Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Live Events in Campaign

OP Qwerty polopus

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm not sure how much this topic has been discussed since they formally unveiled that Halo Infinite would yes be open world, but still adhere mainly to FPS tropes of the series. Prior to that announcement there was a lot of speculation that Infinite would take on certain RPG elements, and I guess the extent to which that is true for campaign is still an open question. Now, we know Infinite will not be a 'shared-world shooter' a la Destiny. There will be online coop, yes, but the action is happening on Player 1's server, instead of like WoW realms.

I still keep coming back to the same few questions though - Will there be PvE outside of campaign grinding (we know Firefight won't launch with release)? Will there be any online component in campaign outside of private parties? I wonder if there might be some sort of live events triggered from within the campaign that might load you into some sort of PvP/PvPvE map? Or perhaps, will 343i take famous challenges from the campaign and run matchmaking on them similar to a Raid?

Or perhaps, will there be seasonal events that may work like DLC by rewriting areas of the map - but is still 'offline' and only effects your personal world? They'll surely need regular content refreshes within the campaign once the majority of players hit end game.

Just some thoughts. Let me know what you think!
Nostradamus here. They won't have any PVE live features and there is 0 RPG elements.

On a positive note: Wait till you guys get the campaign, wow. I can't believe that Cortana sacrifices herself for John. So touching. Totally worth 60 big ones.

Also this:
Quote:
"In response, 343 says very clearly that Halo Infinite is not open-world, just in case there were any Halo fans that had that misconception. The Halo Infinite demo that was showcased in 2020 admittedly may have given that impression, but that was meant to convey the size and openness of certain levels rather than a true open-world nature. But no, Halo Infinite will not be an open-world game akin to Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, or the like."
In all seriousness though, your ideas are pretty -Yoinking!- good. It's a crime that people like you aren't in charge of Halo.
In reality, 343 is probably way too busy just trying to win back the Halo audience to even try ambitious new things like PVE live events and raids.
Thank you, I really appreciate that! In all honesty (probably like the vast majority of us) I've always wanted to work on Halo haha. So this is both uplifting feedback as well as a bit of a let down. Didn't realize it wasn't actually entirely open world. We will see, I'm sure it's going to be awesome, but yeah I think Halo has room for some of these more ambitious additions to the game.
I'm not usually a fan of live events or times events in campaign but if they add them and people like it then I'm all for it.

Would be cool to have some MP elements like if they do a side campaign with your Spartan you could complete training missions which involve MP matches against bots. Great way to introduce single players to the MP and bots and maybe get them to dip their feet into actual matchmaking. Any way to bring new players on board, the better.
Honestly, with how the game takes place on the ring... things the chief has done in the player save file, in my opinion, should be reflected in voice lines, or radio transmissions if their even in there. It may be a horrible idea, but it is an Idea! Also, I like the concept.
I'm a bit confused by this. Can you expand?
What I mean, is that in the main game besides campaign, there should be chatter about what the player/John-117 has achieved on Instilation 07. It's a concept, which I really want, because that adds more immersion, and honestly? I love immersion.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Kind of like the story-telling dialogue in Halo Wars, yeah? In H5 though, I think they stepped up relying on the voiced over scripts while the player is in some arena encounter, rather than the player experience sort of unfolding in the story. Which seems cheap. So I'd love to see more audio for additional immersion as you say, but am weary of it being relied on too much.
Honestly, with how the game takes place on the ring... things the chief has done in the player save file, in my opinion, should be reflected in voice lines, or radio transmissions if their even in there. It may be a horrible idea, but it is an Idea! Also, I like the concept.
I'm a bit confused by this. Can you expand?
What I mean, is that in the main game besides campaign, there should be chatter about what the player/John-117 has achieved on Instilation 07. It's a concept, which I really want, because that adds more immersion, and honestly? I love immersion.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Kind of like the story-telling dialogue in Halo Wars, yeah? In H5 though, I think they stepped up relying on the voiced over scripts while the player is some arena encounter, rather than the player experience sort of unfolding in the story. Which seems cheap. So I'd love to see more audio for additional immersion as you say, but am weary of it being relied on too much.
Well, sometimes you do, or don't, get what you wish for...
Sounds luminous but I'd still like to be able to play the base game offline atleast, glad they improved the ai.
Oh, for sure. I'd never advocate for a Halo campaign which requires persistent connection. That would be a terrible idea. But that doesn't mean that when online, it's possible that voluntary live events couldn't announce themselves to you.
Ken2379 wrote:
I'm not usually a fan of live events or times events in campaign but if they add them and people like it then I'm all for it.

Would be cool to have some MP elements like if they do a side campaign with your Spartan you could complete training missions which involve MP matches against bots. Great way to introduce single players to the MP and bots and maybe get them to dip their feet into actual matchmaking. Any way to bring new players on board, the better.
Oh that would actually be cool. Like incorporate bot MP matches into the campaign in a lore way. Sorta like they did with the matchmaking in H4/5 being a simulation for Spartan training.
Seasonal events are great in my opinion. I love snowy versions of maps to celebrate the holidays or shoot some pumpkin heads during Halloween. It's not exactly lore-friendly, but it keeps things from getting stale.
Seasonal events are great in my opinion. I love snowy versions of maps to celebrate the holidays or shoot some pumpkin heads during Halloween. It's not exactly lore-friendly, but it keeps things from getting stale.
Oh yeah! That's a great point. I remember in the H3 days logging onto matchmaking around Halloween time and Valhalla was all done up with pumpkins and the like. It was awesome. Pretty sure they put snow & lights around the map for xmas too. This kind of thing creates community within the game. I'm all for it. Made everything feel merry.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2