Master Chief Armour Design Is Awful

OP shaydoken

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
im sorry, but if you really dont like the new design or this new direction, you are most likely not a og halo fan. And im not saying that all og fans like this design, people have different opinions and i acknowledge this one, but honestly, this new design is the closest, original and unique style that will no doubt, please the og fans and is absolutely the right direction.
This guy clearly hasn't played a Halo game older than Halo 4, maybe Reach at a push.
This is elitism.
I disagree on all accounts, his Infinite armour is ky favourite iteration.
Snockooz wrote:
im sorry, but if you really dont like the new design or this new direction, you are most likely not a og halo fan.
This guy clearly hasn't played a Halo game older than Halo 4, maybe Reach at a push.
This Has to stop. I'm getting so sick and tired of seeing this argument whenever someone dislikes something from "Classic" or "OG" Halo. Your only doing this to try and Nullify an opinion you don't like. You have no Idea how long this person has been Playing Halo. And no their Service Record proves nothing multiple accounts have and will continue to be a thing. I've been Playing halo since 2002. I Never liked the Mark 6. The Chest piece doesn't even look like armor, It looks like someone spray painted their pec muscles. The Groin/Glute armor looks like a big green diaper. I always saw it as a Down Grade from The Mark 5. I like Chief's Gen 2 armor way more than his Mark 6(heresy, I know). I do like the New armor, its by no means my Favorite but its a nice combination of Chief's other armors. I am Much Happier with this armor than i would have been if he just got his MARK 6 back, something I've seen quite a few people ask for.
you're right, it was wrong of me to automatically assume and force a opinion. either way, its just frustrating to see someone complain when the company has finally started to listen to the community. but everyone has different opinions and view.
quick fix for the color, joint space, and arms (i maybe overdid the shoulders):
https://ibb.co/pjYPMkG
shaydoken wrote:
I don't mean to be rude to the people at 343i that put hours and time in designing the armor.

I seen the Halo Infinite announcement back in E3 2018 and from that moment I knew something didn't feel correct with the armor design. I exchanged few tweets back then with Frank O'Connor/Jeff Easterling. I think Jeff responded to my tweet by saying how can you go off with the announcement trailer, we have more to show in the future....

So fast forward to E3 2019. After watching the trailer I have to say, the armor design is too green, looks plastic and cartoony. Some sort of armor protection you wear when taking part in competitive paintball event. Just feels cheap and doesn't feel unique.

If you look at HALO 4 armor design, that is far better (military vibe). Seeing Chief in that armour design you can take him seriously.

With this HALO INFINITE armour, Chief just feels like a bodyguard for Barbie doll LOL

Seriously 343i please go back to HALO 4 armour design/style and improve on that. This current design has got to go away.

However I am excited for the game!

What do you think?
Both Halo 4 and 5 look like plastic so what's your point? I personally like the green after seeing MC's armor looking pale in Halo 5. Everyone has their own opinions though.
Snockooz wrote:
im sorry, but if you really dont like the new design or this new direction, you are most likely not a og halo fan.
This Has to stop. I'm getting so sick and tired of seeing this argument whenever someone dislikes something from "Classic" or "OG" Halo. Your only doing this to try and Nullify an opinion you don't like. You have no Idea how long this person has been Playing Halo. And no their Service Record proves nothing multiple accounts have and will continue to be a thing. I've been Playing halo since 2002. I Never liked the Mark 6. The Chest piece doesn't even look like armor, It looks like someone spray painted their pec muscles. The Groin/Glute armor looks like a big green diaper. I always saw it as a Down Grade from The Mark 5. I like Chief's Gen 2 armor way more than his Mark 6(heresy, I know). I do like the New armor, its by no means my Favorite but its a nice combination of Chief's other armors. I am Much Happier with this armor than i would have been if he just got his MARK 6 back, something I've seen quite a few people ask for.
you're right, it was wrong of me to automatically assume and force a opinion. either way, its just frustrating to see someone complain when the company has finally started to listen to the community. but everyone has different opinions and view.
Props for owning up to your mistake. Not everyone would. Unfortunately, when one group is satisfied, another will be disappointed. I just hope 343 can find a good compromise to make as many as they can happy. So far, I think they're doing a good job.
I honestly like how they made the Chief look in this trailer. I'm not only talking about the armor, which is great, but also how he looks more buff compared to other games. It kind of matches my head canon of how a Spartan II in full armor should look like based on novels and such.
This adds nothing to the debate, only disregards people opinions with something irrelevant as OG fan and the game people started with.
I think he looks great, but he still looked better in E3 2018 trailer. Graphics were plastic though.
shaydoken wrote:
I don't mean to be rude to the people at 343i that put hours and time in designing the armor.

I seen the Halo Infinite announcement back in E3 2018 and from that moment I knew something didn't feel correct with the armor design. I exchanged few tweets back then with Frank O'Connor/Jeff Easterling. I think Jeff responded to my tweet by saying how can you go off with the announcement trailer, we have more to show in the future....

So fast forward to E3 2019. After watching the trailer I have to say, the armor design is too green, looks plastic and cartoony. Some sort of armor protection you wear when taking part in competitive paintball event. Just feels cheap and doesn't feel unique.

