Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Map BTB in infinite

OP captain r0r0

I want 343i to make real maps for the BTB and not forge maps like Halo 5 does. even if the halo 5 maps were cool
Oh definitely, no bloodgulch no buy
Alduric wrote:
I'm more partial to Valhalla myself :P But yeah, we need proper BTB maps for Infinite's launch. Give me those sweaty Zanzibar CTF matches at 4K/60FPS, 343!
I want 343i to make real maps for the BTB and not forge maps like Halo 5 does. even if the halo 5 maps were cool
Okay.

I'm pretty sure everybody would choose the "I want more of everything" option but 343i has limited, albeit considerable, resources.

If 343 expands on the large warzone type experiences, as well as continues the traditional 4v4 arena maps, then something will get put on the back burner. That something may be traditional BTB.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVED Blood Gulch games back in CE and 2, but Infinite can't have everything that everybody potentially wants. 343 may be designing an entirely new multiplayer mode that we're not even expecting which would further divert resources away from traditional BTB.
sandtrap and terminal would be nice to see again
Keep in mind that the new game engine will be created with Forge in mind (as opposed to being shoe-horned on top).

There should be a huge upswing in the quality of Forge maps.

And because BTB maps are larger... and have to cover a wider range of game types... and vehicles!!!... I imagine they would benefit most from the versatility of Forge maps.
Alduric wrote:
I'm more partial to Valhalla myself :P But yeah, we need proper BTB maps for Infinite's launch. Give me those sweaty Zanzibar CTF matches at 4K/60FPS, 343!
yeah zanzibar CTF on MCC Halo 2 anniversary was blast for me even though am not BTB player CTF attack defense is dope
Alduric wrote:
Oh baby.....Zanzibar
you mean more better remake's that not the comunnety has make with forge tools but that the developers make then like real again.

more the same thing there have done in halo 4 with valhalla remake that looks the same like it was back in halo 3 but then with better grafice's?
Well, first off I want BTB to be in the game as I'm worried it'll be an afterthought again and they focus on dumb warzone (really hoping it won't be in!) Then I want developer made BTB maps but I'd also like new maps! Not remakes. I love those old maps I've been playing them since Halo CE but I want new memories. So bring on new maps!!
Darwi wrote:
Keep in mind that the new game engine will be created with Forge in mind (as opposed to being shoe-horned on top).

And because BTB maps are larger... and have to cover a wider range of game types... and vehicles!!!... I imagine they would benefit most from the versatility of Forge maps.
This! The Forge BTB community loves making new and innovative content but unfortunately the one blocker was always the limitations of Forge itself. I personally, am very excited to see what the new Forge can do. In any case, if 343 were to make a few BTB maps and a solid high-quality Forge then it's win-win for everyone.
I agree. No more forge maps. I hated H5’s BTB mainly bc it felt too small and forge like.
TimeDipper wrote:
Darwi wrote:

This! The Forge BTB community loves making new and innovative content but unfortunately the one blocker was always the limitations of Forge itself. I personally, am very excited to see what the new Forge can do. In any case, if 343 were to make a few BTB maps and a solid high-quality Forge then it's win-win for everyone.
If halo infinite out on Xbox one the forge will be limited as halo 5, the old consoles will not hold
TimeDipper wrote:
Darwi wrote:

i not care if some off the forge maps are in the BTB playlist but then i only care if there are make from a place like forge island from halo 5 or forge world from halo reach then i have notting against it and i think the most on this thread also notting have against that.

but the point most on this thread not wane see is that the forge BTB community are making new maps like there have done in halo 5 thats for a lot to far.
what most on this thread wane see is more that developers from 343 are making then the new maps and the remake's since there can make it much better and it looks also better.

and the forge in the halo game's will allways have the same limitations that there are in all the halo game's.