Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

MINIMUM LEVEL TO PLAY RANKED MATCH

OP Kedje21

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo infinite multiplayer needs a minimum level to access at the ranked match as other videogame (like rainbow six). In this way the smurfs can be eliminated.
It won't eliminate them, only slow them down. Trust me, Overwatch tried the same thing, didn't stop them.
You're right
It won't eliminate them, only slow them down. Trust me, Overwatch tried the same thing, didn't stop them.
But even if they put an high minimum level? I don't know for example level 90? (talking about Halo 5 where the maximum level is 152)
that would be an absolutely terrible idea imo. I would simply never play ranked there.
Kedje21 wrote:
But even if they put an high minimum level? I don't know for example level 90? (talking about Halo 5 where the maximum level is 152)
Yeah no, it took me weeks to get that high and I was playing pretty regularly on Halo 5, 90's too high. No one would grind that hard to play comp unless they're extremely determined. No, what Halo needs is an IP link scan.

What I mean is; say you place Platinum, you fluctuate back and forth between that and Diamond. Then your brother/sister/parent(whoever you're living with tbh) gets into comp too, they won't likely place the same as you depending on their skill but the system takes into account that there is an existing account on that IP sitting around Plat/Diamond. So roughly that's where they will drop near until the game figures out "ok, this isn't the same person" and shifts them to where they belong.

Now if someone were to place on one account, then make a smurf to try and forcibly play at a lower ELO, the system simply won't allow them because it should register the fact an existing account is sitting somewhere else.

Either that, or make it so smurfs can only queue up with other smurfs.
Kedje21 wrote:
Halo infinite multiplayer needs a minimum level to access at the ranked match as other videogame (like rainbow six). In this way the smurfs can be eliminated.
Kedje21 wrote:
I love this idea instead, but there is a problem,during Esports you can not use your xbox account
Kedje21 wrote:
Jesus God no it takes like 6 months to reach that rank. Smurfs aren’t even that big of a problem tbh
Tresor564 wrote:
Kedje21 wrote:
Jesus God no it takes like 6 months to reach that rank. Smurfs aren’t even that big of a problem tbh
You're right is too high infact it was an example
Kedje21 wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
Kedje21 wrote:
It’s a pretty bad example but even at a low level like lv 5 it wouldn’t work it’s just not worth it tbh
Tresor564 wrote:
Kedje21 wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
Kedje21 wrote:
It’s a pretty bad example but even at a low level like lv 5 it wouldn’t work it’s just not worth it tbh
You have a smurf account don't you?
A minimum level requirement isn't a terrible idea as other games have done it and it seems too work pretty good. It would have to be not too high of a level, otherwise people would complain as there are lots of people out there that only play ranked, even when they first get the game... But it has to be high enough to deter people from making new accounts. It's a hard balance honestly. It wouldn't stop new accounts but it would slow them down and to be honest I'm all for that as I see so many in Halo 5 now especially playing Doubles and semi Team Slayer. I honestly see more second accounts in Halo 5 than I did in Halo 3 and I'm not exaggerating that.

All I know is that Microsoft/343 need to try to do something more to deter second accounts because they really do ruin the players experience.
A minimum level requirement isn't a terrible idea as other games have done it and it seems too work pretty good. It would have to be not too high of a level, otherwise people would complain as there are lots of people out there that only play ranked, even when they first get the game... But it has to be high enough to deter people from making new accounts. It's a hard balance honestly. It wouldn't stop new accounts but it would slow them down and to be honest I'm all for that as I see so many in Halo 5 now especially playing Doubles and semi Team Slayer. I honestly see more second accounts in Halo 5 than I did in Halo 3 and I'm not exaggerating that.

All I know is that Microsoft/343 need to try to do something more to deter second accounts because they really do ruin the players experience.
That Is exactly what I thought
A lot of people who start playing halo for the first time start with ranked match and for me they shouldn't do it because there would be a distinct disadvantage for both him and his team. Furthermore I know a lot of people that have 10/15 smurf account and is embarrassing! Slow them down would be already a goal for me.
Kedje21 wrote:
A lot of people who start playing halo for the first time start with ranked match and for me they shouldn't do it because there would be a distinct disadvantage for both him and his team. Furthermore I know a lot of people that have 10/15 smurf account and is embarrassing! Slow them down would be already a goal for me.
They could make it so that they have to play a minimum requirement of matches in regular social playlists before Arena will unlock for them.
Kedje21 wrote:
They could make it so that they have to play a minimum requirement of matches in regular social playlists before Arena will unlock for them.
Also this is a great idea
How bout no ranks, that way we have no real reason for griefers to exist.
Sev808 wrote:
How bout no ranks, that way we have no real reason for griefers to exist.
if you go this route , you give a lot of people no real reason to play at all. A large portion of the multi-player base are ranked enthusiasts and M$ is not willing to let that money walk away if they can help it. Doubtful 343 is either.

I miss when you have to pay to make a 2nd account, that really put a damper on so many Smurfs.
Kedje21 wrote:
I literally just got to 90 the other day, and I’ve been playing since release for 5.

No thanks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2