Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

microtransactions in infinite

OP SpecialCash1376

face it, there will be mtx in infinite sadly. since they making it f2p, it will have mtx. what kind of mtx would you like to see? imo a battlepass would be the best way to introduce mtx since it is the least bs way and still rewards progression. what do you think?

mtx = microtransactions
face it, there will be mtx in infinite sadly. since they making it f2p, it will have mtx. what kind of mtx would you like to see? imo a battlepass would be the best way to introduce mtx since it is the least bs way and still rewards progression. what do you think?

mtx = microtransactions
I certainly think it will be cosmetic items only.

A premium tier Battlepass system could work, but I think there may be a lot more direct purchase customisation items
that there will be microtransactions in infinite was the very first thing they confirmed for the game. i think even before they announced the name. tells you something about were the priorities lie in this game.
also there are no good ways for MTs being implemented in a game, since the game is always tailored towards selling MTs and not towards being a user-friendly good game.
best thing they do is come up with a very very weak (non)excuse for them, or how they "really, really, pinkyfinger-promise are not that bad". and people still fall for this and will even start defending MTs.

also also: aren't there already a ton of other threads on the topic of MTs? isn't there a search function in the forums?
weapon skins, vehicle skins, piece-by-piece and full set armor skins, armor effects (electric cloud, grunt birthday party, flaming helmet), emblems, banners, voice announcers, assassinations, stances, early access to new content, quicker unlocks to campaign upgrades (if this is a real thing), xp boosts or multipliers.
I think that some things should not be purchasable, like really difficult achievement or ranking rewards. I think that everything in my list above, other than early access, should be unlockable though normal play, but if someone wants to spend $5 on an armor effect rather than grind for a month, then fine with me.
I don't want either "micro"-transactions and/or a battle pass but these times are long gone...

One can only hope they don't go crazy with Infinite being F2P.
The best way I think they could possibly do it is to have everything unlockable in-game, tied to commendations that almost serve like sidequests. For example, CQB is unlocked piece by piece by completing the Bulldog Commendation, along with Bulldog coatings and stuff like that.

The Bulldog Commendation, instead of being 5 tiers of "get an increasing amount of Bulldog kills" like we saw in Halo's past, would instead be a set of 10 Bulldog-related challenges. Some not so difficult and some very very difficult, which you can complete in any order just a quick example:

1 - 300 Bulldog Kills - Gold Bulldog Coating
2 - Achieve a Bulltrue with the Bulldog - Blood Splattered Bulldog Coating
3 - Get an Open Season medal with the Bulldog - CQB Helmet
4 - Get a Killtrocity with the Bulldog - CQB Chest
5 - 10 kills with the Bulldog without reloading - CQB Shoulders
6 - Get 25 kills with the Bulldog in a single match - CQB Legs
7 - Survive a round of infection using only the Bulldog, with at least 15 kills - CQC Wrists
8 - Get an Exermination medal with the Bulldog - Kelly 082 armor coating
9 - Get a perfection medal in a game with the Bulldog as your Tool of Destruction - Oathsworn Bulldog Coating
10 - Get every Bulldog commendation - Complete HERMES armor set.

Then other challenges would be given to other commendations, which are appropriate to the weapon, challenge, or gametype in question. How MTX comes into play then, is that through MTX you can purchase any of the unlock rewards from commendations. So you can outright buy the CQB set instead of unlocking it, or the Hermes set which per my example is even harder to acquire. This won't complete the commendation challenge, so if you buy the Oathsworn coating, you would still need to complete the commendation associated with it to get Hermes. But MTX would allow players a short cut or easy method to getting the gear they want to wear.

Whenever new cosmetics are added to the game I would like to see more new commendations added to unlock them as well, with nothing truly fully locked behind a paywall.