Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Make assassinations necessary!

OP N1K Leonhart

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm a big fun of assassination but they can't be necesarry because every animation has a different time range.
I think the only place where there could be required assassinations would be in boss fights in campaign if it is part of the plot/cut scenes in the game. Other than that I don't see it as a good idea, during an assassination you are completely vulnerable to nearby enemy AI and other players and you shouldn't be forced to give up control for up to several seconds in a high risk situation for a potential kill. Assassination should remain as an option though but have a toggle for custom game modes.
That sounds interesting for the overshield. Maybe it could take two back smacks or an assassination. Other than that though I'd like to keep the single back smack = kill on non overshielded players.
It should and always will be just for show.
if anything they should do the opposite and make it easier to disable performing assassinations. Often when I am playing with friends who do not play as often they complain when they accidentally get an assassination because it disrupts the flow of combat and often leaves them exposed. Yes, they should just be going for short presses to avoid getting them, but some people aren't as good at hitting the short window needed to trigger a beat down over an assassination.
The only reason I like assassinations is the fact that I can turn them off when I’m feeling more competitive. If that option is removed, it would greatly hurt my enjoyment of the gameplay
They shouldn't be necessary, but I love assassinations and I hope they return in Infinite
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2