Missed opportunity with no BR

OP RomanHoliday666

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
People in the “general population” don’t like what they aren’t good at either. @MinusSquire2145
Oh nooooo...No BR mode...Whatever will I do...
We might see a br mode in halo 7 or some other halo spin off game. Br is still popular and as much a fad as the common fps. Game companies keep investing in br and people keep playing and watching it.

Plus halo has many things in the lore and games, that make br perfect for the halo franchise .
People in the “general population” don’t like what they aren’t good at either. @MinusSquire2145
What a sweeping generalization, and hidden low blow against anyone who's against the idea of implementing a BR mode into Halo.

Pray tell, how does anyone get into any new hobby or game when they dislike what they aren't good at? Or am I some special case where I can like something I suck at? Like painting Warhammer miniatures, building MtG decks, swimming, martial arts, practically any new game which I'm unfamiliar with?
Battle royale is a fad and I am glad that 343 chose to focus its efforts on making a good Halo game, rather than just cashing in on a short-term trend. What they should do is create an awesome new mode, like what Reach did with Invasion. Also, like MinusSquire2145 said, the hype for BR is pretty much gone now.
Honestly if your launching on PC your missing a huge community that wants a halo battle royal. Like I’m watching DrDisrespect right now and his reaction to your trailer. “Just imagine it.” As he looks at the huge vista from last years trailer. Yet you guys said no.

Missed opportunity.
You know what lead to halos downfall? Copying trends.Now you want them to copy trends again.Why would people flock to it when you already have fortnite which is free I believe and battlefield 5? Definitely not a missed opportunity
I'm perfectly content without a Halo BR. A lot of Halo's defining mechanics are not applicable to BR anyways. Map control, power weapon contesting, and balanced starts go right out the window. If they were to do Halo BR, let it be a spin off that has greater room to experiment with the formula, not a main line title.
While I could care less if they did or didn't have one, I think your logic as to why is flawed. By the logic you give, all social or any mode outside of basic slayer/objective (not even all of them) don't work in Halo. Granted I am probably looking at this with an extreme and absolute view, I still think this is a poor mindset to have. Just because it is a main line game doesn't seem experimental stuff can't be added to the game, especially when we are talking about a game mode and not changing the actual game mechanics.

Nothing is stopping the from adding a BR in the future after the game comes out. In fact, Halo might actually be a good fit because of its already well defined sandbox. Nothing says a smaller BR mode of like 20 players launched after the game is bad. Do I think 343 should instead focus on making a good regular Halo first? Yes, but after that launches? I think 343 has fair game for whatever they want to try game mode wise.

While I agree it is a fad, I don't agree with those saying "it will kill Halo!" or "It will just be copying again!". It is a game mode. I hate Fortnite as much as the next guy, but maybe the hate for a BR like mode is only slightly overblown?
Look at how the battle royal is doing in Battlefield V. No one asked for it. Last I checked they had to remove the duos mode because of a lack of people actually playing it.
John9895 wrote:
Battle royale is a fad and I am glad that 343 chose to focus its efforts on making a good Halo game, rather than just cashing in on a short-term trend. What they should do is create an awesome new mode, like what Reach did with Invasion. Also, like MinusSquire2145 said, the hype for BR is pretty much gone now.
Why is fortnite number one on the most played games list then?
John9895 wrote:
While Fortnite may be popular, I can't think of any other BR game that is nearly as successful. All the more reason why Halo shouldn't follow the trend. Like you said before, if people want BR, they can play Fortnite.
I agree with the sentiment that this is a job for the forge community.

I've always enjoyed the game types with limited lives / last man standing types... so it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

343 could (and probably should) add some specific options into forge to help people build their own BR games.

Someone suggested in a much older thread using ODST drop pods in a BR type format.
I do kind of expect the new Warzone to be something with some roguelike and BR elements.

Something like - Fireteams of 4 spartans are dropped onto the edge of a huge map and have to fight their way to the centre and claim a flag/plant a bomb or something.
Personally I'm glad they are bucking the BR trend. If they added a BR feature it would come off as lazy and probably way too late for the BR trendiness
John9895 wrote:
Agreed. Take Warzone for example. It has a few issues that need to be sorted, and it never should have replaced any other modes (BTB), but it's fun, it's innovative and it tried to do something new.
Seems a waste of time to chase a dying trendy game mode
John9895 wrote:
Because fortnite latched onto the trend early and did it well, effectively becoming the trend setter.

The better question is why aren't the other games that added BR doing well? Why is apex legends already considered to be dead or dieing? Why haven't battlefield V and Fallout 76 been rejuvenated due to its inclusion. Why does Mordhau have full lobbies for other game types but their BR mode you're lucky to get 10 people?

People who like BR have a game that does BR well, so they flock to it. There's no point cramming it into everything else.
I think of BR as I do MOBAs. While they're fine as their own games, they don't need to be in every single popular title.

Personally I give kudos to 343 for not caving into the current BR fad.
John9895 wrote:
Because fortnite latched onto the trend early and did it well, effectively becoming the trend setter.

The better question is why aren't the other games that added BR doing well? Why is apex legends already considered to be dead or dieing? Why haven't battlefield V and Fallout 76 been rejuvenated due to its inclusion. Why does Mordhau have full lobbies for other game types but their BR mode you're lucky to get 10 people?

People who like BR have a game that does BR well, so they flock to it. There's no point cramming it into everything else.
I agree
jalam wrote:
Personally I'm glad they are bucking the BR trend. If they added a BR feature it would come off as lazy and probably way too late for the BR trendiness
Unless they work hard at making it orginal and feel like a fully flushed out mode. If it comes out good trend or not, people will play it, just like how there is a hard core fanbase for warzone.
Modod wrote:
Seems a waste of time to chase a dying trendy game mode
Did you know that other markets live for battle royal?! They even have tv shows devoted to the concept. Animated of course, but also a major book that gave way to cinematic movies that were number 1 at the box office each time it hit theatres.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4