Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

M-rating (more blood and gore)

OP megaman2003

Not saying that 343 should just go Doom mode on Halo: Infinite, but it would be nice if after a headshot I could see a spurt of blood exit the other side of someone’s helmet. I do realize that they are trying to make the most balanced game to both bring in newcomers and keep old time players alike, but since it seems like 343 Industries is attempting to bring back a more familiar art style change, this is something to consider. This also ties into the whole Flood returning debate. I say that if they aren’t made as gorey and nightmarish as before with all of the veins and blood spewing out of them (Ex: Halo 2 Marine Flood Combat Form), and their bodies are able to be destructed and disassembled (Halo 3 Flood), they shouldn’t come back at all. Obviously this amount of blood and gore being reintroduced into the game would boost it up to an M-rating, which in my opinion, the game should be anyways. Just my two cents.
(OFF TOPIC) Needless to say, I do love what I am seeing so far with the Halo: Infinite Teaser, although it isn’t much. At the end of the day, I would love to see fans of the old games, such as myself, enjoy Halo: Infinite with the fans of the new games. For me to say that Halo: Infinite will have a full blown revert to the old art style would make me extremely naive. However, this is not a bad thing. There are things that I love about Bungie era games and there are things that I love about 343 era Games. For example, I love the Prometheans but they should have a new redesign that makes them look more like forerunner creations (not the wierd skull face and chrome floating armor) Anyways, 343, if any of you are reading this, please take these ideas into consideration, I know there are many fans that agree to these things as well.
I wouldn't mind that obviously a lot of young kids play Halo so they'd have to be careful with it so I understand if they wouldn't, but (ex-Halo 2 the covenant was blue blood everywhere insane amounts actually & maybe they could get away with it that way because human blood & alien although blood isperceived a little different & less gruesome yet still awesome .
Bro the more the blood the better the game!!!
I dont really care about the rating as long as the game would have gore to some degree, much like in Halo before with splatter marks and bloodsplatters from damage. Also, maybe some random dialogue could resemble more of the old style Halo games with occasional swearing.
The rating with such things would be in the edge of T & M and I would hope that whoever are making the calls are not aiming for lower rating to "broaden the demographic".

I wouldn't mind that obviously a lot of young kids play Halo so they'd have to be careful with it so I understand if they wouldn't, but (ex-Halo 2 the covenant was blue blood everywhere insane amounts actually & maybe they could get away with it that way because human blood & alien although blood isperceived a little different & less gruesome yet still awesome .
The rating is there for a reason, the rest is up to the parents of those kids. If some have tendencies of getting effected by getting exposed to such content, then it should be really thought that whether such persons should be playing such games.

So its not the companies that should be careful (obviously common sense is needed in everything though, including development decisions.) but the people themselves. Everyone should have responsibility of themselves and their possible kids to some degree. People tend to blame things on many other things before looking in the mirror. Such other examples could be movies and books. Games are just one of the newer hot topics.

Also, in multiplayer the killable characters are humans in most cases. Very rarely there are hostile humans in campaign.
I dont really care about the rating as long as the game would have gore to some degree, much like in Halo before with splatter marks and bloodsplatters from damage. Also, maybe some random dialogue could resemble more of the old style Halo games with occasional swearing.
The rating with such things would be in the edge of T & M and I would hope that whoever are making the calls are not aiming for lower rating to "broaden the demographic".

The rating is there for a reason, the rest is up to the parents of those kids. If some have tendencies of getting effected by getting exposed to such content, then it should be really thought that whether such persons should be playing such games.

So its not the companies that should be careful (obviously common sense is needed in everything though, including development decisions.) but the people themselves. Everyone should have responsibility of themselves and their possible kids to some degree. People tend to blame things on many other things before looking in the mirror. Such other examples could be movies and books. Games are just one of the newer hot topics.

