Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Mark VII looks absolutely dope

OP The Kerminater

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Too bad Halo 2 fanboys won't let Master Chief wear it.
Agreed. It looks gorgeous. I love how it is a very well done mix between the eras. Interesting the codpiece is painted black so it fakes it is absent and it looks like the back has a spot for thruster pack attachment?
btw here is the image if you wanna see it.
Seems like my kind of armor. Can’t wait for game to come out so I can try it on.
Definitely likening the mix of art styles in this set. I wonder if this will be the base set for players booting up the multiplayer, rather than Chief’s armour?
Agreed. It looks gorgeous. I love how it is a very well done mix between the eras. Interesting the codpiece is painted black so it fakes it is absent and it looks like the back has a spot for thruster pack attachment?
btw here is the image if you wanna see it.
It's like a mix of Reach's Mark V and Chief's 4/5 Mark VI, leaning towards the latter.

I kind of headcanoned Chief's 4/5 armor as being what Mark VII would have looked like so I'm glad it takes notes from that.

The flatter back/powerpack is interesting and I assume it represents a better miniaturization of the technology. But it also looks kind of like it's meant for attachments.
Halo 2 fanboys are the reason it looks like that. Otherwise it would look like halo 4 and 5 and we know how that goes...

Classic artstyle = cool armor again... hmm who asked for classic art style? I'll wait for your response.
Halo 2 fanboys are the reason it looks like that. Otherwise it would look like halo 4 and 5 and we know how that goes...

Classic artstyle = cool armor again... hmm who asked for classic art style? I'll wait for your response.
I don't think it looks all that classic. It's pretty much 80% new style. Follows a lot of the Halo 5 armor designs in the vein of Blue Team, Recluse, Security, and some others.

I don't think it looks all that classic. It's pretty much 80% new style. Follows a lot of the Halo 5 armor designs in the vein of Blue Team, Recluse, Security, and some others.
Naw fam thats that classic bruva there. Looks nothing like halo 4/5 armor with a mesh of unnecessary stuff. That new armor looks clean like halo 3 for a next gen system.

Naw fam thats that classic bruva there. Looks nothing like halo 4/5 armor with a mesh of unnecessary stuff. That new armor looks clean like halo 3 for a next gen system.
Halo 5 had a huge variety of armor. Lots of them looked this way. Lots of them didn't, too.

Halo 5 had a huge variety of armor. Lots of them looked this way. Lots of them didn't, too.
Variety? 2 choices head and body. And only way to unlock them was random chance or the occasional event where you didn't have to do anything special ( caugh caught like you did in halo 3: all achievements, vidmaster etc) in 5 you just had to get a lot of playtime in to unlock stuff.

Variety? 2 choices head and body. And only way to unlock them was random chance or the occasional event where you didn't have to do anything special ( caugh caught like you did in halo 3: all achievements, vidmaster etc) in 5 you just had to get a lot of playtime in to unlock stuff.
How does that refute variety? There were way more armor sets, just fewer permutations. We're talking about art styles, remember?

I loved that! Armors that actually meant something. From the person who grinded for those and to those on Live "YO bruh! where'd you get that armor" It brought community members together and gave additional incentives to replay portions of the game that otherwise were one and done (not to say the campaigns are bust but it did bring players back).

With Halo infinite having free multiplayer, I can only foresee micro tansactions, battle/season passes in the future with a water-boarding amount of armors.
I absolutely love how the Mark VII does a perfect blend of Bungie's gritty Reach-like artstyle and 343i's vibrant look and color
I don't dislike the design, but I'm not absolutely in love with it, either. Granted, it's not really fair to chalk a reaction to this art up to anything more than a good first impression; seeing the armor modeled in 3D and in movement will be where we can get a real feel for it, and if it doesn't work in that context it doesn't matter how great a concept sketch lead up to it.

As far as its design influences? Like most of Halo Infinite's art direction, it looks to me like it's taking some inspiration from the 343i armors, more inspiration from the Bungie Era stuff (mainly the Mk V and VI predacessors, appropriately), and ultimately, some entirely fresh artistic attitude of its own. In order for it to really stand out and become an iconic armor on par with the hallowed Mk V and VI, that third ingredient will be the most important.

I think a lot of Infinite's success and longevity, in gameplay and general aesthetic, depends more on what cool new features it brings to the table that won't be able to be traced directly back to either Bungie or Reclaimer Era games. It's great that it's taking what works from those directions, but it's going to have to step out of the shadows of its big brothers (loved and hated) in order to really accomplish its stated goal of being a spiritual reboot.
I think it looks way better than the H4-H5 armor. Also, I hope it is an option to use in Infinite. Call it the Mk 7 prototype. Also, why are you writing a hit piece on Halo 2 fans? Many fans disliked the art style of H4-H5. My personal favorite Chief armor is the Mk 5 and damaged Mk 6.

How does that refute variety? There were way more armor sets, just fewer permutations. We're talking about art styles, remember?
Yeah but most of the armor sets look bad (art style)
And to get the few good ones you have to be lucky or play too much.
Only special armor I remember in 5 was helioskrill and you had to play mcc to get that

I loved that! Armors that actually meant something. From the person who grinded for those and to those on Live "YO bruh! where'd you get that armor" It brought community members together and gave additional incentives to replay portions of the game that otherwise were one and done (not to say the campaigns are bust but it did bring players back).

With Halo infinite having free multiplayer, I can only foresee micro tansactions, battle/season passes in the future with a water-boarding amount of armors.
Seeing somebody with recon in a 16 player custom game was the funniest reaction in game chat. OMG HE HAS RECON!!!
Mark VII looks awesome I hope it’s the new default armor in multiplayer. It would be perfect to have Mark VII as default armor for Halo’s “spiritual reboot”.
Yep looks like Halo
Maybe the flat back means Back Customization? Would be a first.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3