1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
What you have to remember about 343 Industries is the fact that they're trend-followers, so they looked at other video games like Mass Effect, Dead Space, and other Science Fiction franchises and altered Halo's artstyle to better match what other companies were doing. The Master Chief got off pretty easy in that regard, so I'm surprised that it's his design that stands out as being a big change to you.
I would not say they are trend followers. If they were, we would have a Battle Royale Halo game.
There hasn't been a Halo title from them since the rise of that genre, and I'll remind you...

. Perks
. Killstreaks
. Killcams
. Sprint
. Quick time events
. Aim down sights
. Advanced mobility
. Borderline always-online digital rights management
. Lootboxes
While I will agree that Halo 4 followed some trends with perks, personal ordnance, and some aspects of the advanced mobility, "aiming down sights" does not qualify as a trend. They introduced SmartScope in an attempt to make every weapon in the sandbox viable.
It's absolutely a case of followed market trends. Every shooter allows you to pull your weapon up to your face with the right trigger, and that's exactly what happens in Halo 5: Guardians.
Not all weapons do that. Some have scopes, some do not. It depends on the design of the weapon.
Is it not the majority that do? It's my understanding that it's only the sniper rifle and throwback weapons (such as the Halo: Combat Evolved pistol) that have traditional scopes.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
What you have to remember about 343 Industries is the fact that they're trend-followers, so they looked at other video games like Mass Effect, Dead Space, and other Science Fiction franchises and altered Halo's artstyle to better match what other companies were doing. The Master Chief got off pretty easy in that regard, so I'm surprised that it's his design that stands out as being a big change to you.
I would not say they are trend followers. If they were, we would have a Battle Royale Halo game.
There hasn't been a Halo title from them since the rise of that genre, and I'll remind you...

. Perks
. Killstreaks
. Killcams
. Sprint
. Quick time events
. Aim down sights
. Advanced mobility
. Lootboxes
While I will agree that Halo 4 followed some trends with perks, personal ordnance, and some aspects of the advanced mobility, "aiming down sights" does not qualify as a trend. They introduced SmartScope in an attempt to make every weapon in the sandbox viable.
It's absolutely a case of followed market trends. Every shooter allows you to pull your weapon up to your face with the right trigger, and that's exactly what happens in Halo 5: Guardians.
Not all weapons do that. Some have scopes, some do not. It depends on the design of the weapon.
Is it not the majority that do? It's my understanding that it's only the sniper rifle and throwback weapons (such as the Halo: Combat Evolved pistol) that have traditional scopes.
The majority do indeed. I guess it would not be as bad if they only kept the "ADS" for the automatic weapons. Scoped weapons like the BR shouldn't use it.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:

. Perks
. Killstreaks
. Killcams
. Sprint
. Quick time events
. Aim down sights
. Advanced mobility
. Lootboxes
The majority do indeed. I guess it would not be as bad if they only kept the "ADS" for the automatic weapons. Scoped weapons like the BR shouldn't use it.
And there you go. It was put into the game because people who play other shooters expect it to be there, so they're put off by the traditional scope system.
I'm so excited about the redesign! Chief's Halo 2/Halo 3 chest, helmet, and shoulder shapes are some of the most recognizable, legendary designs in not only the Halo community but gaming in general.
Johnboy795 wrote:
I'm really glad that 343 is going back to the classic armor design. I'm hoping they do the same with other things in the game mainly the elites. I really dont understand why 343 made such a big change to his armor to begin with. I understand that Cortana made "upgrades" to it. What I dont get though is how is an AI, who's most physical form at the beginning of halo 4 was a hologram, able to make changes to the physical appearance of his armor. I can see Cortana making software upgrades with a new HUD or something like that.
i think that 343 re designed chiefs armor but is going to put h4/5 styled armors in infinite for multiplayer. as for the covenant, i hope they go back to the classic designs for all the species.
Zifker wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
While I do like the redesign of Chief's armor, I don't get why they went from the Halo 4 design back to a remastered classic Armor design for chief. I liked the Halo 4 Chief armor the best though.
They wanted Halo Infinite to be a spiritual reboot. A lot of people were unhappy with how 343i completely overwrote Halo's identity with its new art style, and so the Infinite team seems to be going with a mix of old and new.
"Completely overwrote Halo's identity"? The art changes didn't make the tech lore any less insultingly stupid, they didn't get rid of the operatic grunt's-eye view of an apocalyptic interstellar war, and they didn't even cause a deviation in the old 'Chief and Cortana save the day' plot structure (we all know good and well her alignment shift in Guardians will be reversed or otherwise rendered moot).

Of all the stupid things 343 did do, I can't understand how any fan would fixate on the fact that the H3 Mk6 armor got outmoded. I came into the series with the original H2, and consequently only consider only specific elements of the armor design essential (black tech suit, green plating, orange/gold visor). Sure, the new variant was applied rather hamfistedly, but the H4/H5 armor at least doesn't seem stagnant or regressive like the GEN3 Mk6 does. It looks like someone took the basic Mjolnir elements and added a little Forerunner flair, which works beautifully with Chief's role as prophesied Reclaimer. But changing it back just to please the underaged fanboys who actually believe the series peaked with H3 is just idiotic.

What I'm saying is that Halo's identity is served, not wronged, by an update in Mjolnir firmware. If you're looking for the real threat to the Halo franchise, it's the hobbling of armor customization in multiplayer just to make the game into an overpriced pachinko machine. Also I suppose reversing the updates in armor design for nostalgia's sake. F**k the REQ system, f**k GEN3.
Boo hoo, someone's mad. Calm down, and stop raging and 343-bashing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3