Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] Marty o' Donnell should do halo infinite's music

OP Halolover9990

He is the legend of video game soundtracks. If you hear of halo you would think about Martin O'Donnell instantly. It would be awesome if Marty did halo infinite's soundtrack since the greatest of the halo music was by him. This would make me and others have heart attacks from joy of him do the soundtrack. My favorite was halo 2 which he did. If you want him back or if you don't tell me why.
I would love him back but unfortunately he's with another studio right now and considering Infinite is a year from release there's no way he'd be able to do the music. For future titles though, we can only hope.
I think they are gonna use a lot of his previous Halo music in Infinite,like shown in trailers.So in a way it will be like he did Halo Infinite's music.
Marty's doing his own thing. I don't think they'd be able to get him to do the music
Great topic OP! Was just thinking about this myself.

But don't forget Michael Salvatori! I'll be blessed to have either of them compose for Halo again. The music was the worst part of H4/5 for me personally.
As insanely hyped I would be for this to happen, I find it extremely unlikely that he would come back to compose for Infinite. The most I could see is Marty giving advice on the tone and general style of sound to the new composer. Besides, from what we've heard of the soundtrack so far it seems that the classic songs and halo style of music will be present in Infinite, at least for the most part. One can only dream
He is the legend of video game soundtracks. If you hear of halo you would think about Martin O'Donnell instantly. It would be awesome if Marty did halo infinite's soundtrack since the greatest of the halo music was by him. This would make me and others have heart attacks from joy of him do the soundtrack. My favorite was halo 2 which he did. If you want him back or if you don't tell me why.
Halo 2 was my favorite as well. Definitely the peak of all of Marty's compositions.
With Curtis Schweitzer we already have a composer for H:I, so no, Marty won't return.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
With Curtis Schweitzer we already have a composer for H:I, so no, Marty won't return.
Who is that?Is he good?
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Who is that?Is he good?
Here's a short list of his worksI can't tell anything about his qualities as a composer though, since I haven't listened to any of them
Unless they're running one of the most remarkable bait-and-switches in the history of the industry as we speak, Marty isn't coming back for Infinite. It's too far into development for him to do anything but claim a "Consultant" or "Producer" role- neither of which would be a bad idea to give him if he's at all interested in being involved even tangentially (not sure he would be, but I don't get the impression that Marty shares the same tainted enstrangment status with Halo that he does with Bungie/Destiny).

Anyways, all's not lost. I think it's apparent from what we've been shown of Infinite so far that it'll pay homage to Marty's sensibilities and probably will outright bring back many/most of his motifs in a big way. O'Donnell deservedly enjoys the reputation of being to Halo what John Williams was to Star Wars, but like Williams' work, the melodies and major motifs he created are great when reimplemented by him or anyone else.
I'm not to worried, since it does seem they're trying to keep the same feel of his and Michael's music.

Side/semi off-topic note, I just found out that Michael and Marty are responsible for the original Flinstones Vitamin jingle, of all things.
I'm actually really curious as to what the new guy can do. He proved in the Discover Hope trailer that he can imitate Halo music by redoing O'Donnell's work. So, I'd like to hear what new Halo music he can introduce.
Is everyone forgetting that hint Marty tweeted a while back that hinted his return to Halo? It was in June 2018 if anyone wants to look it up. It was 2 tweets actually. The picture one with him, Staten, and Jen at a coffee shop, then a follow up tweet saying that their meeting was not "random".
I'm actually really curious as to what the new guy can do. He proved in the Discover Hope trailer that he can imitate Halo music by redoing O'Donnell's work. So, I'd like to hear what new Halo music he can introduce.
Same here. I liked some of 4's and 5's tracks, and the real problem with 4 for me wasn't the music itself but that it was TOO DANG QUIET. The suitably epic "Arrival" track was drowned out even by the characters talking. If so much as a single Crawler was present, you couldn't hear it. Halo 5 gave us "The Trials" which was like.... Almost too good for words.... Then it was used for Blue Team's intro (And I honestly hope they get to star in Infinite, if even only for a while ..... ) and.... And.... Well... It was also used in The Breaking, which was entirely undeserving of the grandness of the track that was playing during the mission.

Anyway, here's to an epic score for Infinite one way or the other!
I'd like to see, er, I mean hear, a Marty and Neil Davidge collaboration.
I'm looking forward to the current team of composers work though.

Yet, I've been thinking just recently about MS recent studio acquisitions and a certain studio, Ninja Theory. Specifically, Nitin Sawhney. He composed the absolutely amazing soundtracks for Heavenly Sword and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. Let's get him to compose for a future Halo game!

Hajime Hirasawa Star Fox SNES composer. Amazing soundtrack.
Kenji Yamamoto and Minako Hamano Super Metroid SNES composers. Phenomenal soundtrack/effects.

I guess I'm just writing down names of composers who I think did amazing work and who I'd like to hear more from in my favorite game franchises!
I agree 100% with this. I would love to hear Marty's beautiful work while I'm playing Infinite, and any future Halo game for that matter.
Please don't revive old topics thanks