Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Microtransactions return back, is the game ruined?

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
Bruh, we kept begging please no microtransactions and loot boxes. I miss those days where yoy can earn rewards instead of getting rewards in req packs. Heard a news where it's likely to be the same as Halo 5. I really have a bad feeling about Infinite.

Now I'm even more worried about Halo Infinite's multiplayer. At least gears 5 won't have season pass and loot boxes and a better system. I still believe that 343 doesn't listen to the community but they don't listen about the microtransactions.

"Microtransactions has no place in halo" even hardy lebel the creator of the MP says that and that's. video from act mans video.

I hope this isn't true, i just hate this microtransaction system and it sucked in halo 5.

Article: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-will-have-aaa-player-investment-expe/1100-6469172/
AMA4N wrote:
Bruh, we kept begging please no microtransactions and loot boxes. I miss those days where yoy can earn rewards instead of getting rewards in req packs. Heard a news where it's likely to be the same as Halo 5. I really have a bad feeling about Infinite.

Now I'm even more worried about Halo Infinite's multiplayer. At least gears 5 won't have season pass and loot boxes and a better system. I still believe that 343 doesn't listen to the community but they don't listen about the microtransactions.

"Microtransactions has no place in halo" even hardy lebel the creator of the MP says that and that's. video from act mans video.

I hope this isn't true, i just hate this microtransaction system and it sucked in halo 5.

Article: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-will-have-aaa-player-investment-expe/1100-6469172/
we most accept that microtransactions are staying in the halo game's if we like it or not.
you also know there most earn the money back there have use for creating the game and microtransactions is a option sadly now a day's.

and maybe 343 not wane add microtransactions but if it most from microsoft then there have no choose.

and if the dlc maps are free then its good since some other big titels are making the dlc maps free and add mircrotransactions and lootboxen in there game.
Why did you open another tread with the same topic just seven minutes after you just posted in that very same tread? Here is the >>LINK of the original tread.

I get it that the title "Why?" from the other user was terrible and click-bait at best, but that's no reason to rehash the same topic... -,-' Just ask the mods to change the title and move on.
Spikanor wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

we most accept that microtransactions are staying in the halo game's if we like it or not.
you also know there most earn the money back there have use for creating the game and microtransactions is a option sadly now a day's.

and maybe 343 not wane add microtransactions but if it most from microsoft then there have no choose.

and if the dlc maps are free then its good since some other big titels are making the dlc maps free and add mircrotransactions and lootboxen in there game.
I had a bad feeling about this since when frank Connor said microtransactions were well liked in Halo 5 back in early 2018.
<p></p>
Why did you open another tread with the same topic just seven minutes after you just posted in that very same tread? Here is the >>LINK of the original tread.

I get it that the title "Why?" from the other user was terrible and click-bait at best, but that's no reason to rehash the same topic... -,-' Just ask the mods to change the title and move on.
The point is that fans critize it because we don't want 343 to fail. We want then to do well in Infinite so game isn't out yet so we don't know what its gonna be like.
AMA4N wrote:

The point is that fans critize it because we don't want 343 to fail. We want then to do well in Infinite so game isn't out yet so we don't know what its gonna be like.
Aha. Okay. 🤨 ... That has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

I do agree however with your concerns, it's just I have the feeling I'm talking to a wall right now, because what you wrote makes no sense as a response to my post! 😂
AMA4N wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

I had a bad feeling about this since when frank Connor said microtransactions were well liked in Halo 5 back in early 2018.
<p></p>
if there invest 500mill dollar in a game then you wane earn the 500mill also back from the game then there are few options there can do to earn the money back there have invest in the game.

option 1: sell the game for a high price in the shops that nobody is gone buy the game since the price is to high and no microtransactions and lootboxen in the game.
option 2: add mircrotransactions in the game and lootboxen and sell the game for a low price like the last few years that people still buy the game but earn most off the invest money back with microtransactions and lootboxen.
or option 3: add no microtransactions and lootboxen in the game and sell the game still for a low price and lose a lot off your money you have invest in the game and at some point its done with the company.
Spikanor wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

<p></p>
if there invest 500mill dollar in a game then you wane earn the 500mill also back from the game then there are few options there can do to earn the money back there have invest in the game.

option 1: sell the game for a high price in the shops that nobody is gone buy the game since the price is to high and no microtransactions and lootboxen in the game.
option 2: add mircrotransactions in the game and lootboxen and sell the game for a low price like the last few years that people still buy the game but earn most off the invest money back with microtransactions and lootboxen.
or option 3: add no microtransactions and lootboxen in the game and sell the game still for a low price and lose a lot off your money you have invest in the game and at some point its done with the company.
I'd rather have opition 1, that would be great of the game is expensive but without loot boxes and microtransactions.343 and Microsoft can still earn lots og money without them but i dont mind microtransactions as long its cosmetic and doesn't affect the gameplay. Like forza 7's loot boxes got so bad that Microsoft had to remove it, really don't eat then to make the same mistake again. Doom did it well with release, it was worth being expensive and it didn't have any microtransactions and loot boxes.
Microtransactions does not equal loot boxes. It's already been confirmed there will be no payed loot boxes. The thing with modern MP games is everyone expects them to be supported with post launch content, which costs money. So either we have to pay for said extra content or they implement a MTX system. As long as it's cosmetic only, fairly priced, and the in game progression system isn't designed to make you buy if you want something (like Apex Legends for example), I see no issue. That is just the reality of the MP industry.

