Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Make assassinations necessary!

OP N1K Leonhart

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think the assassinations should be necessary in Infinite's new sandbox.For example overshielded players shouldn't die by simple back smack but be assassinated while they still have overshield.
Also for Campaign it would be a nice addition that the stronger enemies don't die so easy by just punching them once or twice.
no. At the end of the day, animation locking can ruin the flow of combat. Players want control and a required animation lock to do a back kill does the opposite. You can see the same thing in titanfall 2. Boarding in TF1 provided the player a lot of control (you can ride, bail or damage). T2 removed that for an animation lock making players locked to an action.

Your also a spartan. Chiefs punched a hole in the haul of the forward unto dawn. He can def punch a brute or spartans back and break it.
I'm a fan of the assassinate to take down OS in MP idea. As long as you can still set a control preference to not have assassinations on non-OS playersif you don't want to.

I know it's faster with the setting where you never assassinate, but I like pulling them off when I feel safe. It messes with some people's heads 😁
I think the assassinations should be necessary in Infinite's new sandbox.For example overshielded players shouldn't die by simple back smack but be assassinated while they still have overshield.
Also for Campaign it would be a nice addition that the stronger enemies don't die so easy by just punching them once or twice.
Assassinations are cool but they would negatively impact the Dance or the golden triangle,
Grenade Gun Melee, the core of Halos gameplay Assassinating is Flair its something you do to really rub in your kill but it leaves you as a player extremely vulnerable in high octane situations. So I have to disagree a melee to the back is sufficient to kill in Halo as it always has been a quick method in taking out opponents quickly. There is even a toggle in Halo 4 5 and I believe reach where you could turn of the animation in favor of a classic approach to melee combat and is something done by even pro players, as the amount of time it takes to perform an assassination is enough time for a player to make a call out and have you the person performing assassination get teamed on by the approaching enemies made aware by your flashy antics.
Assassinations were never necessary in the first place, they are only here to make your kill time longer for flashiness. I’d much rather it to stay optional or not be here at all. If you have an OS and get back smacked, then you deserve it lol. Quick, but usually not simple. No need for a drawn out animation
Assassinations were never necessary in the first place, they are only here to make your kill time longer for flashiness. I’d much rather it to stay optional or not be here at all. If you have an OS and get back smacked, then you deserve it lol. Quick, but usually not simple. No need for a drawn out animation
They could make it so that the animation is much shorter,just a quick stab with a knife or snapping enemies neck when he is punched from behind.
They could make it so that the animation is much shorter,just a quick stab with a knife or snapping enemies neck when he is punched from behind.
whats the point of it then? Side note, OS should only be one shot countered by power weapons or weapon choices. Not intrisic player abilities
Nah, as someone pointed out, that would definitely interrupt the flow of combat in a lot of situations. Pulling one off is more like a bragging situation than anything else.
whats the point of it then? Side note, OS should only be one shot countered by power weapons or weapon choices. Not intrisic player abilities
It would look better!
Assassinations probably will have a toggle, so people that prefer backsmack can be happy. personally, i like the assassinations, its a fancy teabag.
Look, I really like assassinations. However, the entire point of an assassination is that it is unnecessary. It's risky. Flashy. It takes time. It's almost a form of disrespect. It is purposefully breaking the flow of combat to show off. And with all that in mind, it should not replace a beatdown. 1. Because it disrupts combat. and 2. Because they would lose what makes them special if they were necessary. It's not flashy, if you have to do it.
If you make assassinations necessary then you are going to throw off the entire dynamic of the game and make it absolutely one sided for the person with the overshield. If munitions can't take them down, where is the realism in assassinating them when their shields can't drop?
LASO campaign would like to have a word with you. Backs Mack was a lifesaver while grinding LASO.
I think they look cool but the thought of being forced into an animation lock does not settle well with me.

I think it’s fine how it is. On if you want to be flashy but you take the risk of being exposed.
It would look better!
sure but looks shouldnt impede on gameplay
Look guys there is a medal in multiplayer for saving your teammate from assassination,so i think assassination should give you 2 points.Also we can have assassination playlist where everyone has active camo all the time in a labyrinth like map with secret passages.What you think?
I like the option of going into the animation, but being locked in that animation doesn’t always make sense tactically. I don’t like being locked in a situation where I don’t have control. The animation is cool and flashy and don’t get me wrong, sometimes I’ll show off with it, but it should remain a decision in my opinion.
No. I think the assassinations are fine if they can be toggled on or off. Also, as others have stated they can slow down the flow. Personally, I would be ok if assassinations were removed, but in the interest of all players they should be optional and not forced.
No, why would you want to animation lock someone in an arena shooter? you got backsmacked and it's your fault for letting it happen.
I love assassinations to death, but making them necessary isn't a very good idea. As everyone else said, keep the toggle as usual, assassinations are a flashy but vulnerable version of a beatdown, so it shouldn't be necessary to do one as opposed to a beatdown in a lot of situations.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2