Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Master Chief: To die, or not to die.

OP Hella Hot Trash

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Chimera30 wrote:
If Halo Infinite should be the last Halo or the end to the Reclaimer Saga they should finally kill him off.
Halo Infinite has neither been described as the last Halo nor as the end of the Reclaimer Saga. It's simply continuing the Master Chief's story.
Halo 3 had it right, Master Chief sacrificed himself and became some mythical being.
To be fair, H3 was ambiguous on Chief's fate for the duration of the credits. Not very long. But even then, I don't think players really thought Chief was dead; it was kind of expected that he survived. Especially when the opening scene of H3 expressly mentioned Chief being lucky. Maybe Bungie thought they were legitimately being clever with that fade to white, but I personally didn't buy it. So, yes, while the rest of humanity in H3 thought Chief sacrificed himself and was dead, we as players knew he survived.
It's not until I played the Legendary ending I saw he survived and drifted to the planet. Him dying has always kind of "stuck" with me for all the wrong reasons. I guess Infinite is just dropping of the numbers then and not signifying the last Halo game. Either way whatever the final Halo game is, I hope he passes heroically.
It's not until I played the Legendary ending I saw he survived and drifted to the planet. Him dying has always kind of "stuck" with me for all the wrong reasons. I guess Infinite is just dropping of the numbers then and not signifying the last Halo game. Either way whatever the final Halo game is, I hope he passes heroically.
The scene showing Cortana and Chief in the Forward Unto Dawn remains came after the credits on any difficulty. The only "secret" ending associated to Legendary difficulty was the ship drifting towards a planet (which we later learned in H4 was Requiem).
Chimera30 wrote:
The scene showing Cortana and Chief in the Forward Unto Dawn remains came after the credits on any difficulty. The only "secret" ending associated to Legendary difficulty was the ship drifting towards a planet (which we later learned in H4 was Requiem).
That's how I know I was just too hyperactive as a teen playing on Normal. I really thought that was Legendary only for both scenes.
Bruh what if the covenant finally figured out noob combos

just a quick pop of the shields and a headshot

BAM

rip. master chief
I think 343 may have been considering it given the direction they chose to go with Halo 5, but after the massively negative reception that the H5 story received, I highly doubt they'd go down that road now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2