If you look at HALO 4 armor design, that is far better (military vibe). Seeing Chief in that armour design you can take him seriously.

With this HALO INFINITE armour, Chief just feels like a bodyguard for Barbie doll LOL

Seriously 343i please go back to HALO 4 armour design/style and improve on that. This current design has got to go away.

What do you think?
Both Halo 4 and 5 look like plastic so what's your point? I personally like the green after seeing MC's armor looking pale in Halo 5. Everyone has their own opinions though.
Halo 4 looks nothing like plastic. I think Reach, Halo 2A and Halo 4 have the most fidelity to the armor looking like actual metal.
In Halo 5 Spartans look like plastic and in this trailer it is the same thing, they only changed the design but the plastic texture is basically the same.
All in all, its a good, well thought out design, but in real life it would be sooooo expensive that no military would adopt it. Chunky, blocky powered armor is the more realistic route of powered armored exoskeletons.
I feel like a cost analysis for power armor produced 550 years in the future is unrealistic. We don't know what they're capable of then, and even now we're developing 3D printing technologies for metal, something that'd make the rounded shapes easier to produce.

Similarly the spartan program is already a great example of egregious spending. Micro-fusion reactors, alien adapted shielding technology, biofoam cannisters on board that fit...somewhere. Books have boasted about how many ships a single spartan costs. But they're going to cut corners on protection and mobility?
shaydoken wrote:

What do you think?
Halo 4 looks nothing like plastic. I think Reach, Halo 2A and Halo 4 have the most fidelity to the armor looking like actual metal.
In Halo 5 Spartans look like plastic and in this trailer it is the same thing, they only changed the design but the plastic texture is basically the same.
Well, that's my opinion. You know what hard plastic toys look like right?
Can people not put words in my mouth please? In this quote I'm not saying the OP can't have a say if he hasn't played the old games, I'm saying they're acting as if the new design is something 343 just came up with for Infinite, when in reality it is clearly based on the Halo 2/3 armour design. If he were to have even seen the older games he should recognise this, as well as how the previous games had a much more "military vibe" than the newer ones.
The armor design is far more appealing to me than the one seen in Halo 4 and 5. This is the first time 343i has given Master Chief an armor I don't dislike.

On a more important note, the word "plastic[y]" in the context of Halo armor. For over half of all armor iterations, there has been a group of people saying "it looks like plastic". Though it wouldn't surprise me if there was someone who thought the Halo CE, 2, or Reach armor also looks like plastic. But here's a little secret: matte painted metal really does kind of look like plastic. Now, if you don't like that, that's fine, but you might find yourself not liking the appearance of a lot of military equipment, which very often happens to be painted matte.
Can people not put words in my mouth please? In this quote I'm not saying the OP can't have a say if he hasn't played the old games, I'm saying they're acting as if the new design is something 343 just came up with for Infinite, when in reality it is clearly based on the Halo 2/3 armour design. If he were to have even seen the older games he should recognise this, as well as how the previous games had a much more "military vibe" than the newer ones.
Generally the statement reeks of 'true fanism'. You're implying that he'd know better if he played the earlier ones first.

Not everyone agrees with your view of the 2/3 design. I certainly don't and I've been here since the beginning.
Generally the statement reeks of 'true fanism'. You're implying that he'd know better if he played the earlier ones first.

Not everyone agrees with your view of the 2/3 design. I certainly don't and I've been here since the beginning.
I'm not implying that, I'm literally just saying that the design isn't new. And I never said *everyone* agrees with me, but it is undeniable that the vast majority of Halo fans do, especially if you look outside of these forums (which aren't representative of the whole community, most people who disliked Halo 4/5 stopped coming here and use Youtube comments and other platforms instead) you'll see an overwhelming consensus that Halo 4/5's art style needs to go and pay more respect to the original three games. It's taken years for these people to be listened to, and the community is finally happy with 343, so it would be pointless to try to change it back because it would only damage the popularity of the game.
All in all, its a good, well thought out design, but in real life it would be sooooo expensive that no military would adopt it. Chunky, blocky powered armor is the more realistic route of powered armored exoskeletons.
I feel like a cost analysis for power armor produced 550 years in the future is unrealistic. We don't know what they're capable of then, and even now we're developing 3D printing technologies for metal, something that'd make the rounded shapes easier to produce.

Similarly the spartan program is already a great example of egregious spending. Micro-fusion reactors, alien adapted shielding technology, biofoam cannisters on board that fit...somewhere. Books have boasted about how many ships a single spartan costs. But they're going to cut corners on protection and mobility?
Well, heres the thing. With how thick the plating and bodysuit on the new Gen 3 suit is, and considering it's made with the same advances of Gen 2 plus more, its probably more protective overall. If they used rounder plating, it would be the most protective design overall. Mobility wise, the suit looks like a step back from both Gen 1 and 2. It's too thick. But we do know from the Spartan field guide thar Gen 3 is placing protection above all else, so it does make sense that mobility would be less than the previous generation.
They more or less got it right, I have a few small gripes with the design but it's mostly better than Halo 4/5's iteration.
Quote:
With arguments like this I can't take your post seriously.
He looks beautiful again, even better than halo 5. I still think he looked better in E3 2018 trailer. But im happy the way he looks right now
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4