Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Live Events in Campaign

OP Qwerty polopus

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm not sure how much this topic has been discussed since they formally unveiled that Halo Infinite would yes be open world, but still adhere mainly to FPS tropes of the series. Prior to that announcement there was a lot of speculation that Infinite would take on certain RPG elements, and I guess the extent to which that is true for campaign is still an open question. Now, we know Infinite will not be a 'shared-world shooter' a la Destiny. There will be online coop, yes, but the action is happening on Player 1's server, instead of like WoW realms.

I still keep coming back to the same few questions though - Will there be PvE outside of campaign grinding (we know Firefight won't launch with release)? Will there be any online component in campaign outside of private parties? I wonder if there might be some sort of live events triggered from within the campaign that might load you into some sort of PvP/PvPvE map? Or perhaps, will 343i take famous challenges from the campaign and run matchmaking on them similar to a Raid?

Or perhaps, will there be seasonal events that may work like DLC by rewriting areas of the map - but is still 'offline' and only effects your personal world? They'll surely need regular content refreshes within the campaign once the majority of players hit end game.

Just some thoughts. Let me know what you think!
Firefight does not release with the game? Well tbh, I never heard anything about Firefight in Infinite #wasteallthepotential

I think there might be PvPvE modes but on the other side I'm sure we will not have an revolutionary new gamemode or smt like that, otherwise 343 would have already showed it.
Firefight does not release with the game? Well tbh, I never heard anything about Firefight in Infinite #wasteallthepotential

I think there might be PvPvE modes but on the other side I'm sure we will not have an revolutionary new gamemode or smt like that, otherwise 343 would have already showed it.
Yeah unfortunately not. Although FF is fun, I do feel it's a bit of an outdated concept. Not a lot of games have a traditional horde mode anymore. I think that's why they tried to update it through Warzone with H5, however I'm guessing this concept will live on through some sort of BTB gametype.
now that I think about it, I don't know if I've seen any news about FF. I play it occasionally, trying the new flood FF in the season 8 flight. I won't be sad if it's not in H:I.

The addition of bots means we could see some Forge specific PvE maps/modes. That could get interesting.
Doubt most of this. At most expect firefight outside of campaign and then dlc expansions. So it will be a bit more traditional given there isnt actually any "live" spaces in the game
Idk about live events, but I’m holding out hope for a PvPvE mode in the game. Warzone was far from perfect in my opinion (Req system, bullet sponge bosses, etc) but I still think it has a lot of potential left in the tank if it’s redesigned from the ground up and incorporated elements of Invasion.
the live game aspect still has me concerned especially as 343 hasn't expanded any on it. If I can't play this thing offline then I'm out because of the potential issues that has with it concerning if we'll be able to play the f!lippin thing even down the line. It's fair enough people would be happy with that model but it's not something I would associate with a campaign in a good way. In 20 years I'll still be able to play HaloCE for example on xbox one but if Infinite follows a Destiny approach then that guaranteed just isn't there
Live events would be fantastic. Even if they only happen within a HUB world with a limited lobby.
Honestly, with how the game takes place on the ring... things the chief has done in the player save file, in my opinion, should be reflected in voice lines, or radio transmissions if their even in there. It may be a horrible idea, but it is an Idea! Also, I like the concept.
the live game aspect still has me concerned especially as 343 hasn't expanded any on it. If I can't play this thing offline then I'm out because of the potential issues that has with it concerning if we'll be able to play the f!lippin thing even down the line. It's fair enough people would be happy with that model but it's not something I would associate with a campaign in a good way. In 20 years I'll still be able to play HaloCE for example on xbox one but if Infinite follows a Destiny approach then that guaranteed just isn't there
One potential benefit from having the Campaign and MP as split games, is that the Campaign will likely be playable offline, while the MP component is an online-only game.
One potential benefit from having the Campaign and MP as split games, is that the Campaign will likely be playable offline, while the MP component is an online-only game.
I sure hope so. It likely will as you say but I'd rather 343 just came out and said
I sure hope so. It likely will as you say but I'd rather 343 just came out and said
No, I would definitely assume Astrogenesis is correct in that the Infinite campaign will function very much like the previous Halo campaigns, with a few innovations here and there like open world and potentially destructible environments etc. It would be the exception to the norm if there were to be live events for social play activatable from the campaign space.
Honestly, with how the game takes place on the ring... things the chief has done in the player save file, in my opinion, should be reflected in voice lines, or radio transmissions if their even in there. It may be a horrible idea, but it is an Idea! Also, I like the concept.
I'm a bit confused by this. Can you expand?
Doubt most of this. At most expect firefight outside of campaign and then dlc expansions. So it will be a bit more traditional given there isnt actually any "live" spaces in the game
What makes you say there isn't any 'live' spaces in the game? Is that confirmed?
Sounds luminous but I'd still like to be able to play the base game offline atleast, glad they improved the ai.
What makes you say there isn't any 'live' spaces in the game? Is that confirmed?
its pretty apparent purely based on their designes for everything. As of now, there is 0 evidence of there being a live space, let alone one big enough to have "live events" in
its pretty apparent purely based on their designes for everything. As of now, there is 0 evidence of there being a live space, let alone one big enough to have "live events" in
Yep, totally. Not a lot has been released yet in general. So we actually don't know yet in regards to the above. Hence the speculation.
I'm not sure how much this topic has been discussed since they formally unveiled that Halo Infinite would yes be open world, but still adhere mainly to FPS tropes of the series. Prior to that announcement there was a lot of speculation that Infinite would take on certain RPG elements, and I guess the extent to which that is true for campaign is still an open question. Now, we know Infinite will not be a 'shared-world shooter' a la Destiny. There will be online coop, yes, but the action is happening on Player 1's server, instead of like WoW realms.

