Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Main menu ideas?

OP sniper945

So it's a given that we all need a functioning main menu... but what are some ideas you would like to see in both the UI and design of the menu? What about the background?

I personally would like to see a more halo 3 style background. I really like the in-game 3D background they used for all the menus.
Like what you said, I want something that simply works, unlike the disaster that is Halo 5's UI / main menu. I like the main menus of Halos 1-3 a lot. That's not to discount the menus of other games though because every game did a great job of getting me excited for the game by creating atmosphere and allowing me to easily get to where I wanted to. So, I guess I'd like to see a background that shows off the planet / celestial body the story will take place on paired with a relaxing yet evocative song from the soundtrack.
I mainly want a simple, efficient menu system. I don't think it needs to, or even should, do anything particularly fancy. The UI itself only needs to look clean and at most subtly interesting like the page of a well typeset book. The majority of artistic expression should be relegated to the background art. Speaking of which, I don't have anything against a 3D scene if the game happens to have a particularly suitable one to show off. However, I do fancy the concept art style backgrounds used in Reach because those sorts of digital paintings often feel more expressive than in-game scenes.
If I'm being honest, I'd love to have background art on all the separate menus like Reach did. Don't get me wrong, screenshots are fine, but I loved looking at that artwork while I was waiting for matches to load.
If I'm being honest, I'd love to have background art on all the separate menus like Reach did. Don't get me wrong, screenshots are fine, but I loved looking at that artwork while I was waiting for matches to load.
I agree. The art also told something. Murals of battles were nice. I really liked everything about Reach.
Yeah I just want a UI that is intuitive and works. Some background art like Reach is also a fantastic idea. I also wouldn't mind a little easter egg thrown in, like in H5 with the grunt screaming across the menu screen after being inactive for six minutes. Totally worth the wait lol
I like halo reach backgrounds so hope in it or in a remake of halo ce menu with the ring
Something I would want implemented into the UI is the way you equip armor. I think it’d be cool if your spartan was standing in one of the machines that removes and attaches armor while you’re customizing. Just a personal preference that might be cool.
What Reach's UI/Menu system was. Clean, simple, pretty to look at, and I could see other peoples Spartan and Rank in Matchmaking.
Oh and I could mute Mr. Chip smashing, baby crying, sibling yelling player and still talk to the people in the lobby.
speedyjr11 wrote:
What Reach's UI/Menu system was. Clean, simple, pretty to look at, and I could see other peoples Spartan and Rank in Matchmaking.
Oh and I could mute Mr. Chip smashing, baby crying, sibling yelling player and still talk to the people in the lobby.
I personally love Reach's background and UI. I also like the possibilty to see players' rank
Make that another one for reach style backgrounds, because i too favored how reach did things.
jemscarter wrote:
Something I would want implemented into the UI is the way you equip armor. I think it’d be cool if your spartan was standing in one of the machines that removes and attaches armor while you’re customizing. Just a personal preference that might be cool.
Not going to lie I'd actually like this a lot lol
jemscarter wrote:
Not going to lie I'd actually like this a lot lol
That would be cool, but I feel I would want an option to turn off eventually. Over time, the amount of time it would take the animation to switch may get annoying.