Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Love for the Falcon

OP UndoingTundra63

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
it pangs me slightly to not see the airborne equivalent of the warthog return to halo's gameplay in Infinite. i think it played in a very unique fashion to the banshee and brought a lot of diversity to the sandbox, highly rewarding good teamplay with lightning fast speeds and potent weaponry to boot. while I have my personal love for the falcon, i want to know if everyone else also misses the falcon. do yall want it in infinite or is it not worth the effort it might take?
With the campaign having a heavy reliance on AI companions, I think having a multi-personnel airborne vehicle is a must. Whether the falcon or Hornet makes a return, or we’ll be able to fly pelicans or Condors. Would be very dissatisfied if this area of the vehicle sandbox is left empty
JCMsergox wrote:
With the campaign having a heavy reliance on AI companions, I think having a multi-personnel airborne vehicle is a must. Whether the falcon or Hornet makes a return, or we’ll be able to fly pelicans or Condors. Would be very dissatisfied if this area of the vehicle sandbox is left empty
i'm glad someone else agrees, i still love driving marines around on my grenade falcon in halo reach. too fun :)
it pangs me slightly to not see the airborne equivalent of the warthog return to halo's gameplay in Infinite. i think it played in a very unique fashion to the banshee and brought a lot of diversity to the sandbox, highly rewarding good teamplay with lightning fast speeds and potent weaponry to boot. while I have my personal love for the falcon, i want to know if everyone else also misses the falcon. do yall want it in infinite or is it not worth the effort it might take?
It's worth the effort as it serves a unique spot in the sandbox. I think they may yet still add it in later, they did say they're already working on the vehicles being added for the first DLC
My take on it.

The falcon was alright to me. But I never quite understood the infatuation with it. Like it was very meh to me. I'm not sold on the Wasp either but I think it makes more sense in terms of sandbox gameplay.
It's worth the effort as it serves a unique spot in the sandbox. I think they may yet still add it in later, they did say they're already working on the vehicles being added for the first DLC
did they really? where did they say that, if i may inquire?
My take on it.

The falcon was alright to me. But I never quite understood the infatuation with it. Like it was very meh to me. I'm not sold on the Wasp either but I think it makes more sense in terms of sandbox gameplay.
the reason people love the falcon is the fact that it was unique. like the warthog, you had to rely on your teamates to be effective in a falcon, it rewarded great teamplay with brutal aerial superiority rather than the hornet which was more of a lone-wolf vehicle. not to mention, the crazy speed was super fun :)
did they really? where did they say that, if i may inquire?
I forget where they first said it. I think it was one of the Inside Infinite blogs, the one where they talked about the sandbox? And then again in the multiplayer overview vidoc.
My take on it.

This, Falcon is nice but was always a bit crappy in actual games. Teammates would never get in during BTB and you were easy pickings for a laser once you took off.
Yeah, my opinion is that the Falcon is a vehicle type that’s suited for very particular situations. It’s got a weight and heft to it compared to the Hornet and the Wasp, and you need two other players to make it the most effective. Alongside that, like Novacat pointed out, you were a huge target once you got moving.

If we actually do see the Falcon in Infinite, my guess is that it’ll be relegated to the campaign. If they have some sort of special co-op vs. AI mode like Firefight or a new Spartan Ops, with them being on a larger scale, I could see the Falcon returning for that.
Airborne warthog is such a brilliant and accurate way to describe the falcon and i will now describe it as such.
It really is disappointing that we seem to be stuck with boring the Phaeton reskin(aka Wasp) which itself was just a Forerunner themed banshee.

The Falcon was a truly unique addition that didn't feel like just a banshee retread and could have had a larger role in the larger 12v12 maps of Infinite if they added passengers to the multiplayer variants. The potential to add it as DLC is there but the core sandbox that ships with the game is always the most important and its a shame the vehicle sandbox doesn't appear to have gotten the same amount of love as the weapon sandbox.
Airborne warthog is such a brilliant and accurate way to describe the falcon and i will now describe it as such.
thank ya! im pretty proud of that myself :P
Given the increased number of player in this BTB 2.0 mode, having a fully loaded Falcon would be less of a burden on the rest of the team on the ground in terms of numbers. This would make it more likely to occur during gameplay.

Perhaps they are saving in for a reveal later down the road? Though I wouldn’t be that bummed out if it wasn’t in the game.

I’d rather the role be filled by a new Banished vehicle, and then they can bring back the Falcon later if they want.
Given the increased number of player in this BTB 2.0 mode, having a fully loaded Falcon would be less of a burden on the rest of the team on the ground in terms of numbers. This would make it more likely to occur during gameplay.

Perhaps they are saving in for a reveal later down the road? Though I wouldn’t be that bummed out if it wasn’t in the game.

I’d rather the role be filled by a new Banished vehicle, and then they can bring back the Falcon later if they want.
ooooo, that might be fun actually! maybe a light troop carrier that fires brute shots?

ooooo, that might be fun actually! maybe a light troop carrier that fires brute shots?
I think a nice blend of Falcon and Hornet functionality would be nice.

Imagine a Hornet shape, remove the legs, and have a hanging brute shot turret at the rear with a a 270 degree swivel. I’d probably give the pilot red plasma canons like a ghost. Make the thrusters similar to the Blisterback, and a red/charcoal paint job.
Then there could be a troop version, which replaces the turret with 2 seater hanging chassis.
To make it a trio, there could be a brute harpoon turret variant that makes use of the grapple hook mechanics, allowing you to grab vehicles, environment objects, explosives, killing Spartans, etc. It might not get much application in the campaign and general matchmaking, but the custom mini games potential is there.
Transporting the boys to attack the enemy in a falcon was the best thing ever to come to halo. They should definitely add it in at some point.
I wouldn't mind it.

I'm sure the Banished would come up with a cool transport to sit in this role.
I was never a fan of the Falcon, personally. Sure, it was unique. But in like 99% of my Reach games with it, it was a flying Triple Kill within 30-seconds after takeoff.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2