I still keep coming back to the same few questions though - Will there be PvE outside of campaign grinding (we know Firefight won't launch with release)? Will there be any online component in campaign outside of private parties? I wonder if there might be some sort of live events triggered from within the campaign that might load you into some sort of PvP/PvPvE map? Or perhaps, will 343i take famous challenges from the campaign and run matchmaking on them similar to a Raid?

Or perhaps, will there be seasonal events that may work like DLC by rewriting areas of the map - but is still 'offline' and only effects your personal world? They'll surely need regular content refreshes within the campaign once the majority of players hit end game.

Just some thoughts. Let me know what you think!
Nostradamus here. They won't have any PVE live features and there is 0 RPG elements.

On a positive note: Wait till you guys get the campaign, wow. I can't believe that Cortana sacrifices herself for John. So touching. Totally worth 60 big ones.

Also this:
Quote:
"In response, 343 says very clearly that Halo Infinite is not open-world, just in case there were any Halo fans that had that misconception. The Halo Infinite demo that was showcased in 2020 admittedly may have given that impression, but that was meant to convey the size and openness of certain levels rather than a true open-world nature. But no, Halo Infinite will not be an open-world game akin to Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, or the like."
In all seriousness though, your ideas are pretty -Yoinking!- good. It's a crime that people like you aren't in charge of Halo.
In reality, 343 is probably way too busy just trying to win back the Halo audience to even try ambitious new things like PVE live events and raids.
Some of these discussions are making it sound like the game will be similar to Destiny, and while I enjoyed several years with that game, I hope it's not true. It would be OK, IMO, to borrow some of the concepts (world events, some RPG-style weapon upgrade mechanics, preset armor shaders), but to try and copy a good portion of that formula would be a huge disappointment. I play halo for the story, and Master Chief does NOT need to be turned into a lifeless destiny character. Nor does the plot need to be hidden. Please have huge action sequences with our voiced MC, succinct story each season, and tons of extra lore hidden around the environment so we're encouraged to explore every nook and cranny (please have flood easter eggs, mendicant bias easter egg, ancient human remnants, etc). That's predominantly what I need to be happy, which really isn't much.
I'm a bit confused by this. Can you expand?
What I mean, is that in the main game besides campaign, there should be chatter about what the player/John-117 has achieved on Instilation 07. It's a concept, which I really want, because that adds more immersion, and honestly? I love immersion.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2