mad no matter what they do. If Halo Infinite plays like classic halo it will make modern fans mad and if it plays like modern halo then classic fans will be mad. There can't be a hybrid gameplay since it would fail to please both groups in some shape or form. So 343i would either have to make Halo Infinite play like classic or modern halo. SO I think they will be making modern fans mad.

So yeah 343i are in a corner and is screwed in terms of gameplay/movement.
They kind of cornered themselves.Fans made it known that they didnt like the modern changes bungie made in halo reach and instead of changing that back to classic 343 doubled down in the modern gameplay in halo 4 and 5 and lost alot of fans and a big chunk of population as a result
In my personal opinion they shouldn’t go full on classic gameplay. Just remove sprint and ground pound. By removing sprint you also remove the slide and spartan charge. Keep thrusters but lower the distance you travel and maybe keep clamber. Also remove stabilizers.
How can you slide or have the momentum to spartan charge without building up speed?
I disagree.

There can be a happy median, it's just a matter of successfully implementing it. Great examples are every Halo game until Halo 4. Up until Halo 4, the evolution of combat changed at a miniscule level. In other words, the "change" in gameplay was significant, yet subtle (ie, dual wielding, equipment and Sprint as a "pick up").

Halo 4 changed too much, too soon. Thus, Halo 4 being a complete disaster, with Halo 5 not far behind.
How can you slide or have the momentum to spartan charge without building up speed?
I would be happy with classic gameplay + single use thrusters, with a long cool down.
TECH PON3 wrote:
tsassi wrote:
TECH PON3 wrote:
Well it doesn't feel like the same as CE and 2 base movement but I could just be really stupid thinking 3 is the slowest halo game.
It's because of the field of view. Halo 3 has the smallest field of view of all Halo games. The way the (non-flat) scene is projected onto the screen causes some distortion of the image which turns out to affect the sensation of speed. Here's a demonstration of the effect.
tsassi wrote:
TECH PON3 wrote:
tsassi wrote:
TECH PON3 wrote:
It's because of the field of view. Halo 3 has the smallest field of view of all Halo games. The way the (non-flat) scene is projected onto the screen causes some distortion of the image which turns out to affect the sensation of speed. Here's a demonstration of the effect.
The ability to adjust FoV would be nice. I would much rather tweak FoV for an increased feel of speed and have my gun at the ready at all times, as opposed to tweaking deadzones for my aiming.
Why not program both classic and modern, and at the start of the game, offer the option to choose how to play. You can switch it again later on, of course.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the classic Halo's, but the movement is tedious to me. I think Halo 5 had the best movement in the series minus a few minor complaints. With that said, If I had to pick between the classics and Reach/H4, I would pick the classics hands down
Classic movement for me. I dont like thrusting, charging, hovering and sliding around.
I think you miss read what I wrote. By removing sprint you remove slide and spartan charge
I think you miss read what I wrote. By removing sprint you remove slide and spartan charge
I mean you could still have those two implemented even without sprint (if you wanted to). For charge give the player a meter to fill, fill it up and you can charge, simply be moving forward and hold the melee button for 2-3 seconds to charge the meter. There's plenty of games that do use BMS but still have slide, all you need is any kind of forward movement and hold the crouch button.

Sprint isn't exactly needed to make them possibilities.
I mean you could still have those two implemented even without sprint (if you wanted to). For charge give the player a meter to fill, fill it up and you can charge, simply be moving forward and hold the melee button for 2-3 seconds to charge the meter. There's plenty of games that do use BMS but still have slide, all you need is any kind of forward movement and hold the crouch button.

Sprint isn't exactly needed to make them possibilities.
It doesn’t seem likely that’s something that works very well with Halo (shocking coming from me who defends the advanced movements)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3