Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] Master chiefs armor classic redesign.

OP Johnboy795

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
What you have to remember about 343 Industries is the fact that they're trend-followers, so they looked at other video games like Mass Effect, Dead Space, and other Science Fiction franchises and altered Halo's artstyle to better match what other companies were doing. The Master Chief got off pretty easy in that regard, so I'm surprised that it's his design that stands out as being a big change to you.
I would not say they are trend followers. If they were, we would have a Battle Royale Halo game.
There hasn't been a Halo title from them since the rise of that genre, and I'll remind you...

. Perks
. Killstreaks
. Killcams
. Sprint
. Quick time events
. Aim down sights
. Advanced mobility
. Borderline always-online digital rights management
. Lootboxes
While I will agree that Halo 4 followed some trends with perks, personal ordnance, and some aspects of the advanced mobility, "aiming down sights" does not qualify as a trend. They introduced SmartScope in an attempt to make every weapon in the sandbox viable.
It's absolutely a case of followed market trends. Every shooter allows you to pull your weapon up to your face with the right trigger, and that's exactly what happens in Halo 5: Guardians.
Not all weapons do that. Some have scopes, some do not. It depends on the design of the weapon.
Is it not the majority that do? It's my understanding that it's only the sniper rifle and throwback weapons (such as the Halo: Combat Evolved pistol) that have traditional scopes.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
What you have to remember about 343 Industries is the fact that they're trend-followers, so they looked at other video games like Mass Effect, Dead Space, and other Science Fiction franchises and altered Halo's artstyle to better match what other companies were doing. The Master Chief got off pretty easy in that regard, so I'm surprised that it's his design that stands out as being a big change to you.
I would not say they are trend followers. If they were, we would have a Battle Royale Halo game.
There hasn't been a Halo title from them since the rise of that genre, and I'll remind you...

. Perks
. Killstreaks
. Killcams
. Sprint
. Quick time events
. Aim down sights
. Advanced mobility
. Lootboxes
While I will agree that Halo 4 followed some trends with perks, personal ordnance, and some aspects of the advanced mobility, "aiming down sights" does not qualify as a trend. They introduced SmartScope in an attempt to make every weapon in the sandbox viable.
It's absolutely a case of followed market trends. Every shooter allows you to pull your weapon up to your face with the right trigger, and that's exactly what happens in Halo 5: Guardians.
Not all weapons do that. Some have scopes, some do not. It depends on the design of the weapon.
Is it not the majority that do? It's my understanding that it's only the sniper rifle and throwback weapons (such as the Halo: Combat Evolved pistol) that have traditional scopes.
The majority do indeed. I guess it would not be as bad if they only kept the "ADS" for the automatic weapons. Scoped weapons like the BR shouldn't use it.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:

. Perks
. Killstreaks
. Killcams
. Sprint
. Quick time events
. Aim down sights
. Advanced mobility
. Lootboxes
The majority do indeed. I guess it would not be as bad if they only kept the "ADS" for the automatic weapons. Scoped weapons like the BR shouldn't use it.
And there you go. It was put into the game because people who play other shooters expect it to be there, so they're put off by the traditional scope system.
I'm so excited about the redesign! Chief's Halo 2/Halo 3 chest, helmet, and shoulder shapes are some of the most recognizable, legendary designs in not only the Halo community but gaming in general.
Johnboy795 wrote:
I'm really glad that 343 is going back to the classic armor design. I'm hoping they do the same with other things in the game mainly the elites. I really dont understand why 343 made such a big change to his armor to begin with. I understand that Cortana made "upgrades" to it. What I dont get though is how is an AI, who's most physical form at the beginning of halo 4 was a hologram, able to make changes to the physical appearance of his armor. I can see Cortana making software upgrades with a new HUD or something like that.
i think that 343 re designed chiefs armor but is going to put h4/5 styled armors in infinite for multiplayer. as for the covenant, i hope they go back to the classic designs for all the species.
Zifker wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
While I do like the redesign of Chief's armor, I don't get why they went from the Halo 4 design back to a remastered classic Armor design for chief. I liked the Halo 4 Chief armor the best though.
They wanted Halo Infinite to be a spiritual reboot. A lot of people were unhappy with how 343i completely overwrote Halo's identity with its new art style, and so the Infinite team seems to be going with a mix of old and new.
Boo hoo, someone's mad. Calm down, and stop raging and 343-bashing.
I personally prefer the halo 4 halo 5 chief armour, it looks great, and after years of playing in the old armour it's nice to have something different, kinda like between halo 1 and 2. Seems a shame they're falling back on the old design. I just hope there's a better explaination as to why there's the change this time other than an out of game nano machines explaination. I'd love to have a cracked helmet for a legendary edition too, like halo 3 had, only this time wearable, and of course the halo 4/5 model.
I never minded the new armor for chief in 4 & 5., but I hated the multiplayer armor with the colored undersuits. Honestly, I love the look of Chiefs armor in Infinite and hope they use that style online too. Although even if they don't I won't be too upset.
I liked the GEN 2 Chief armor, but he shouldn't have looked like that coming out of cryo tho. But i understand that 343 wanted to put their own art into Halo.
But this GEN 3 armor...oh man he never looked this badass!

Mixed design of Halo legends/mark VI
The strong physique design like Halo Wars instead of skinny chief from the previous games,
Halo 4/5 HUD design

Can't wait to play this beast
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3