Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Let's be real here....

OP TECH PON3

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
In my personal opinion they shouldn’t go full on classic gameplay. Just remove sprint and ground pound. By removing sprint you also remove the slide and spartan charge. Keep thrusters but lower the distance you travel and maybe keep clamber. Also remove stabilizers.
How can you slide or have the momentum to spartan charge without building up speed?
I think you miss read what I wrote. By removing sprint you remove slide and spartan charge
I mean you could still have those two implemented even without sprint (if you wanted to). For charge give the player a meter to fill, fill it up and you can charge, simply be moving forward and hold the melee button for 2-3 seconds to charge the meter. There's plenty of games that do use BMS but still have slide, all you need is any kind of forward movement and hold the crouch button.

Sprint isn't exactly needed to make them possibilities.
It doesn’t seem likely that’s something that works very well with Halo (shocking coming from me who defends the advanced movements)
They wouldn't work well at all. There wouldn't be any difference between trying to crouch and trying to slide at that point. You would have to stop walking just to crouch. I don't know how I feel about the spartan charge or the advanced mechanics. The overall movement speed is the thing that changes the game the most. It isn't like people are constantly spartan charging or constantly ground pounding (besides a few annoying people).
They can't go back to the HCE-H3 movements. It just will not work. I think they'll keep a similar movement system with various tweaks.
In my personal opinion they shouldn’t go full on classic gameplay. Just remove sprint and ground pound. By removing sprint you also remove the slide and spartan charge. Keep thrusters but lower the distance you travel and maybe keep clamber. Also remove stabilizers.
How can you slide or have the momentum to spartan charge without building up speed?
I think you miss read what I wrote. By removing sprint you remove slide and spartan charge
I did indeed
I still think its possible to have a hybrid type of gameplay, mostly I think the game if done to please both is leaning more towards classic gameplay then modern. Like taking out sprint and the, "ads". I think just a regular zoom like we always had before was pretty good since the beginning and needed not that much change.
Red III wrote:
juhoxxx wrote:
I still think hybrid gameplay is the best way to go. Remove the sprint and increase the the base movement speed
removnig sprint and increasing base movement speed is classic halo. base movement in the first 3 was way higher
Well there's still thrusters, aiming and levitation while aiming, clamber and ground pound.
Even a hybrid system won't please everyone. This is a notoriously grumpy community ever since the Halo 2 days. With that said a hybrid where sprint is removed, BMS is boosted and the other enhanced abilities are still kept is probably the closest to "everyone is happy" Infinite is ever going to get. Whatever they go for, I'm hyped!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3