EDIT: By the way Gears 5 will have MTX.
Glad they are doing something. As much as I love Halo it doesn't take long to move on to the next game unless your a streamer or in the forge community.
Spikanor wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

No, we mustn't. That didn't work too well for EA and Activision, and if Halo fans don't like it, it won't go so well for 343i either. Heck, one could argue it already hasn't given that Hlo 5's sales figures were almost half of Halo 4's.
Spikanor wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

No, we mustn't. That didn't work too well for EA and Activision, and if Halo fans don't like it, it won't go so well for 343i either. Heck, one could argue it already hasn't given that Hlo 5's sales figures were almost half of Halo 4's.
True but i think it will still be better than halo 5's system
thats not really news. i think they had job offerings like this for a long time now.
this is also one of the things i'm worried about and the monetization will have a huge impact on my decission how i will play infinite (on xb1 or scarlet, buy or borrow or buy used)

the sadest part in my opinion is, that there are still people saying: it's here to stay, we must accept it... thats the reason it got so bad in the first place.

we have to push back, not accept it
WSerg wrote:
thats not really news. i think they had job offerings like this for a long time now.
this is also one of the things i'm worried about and the monetization will have a huge impact on my decission how i will play infinite (on xb1 or scarlet, buy or borrow or buy used)

the sadest part in my opinion is, that there are still people saying: it's here to stay, we must accept it... thats the reason it got so bad in the first place.

we have to push back, not accept it
We still don't know much about it but i still have faith in it. We don't know how it's gonna work. It's it's going to be cosmetic then ill be happy with it.
AMA4N wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

<p></p>

I'd rather have opition 1, that would be great of the game is expensive but without loot boxes and microtransactions.343 and Microsoft can still earn lots og money without them but i dont mind microtransactions as long its cosmetic and doesn't affect the gameplay. Like forza 7's loot boxes got so bad that Microsoft had to remove it, really don't eat then to make the same mistake again. Doom did it well with release, it was worth being expensive and it didn't have any microtransactions and loot boxes.
then the halo 5 REQ system was a good thing since it was for matchmaking only cosmetic.
that for warzone a diffrend thing is thats something else but for matchmaking was the REQ system a good thing.
if there are players that wane spent a lot off real money to get there favoriete gear suit en helm is there option to do it and thats something never will chance since some people do it.

and really for the standart edition from the game i am not gone pay 100+ euro's since its only for a free microtransactions and lootboxen game is something that go's to far for me and i think also for a lot others.
Spikanor wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

EA and activision are blood hounds that only care about earning money and not about the comunety or the stat off the game.
activision has learn it the hard way with BO4 since it was there a lot off microtransactions and the belance was not fear and the stat off the game was good crap at launch.
and EA will never chance it was also thanks to then with Star Wars battlefrond 2 that the big microtransactions was a big problem that there have use it to unbelance the game big and curse a big problem in the wold.

that halo 5 sales are worse are the reasons off diffrend things.
if you play in the campaign with 3 AI's will in the past halo's it was only with no AI that was helping you and if you die that you go back to last checkpoint was a good thing since you needed skill to compleet missions that are now things that was now good about campaign.
then you have a group that only care's about old school style and not care about new things.
there are for halo 5 diffrend things some group off players not like it.
Spikanor wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

<p></p>

then the halo 5 REQ system was a good thing since it was for matchmaking only cosmetic.
that for warzone a diffrend thing is thats something else but for matchmaking was the REQ system a good thing.
if there are players that wane spent a lot off real money to get there favoriete gear suit en helm is there option to do it and thats something never will chance since some people do it.

and really for the standart edition from the game i am not gone pay 100+ euro's since its only for a free microtransactions and lootboxen game is something that go's to far for me and i think also for a lot others.
the REQ was a loot box and it ruined the rewarding system such as armor being randomized ti what you're getting plus you can buy the loot box with real money.
YES, more ways for them to hold your game content hostage and demand a ransom for it, either through your time spend playing (which is inflated ridiculously) or unlock them almost immediately, if the RNG GOD feel like it, with real money!!!

I miss the days when you just got a game, put it in and just played it...…… No unlockable, no microtransactions or lootboxes……

Oh, and if you wanted an expansions, it was called DLC!
Req packs are one of the worst forms of loot boxes as it contains weapons and vehicles for war-zone as well as cosmetics. So any microtransactions in Halo must stay far away from that form, and better just have it ala carte' instead of randomized.

But yeah right now the AAA game industry is not supported by the tens of thousands of player purchasing the same game, but instead by hundreds of players dumping thousands to tens of thousands of dollars on a single game. It is not about fun, it is about whales. Those that spend the money are the haves, everyone else is a grunt, but one purchase can make you a jackal.
If Halo Infinite is really as bad as I think is, then it's a pass for me. If they try to pull a Black Ops 4 and add in overbearing, egregious microtransactions months after launch, I'm still not buying. I'll wait 6 months after launch, minimum, before I even consider buying the game. 343 needs to explains this, NOW, before it causes a huge -Yoink- storm in the community.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10