Also, in multiplayer the killable characters are humans in most cases. Very rarely there are hostile humans in campaign.
I agree you've got a good point all I'm saying is they're trying to appeal to all & it's a hard thing since we do have younger kids playing Halo, but I am in full agreement with you we definitely need some blood & gore.
I honestly wouldn't mind having blood in it. Honestly in this day and age I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to put blood on and keep the T rating. It's not like back then when I was younger anymore.
Yes more blood and some extra flood gieger gore
Did I just hear more blood? COUNT ME IN! Who knows maybe if the flood reappears we can get some of that Halo 3 gore :D
I agree, bring on the blood.
Yes, blood. I want to see more, if I had my way I would go full dismemberment, blood flying, decapitation etc. However that is personal opinion. Halo has never had that level of gore, but I would settle for the Halo CE to Halo 3 blood effects, maybe a tad more. I like context in games, a Spartan shooting a 14.5 mm sniper round through a jackals skull would pop that head.

I would not mind the Titanfall level of gore. A Mantis rocket barrage would make a gooey mess, a Scorpion tank round would obliterate anything of the organic variety, I would also have no issues about having a certain level of destruction too. These are my wishes, I doubt I'll see it in a Halo title, but I do thihk they could crank up the carnage a bit.
Yes more bloooooood!
Agreed. We need more blood!

I agree you've got a good point all I'm saying is they're trying to appeal to all & it's a hard thing since we do have younger kids playing Halo, but I am in full agreement with you we definitely need some blood & gore.
thats the problem, is halo was never 'meant' for kids. Give it the rating and let the parents decide.
I'd like to see more blood, particularly at a CE level. It's an aesthetic thing, it sets an atmosphere.

For example, even in the Pillar of Autumn, your first ever experience with Halo. You have your ship being attacked by an alien force, the place is a warzone. Hallways are busted up, splattered with blood. After a tense battle you can SEE what happened, it gives a completely different feel to the experience. Unlike promethean fights in the current games where they just disappear and the landscape is clean with no signs of a battle happening, it's lackluster imo.

However, I don't see them going for it, they're going to want to sell it to as wide an audience as possible, and corpse-smacking for blood fountains doesn't sell to moms.
Not saying that 343 should just go Doom mode on Halo: Infinite, but it would be nice if after a headshot I could see a spurt of blood exit the other side of someone’s helmet. I do realize that they are trying to make the most balanced game to both bring in newcomers and keep old time players alike, but since it seems like 343 Industries is attempting to bring back a more familiar art style change, this is something to consider. This also ties into the whole Flood returning debate. I say that if they aren’t made as gorey and nightmarish as before with all of the veins and blood spewing out of them (Ex: Halo 2 Marine Flood Combat Form), and their bodies are able to be destructed and disassembled (Halo 3 Flood), they shouldn’t come back at all. Obviously this amount of blood and gore being reintroduced into the game would boost it up to an M-rating, which in my opinion, the game should be anyways. Just my two cents.
I don't feel like the game needs to go back to M, but I do agree with 343i keeping the Flood out of the game if the rating remains T.

I see & saw what your point was and I too just wrote, to put it simply, that companies shouldnt really aim to certain rating or try to design the content for really young audiences when the previous products in the same storyline have been rated for near adult demographic.
I wouldnt be though, against if there was some kid version of Halo that is aimed for younger demographic which could be some sort of spin-off or revision of older games with some aspects and scenes being toned down if they wish to introduce young people to Halo. The latter could be compared to those lego games like Lego star wars.

I just add an example as to why there should be gore and blood to some extent. Its one way to show the consequences of war, without such features there is a danger of game becoming even unintentionally a glorification of war.

Its definitely known that big franchises have kids playing the latest installments in the series but since the rating is there the rest is up to those kids parents since kids cant buy the certain rated games from stores.
The problem with that is online purchases but that too can be prevented by keeping money out of the Xbox profile and so on. Im not really going to make full parental advice list though.