Master Chief Armour Design Is Awful

OP shaydoken

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
As long as 343i puts Locke's GEN 2 Hunter armor in, with revised graphical fidelity and lighting, I'll be ok in MP. Just leave it in its entirety, from Halo 5, and put it in Infinite's MP!
The Chief looks great. Feels more like he used to
Anyone who thinks the Infinite Armour looks like plastic are C R A Z Y.
The texture is metallic, and Chief is a big beautiful badass who could take a rocket to the face. I love it.
oh please no, dont make them bring us back the Halo 4 armor design....

my favorite design remains the Halo 2 Anniversary one, but i am kinda ok with what they showed in the new trailer (at least it's not anymore Halo 4/5 design)
Among the others who have said that they like the armour, I myself prefer this design. However I mainly prefer it because it is more of a nostalgia reason than any, as this armour reminds me so much of the first three halo games. If you didn't know, in the original Halo: Combat Evolved, Chiefs armour was bright green, brighter and greener than this armour. This armour also has a look much close to Halo 3's with shape and design of the armour. To me, this stuff tells me 343 is taking Halo back to its roots by reinstating the old armour look while continuing the story, which I think is really nice of them to do for the community.
I think the armour could include a few adjustments such as a darker shade of green, maybe add some grittiness? but not too much, remember that this is a NEW armour set, its not supposed to look worn out.
Chief looks like an absolute Unit in the Trailer & looks 100x better that 4/5 Chief

This feels more like Chief, not some Deep-Sea diver
Chief will always look great <3
I'm going to be completely honest the older design (Halo 4-5 in particular) is more to my taste. I find the "new" design to be quite lacking in character, too "smooth" for a lack of a better word.

That being said I'm really looking forward to the Halo Infinite campaign.
that looks cartoony but the spartan 4's don't?
Other than certain armor permutations- looking at you SEEKER- I think for the most part the character model lighting, in Multiplayer, is off when comparing to the map lighting. So it seemed too bright when you consider the background, and it made the player models rather plasticky. I know they were trying to make character models standout from the background, but they looked too vibrant in game.
If they were to tone them down, like in Beta, its wouldnt have been such a big deal.
"Master Chief Armour Design Is Awful"

nO yOu

I honestly think that's it's my all time favourite armour for chief, though I do think that the colour should be a bit darker (a tiny bit darker)
Chief looks like an absolute Unit in the Trailer
https://i.imgur.com/9aguo1H.png
The proportions are off. Too bulky in the arms and legs. The hands look weird too. If they fixed this it would be fine
shaydoken wrote:
I don't mean to be rude to the people at 343i that put hours and time in designing the armor.

I seen the Halo Infinite announcement back in E3 2018 and from that moment I knew something didn't feel correct with the armor design. I exchanged few tweets back then with Frank O'Connor/Jeff Easterling. I think Jeff responded to my tweet by saying how can you go off with the announcement trailer, we have more to show in the future....

So fast forward to E3 2019. After watching the trailer I have to say, the armor design is too green, looks plastic and cartoony. Some sort of armor protection you wear when taking part in competitive paintball event. Just feels cheap and doesn't feel unique.

If you look at HALO 4 armor design, that is far better (military vibe). Seeing Chief in that armour design you can take him seriously.

With this HALO INFINITE armour, Chief just feels like a bodyguard for Barbie doll LOL

Seriously 343i please go back to HALO 4 armour design/style and improve on that. This current design has got to go away.

However I am excited for the game!

What do you think?
I felt the same way
shaydoken wrote:
I don't mean to be rude to the people at 343i that put hours and time in designing the armor.

I seen the Halo Infinite announcement back in E3 2018 and from that moment I knew something didn't feel correct with the armor design. I exchanged few tweets back then with Frank O'Connor/Jeff Easterling. I think Jeff responded to my tweet by saying how can you go off with the announcement trailer, we have more to show in the future....

So fast forward to E3 2019. After watching the trailer I have to say, the armor design is too green, looks plastic and cartoony. Some sort of armor protection you wear when taking part in competitive paintball event. Just feels cheap and doesn't feel unique.

If you look at HALO 4 armor design, that is far better (military vibe). Seeing Chief in that armour design you can take him seriously.

With this HALO INFINITE armour, Chief just feels like a bodyguard for Barbie doll LOL

Seriously 343i please go back to HALO 4 armour design/style and improve on that. This current design has got to go away.

However I am excited for the game!

What do you think?
I believe that youre wrong in some parts but right in others.
Firstly I agree that chiefs color is too light green and a darker tone would have fitted him better and this might be the thing that makes it look like a toy perhaps? but to say that this armor design is worse than the Halo 4 armor is wrong in my opinion, chiefs look in H4 is much more cartoonish and less militaristic than the infinity one, besides from that infinity's armor is going back to its roots to the chief we veterans of the franchise know and love and also to a more grounded and military realistic era of Halo
I think the armor is beautiful, I fell in love when I saw it.
I kinda wish the green was darker.
IMO, it is arguably his best looking set of armour ever. I think that people generally prefer the classic art style, and it has stood the test of time for a reason. Halo 3 is still a fantastic-looking game even though it is almost 12 years old. Ascalon VIII has already explained in detail why the newer design is more realistic/believable. In addition, it's not like 343 is just switching things back entirely. If Halo Wars 2 and the footage of Infinite that we have seen is any indication, they are going to incorporate elements from the Bungie games and the expanded universe, with a hint of 4-5. Also, when 343 thought that this was an appropriate armour design for a Halo game, you can see why people started to question their creative choices.
"Awful"? Really? Why is it so hot and cold with you people? It doesn't look awful and it doesn't look phenomenal either. It looks just right. A bit too light green, but that could easily just be down to lighting. I do agree that his arms should be a little longer though. The cod piece could be a little smaller too.
I disagree.

Halo 4 and 5’s art style have too much “visual noise” for my taste. I prefer the more classic looking armor and I very much like this had an obvious influence from the Halo 2/3 era.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4