Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Matt booty talks halo infinite gameplay

OP HaloCrysisKIA88

So in a interview matt booty one of the top guys at xbox game studios talked about halo infinite nothing too big but talked about how exploration and game seemingly will be bigger than ever in terms of gameplay scenarios and exploration and that its visually impressive across the board

https://wccftech.com/halo-infinite-will-offer-a-bigger-set-of-gameplay-scenarios-and-a-bigger-universe-to-explore/
I saw this, and read it, it keeps getting better and better! It is great that we keep getting news like this, something for us to think about until we get a release date/window!

I really hope they show some gameplay at E3 2020 or at least a gameplay trailer.
NEXUS NX wrote:
I saw this, and read it, it keeps getting better and better! It is great that we keep getting news like this, something for us to think about until we get a release date/window!

I really hope they show some gameplay at E3 2020 or at least a gameplay trailer.
we probably are gonna see gameplay before then with the insider testing program they keep talking about I cannot see 343i doing insider testing that late in the game cause they want to get feedback from the community before game releases
It sounds cool but I've learnt enough to keep my expectations from being too high so I'd rather wait and see for game-play since dev's do tend to over exaggerate.
This Halo should be the best Halo yet. 343 is taking their time on this one. Everyone nit picks the games to death, this should be like Reach or Halo 3. I like all the new stuff with each Halo that's been released. Spartan Charge a little iffy in some of the games but it's fun in campaign.
BadDogg55 wrote:
This Halo should be the best Halo yet. 343 is taking their time on this one. Everyone nit picks the games to death, this should be like Reach or Halo 3. I like all the new stuff with each Halo that's been released. Spartan Charge a little iffy in some of the games but it's fun in campaign.
We can hope
ronnie42 wrote:
It sounds cool but I've learnt enough to keep my expectations from being too high so I'd rather wait and see for game-play since dev's do tend to over exaggerate.
Agreed I'm excited but not totally hyped just yet
I am hyped but not 100%. I'm hyped for the story, multiplayer gameplay but I'm worried about the launch and i sign ant a lack of content game. Microsoft isn't good at in terms of doing launch right even if it gets better later, still. Like sea of thieves which had a bad start

I dont want*
There are basically zero hints on gameplay though! :P I often see people quoting this sentence when talking about this interview:
Quote:
Halo infinite feels more modern and cleaner. But also I think there are stronger echoes back to the roots of Halo.
However the full quote is clearly only about design and a tiny bit about the new Slipspace engine:
Quote:
[...] The second thing is just as they bring the Slipspace engine up to date with where we’re at, in terms of, you know, graphics these days, there’s just some cool stuff design wise, it’s been really cool to see them get back to some of the shape language and design language of some of the earlier Halos. You know, there could be said that Halo when you get into Halo five, maybe it was getting a little busy, design wise and it’s cool to just see that. At once, Halo infinite feels more modern and cleaner. But also I think there are stronger echoes back to the roots of Halo. And it’s really cool to see that stuff.

To boil it down, I would actually say Halo Infinite is visually impressive and more expansive.
And luckily so, at least for me! 😛 The first time I heard about this out of context my first reaction was that Hi would only look like Halo again, however the game itself would once more be "Call of Halo 5: Crysis", and I really don't need this a third time in a row. I hope 343i will ditch those annoying AMM and build upon other aspects instead. Rumors say the campaign will be a semi open world for instance, and while I get it that many might not like this, at least you got to admit that it would fit well with a classic Halo experience. Unlike sprint + shields!^^'

I cross my fingers, but my personal hype train only starts with a gameplay reveal and I doubt we'll get it any time soon sadly!
Personally I cross my fingers for keeping the exact same gamplay between halo 5 and infinite but halo 3 fans want to stay snails forever that's so disappointing
From the words he used it kinda sounds like what I'm hoping for. Not fully open world but rather just bigger play spaces.
Heyhou117 wrote:
Personally I cross my fingers for keeping the exact same gamplay between halo 5 and infinite but halo 3 fans want to stay snails forever that's so disappointing
I still don't understand the snails reference... The base movement mechanics and your sense of speed have nothing to do with each other. DOOM pretty much proved it already, or are you trying to tell me H5 is faster than the master piece from id software?

Fans of the Bungie era game want the same basic gameplay, but that doesn't mean we want the same slow FEELING from H3. Even though personally speaking the pace from HCE and Reach were the best in the whole series imho, but I know to be in the minority in this. Because fact is, most people on Waypoint want the gameplay from Bungie back, AAs as pick-ups without loadouts and the units per second speed from H5.

Based on this your criticism doesn't make sense, as long as you don't interpret it like a low key insult that is. It should have been:

"Personally I cross my fingers for keeping the exact same gamplay between Halo 5 and infinite, but Halo 2/3 fans don't want any advanced movement mechanic and that's so disappointing!"

There! That's a logical statement! We might still disagree, however I would understand where you're coming from without wondering if you're trying to insult us! <- not sarcastic at all! 😏
As great as this sounds they just need to deliver! They are doing everything right which is both awesome and terrible. If the game does NOT live up to the hype they are building, it could be the biggest disaster in gaming history. Remember Halo is the flagship game for Xbox. It is THE game that brought so many players to Xbox and THE game that has kept so many players. We will see what they do with this pressure. I can tell you if it doesn't live up to what they are building, it is not going to be good. I'm not being negative, but laying down what I know is true in the business.