Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Leveling and Armor System

OP exactchase

I’m a huge fan of leveling in any and all games, and at the moment, the Halo games are my go to for leveling. I liked Halo 5’s leveling system with them using numbers instead of ranks. (Spartans don’t have ranks in lore, so it doesn’t make sense to use ranks) I did not like the lootboxes however.
So what if Halo: Infinite returned to Halo: Reach’s style of armor unlocks? Your XP is also what you use to buy armor, but you have to be at a certain level to get certain armor. That way you’d know someone had put time into the game just by looking at them. Also, please get rid of those weird helmet designs where you look at them and go, “How can they see?”
Halo Reach customization would restore the 25% of Halo Love that I lost to REQs. I would prefer Halo 3 style customization.
I enjoyed the Halo 5 / Reach approach, do away with REQ stuff and just have it as unlock-able via challenges / achievements or Reaches CR which was quite cool except the lack of Elite customization...
I agree. I think that you should be able to tell if a person is a high rank or just has played the game a lot by their armor. I remember actually feeling somewhat exited in Reach and seeing a player with decked out armor because I knew just from seeing their armor that they have put the hours in and are experienced creating a challenging and fun game. I really do hope that 343 have a more in depth customization system in this upcoming title instead of just set armor pieces and helmets with different skins. However I don't believe that Req packs will leave because from a money side this brings in a lot of revenue. But all in all I am exited to see where they go with it. and um.. ya know fully customisable playable elites would be cool aswell.
Something more akin to the Halo 4/Reach armor customization and unlocking would be nice for sure.
I bring up Halo 4 cause I really loved the customization in that game.
Actually, Spartans do have rank in lore. Master Chief's name is his rank (Master Chief Petty Officer).

On topic though, I'd like a return to either Halo 3 or Reach's system. They were both good. I have a slight preference for Halo 3's system because it encouraged you to do certain tasks to obatin armor while Reach's encouraged you to grind (no fun).
I completely love halo reaches cR system and I love the ranks. Remember seeing a inheritor? And how LOOONG it had to take to get there. I would really like to see something like that come back. I hated the REQ system in halo 5, the REQ system was honestly to me just a cash grab.
There needs to be both skill ranking and time played ranking to fit all players wants I think. 1-50 or whatever numbers need to be the default skill based system again and as far as time played Reach is the most liked so maybe a play on that. As far as customization, there is a lot to be desired from what we have gotten so far. if its another 400 reworked with a stripe type customizations then its just gonna be another lackluster attempt at "a content push" for microtransactions, which will be in the game one way or another.
Honestly I hate the number system it gives no meaning to ranks
on reach 3 and reach it was fun go see my name rank go up especially in reach once I hit non military ranks
LH Justin wrote:
Actually, Spartans do have rank in lore. Master Chief's name is his rank (Master Chief Petty Officer).

On topic though, I'd like a return to either Halo 3 or Reach's system. They were both good. I have a slight preference for Halo 3's system because it encouraged you to do certain tasks to obatin armor while Reach's encouraged you to grind (no fun).
I assumed he meant most of the Spartans never promoted
Honestly I would prefer for the armor customization to be very similar to Reach's but to be more customizable and same can be said for the ranking system, no one wants numbers because they have no meaning at all whatsoever in Halo and the ranks were just satisfying each time you've reached a new one in Reach and your Spartan would aim their DMR as well as your rank shining if you have recently became that rank. At the other hand, I wouldn't mind much if loot crates will return in a combination with this
  • Costumization; Halo Reach
  • How to unlock Armor: With Credits and, for special gear, challenges
  • Bring back Vidmaster Challenges and make it better
  • Vidmaster Challenge should have now six seasons for more special armor
  • Armor should not have 10.000 copies of one Armor with different, stupid stripes etc.
  • EVERY EMBLEM MUST BE FREE FROM THE BEGINNING!
  • Less e-sports, more casual activities to unlock armor (like the Spartan Company thing where you have to force everyone to bring the biggest und differents kills for that stupid armor)
  • Your normal rank must have real military signs and names (like Halo 3's system)
  • Ranked should get less focus
The customization points should be as or more numerous like in Halo: Reach.

The leveling should either have Halo 3 system, Halo Reach system or a system where skill and xp ranks are separate.

Armor unlocks should have either achievement unlock system, leveling system unlock, commendation unlock system, credit system or a mix of those.

Reskins should be unlocked simultaneously and be in a subcategory of regular variant much like extra communication devices and such were in helmets of Halo: Reach.

All emblems should be available from the beginning, armor unlocks should be enough and emblems are your little personal touch before you earn special armor.

The emblems should have more customization points to them, for example, the traditional 2 points with fore- and background and changeable foreground or even more layers with perhaps moveable layers.

The armor should be unlockable in-game as in you shouldnt need to exit the product to get certain armor and you should be able to get the armor by playing alone.

Real SPARTANs have military ranks, as in SPARTAN IIs and SPARTAN IIIs and so i would like to see military rank system in infinite, its more meaningful, its more interesting, its less blank system and so on. The skill rank could be shown with numbers though for clarity since it is what matters more than basically your playtime which manifests as xp.
Though exception to real SPARTAN part is Commander palmer.
I could enjoy a level system like that of reach or Halo 3. Let's face it they aren't getting rid or REQs but it would be awesome if getting to a certain rank would reward you with a certain armor piece that can't be obtained through the REQ system.